Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thats the ROGER SANCHEZ i love, CIELO REVIEW

Man i just got home from hearing roger play the best set ive heard him play in nyc this yr since his other set in the summer at cielo. From 11pm till 435am he had the place jumping all over the place. Like roger said at the end of the night,those big rooms is are fun but this is FAMILY.DEEP HOUSE AND SOUL and just plain ol HOUSE, blasting from those speakers the whole night was HEAVEN.SO good chillin and dacning with, eliseo, tunisia, ron, pete,andy,greg,regina, lainie,shirley, meredith, eric, lula, nick. And tons of others who were feeling the vibe jsutas much as we were. Lots of industry folk as well, and unfortuantely a VERY HARD DOOR. Sorry to a few who pm me i coudlnt do anything,im sorry.

Roger was working that mixer and those record and cds all ngiht long, remindded me of joe claussell for a moment. At the end of the night roger took a few pics with his fans and tlaked for a bit, which is always a good thing. Nothing beats a BIG name dj in an intimate setting. Until the next release yourself party. From 1987 till 2004 the musical journey the SMAN took us on at cielo was great. From Frech kiss by lil louis (1989)To a HUNDRED birds- jaguar (2003) to TYRESE- ACID CRASH (1988) to I GO BACK- robert owens-(2004) to MARSHALL JEFFERSON- MOVE YOUR BODY(1987) it was simply HOUSE MUSIC. No chesse no pots and pans. Hector romero tonite and tedd patterson on sat. What a great week indeed.

I would have loved to see Roger in an intimate environment like Cielo... but like you said, even if I had heard about it beforehand, I can only imagine how hard the door was.

Not surprising to hear that he spun there with the owner having ties to Pacha.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

-m

On a side note: I've gone to cielo a few times on Monday nights to see Francois K.. and to be honest.. I have fun with my friends, however I cant get into the music at all. Do you recommend any other regular weekly nights there?

Hi Silverbull - I was to attend last night but I had to pass as I've had bronchitis for the past week. I am so glad you have come to learn the true meaning of great talent. Roger (as I have always told you) is TOPS when it comes to musica. Hope to see you soon. :bowdown:

s-man did read that room perfectly and played just the right style of cozy warm house. it seemed to speak to everyone on a soulful level, cielo is the perfect size small music venue where every person counts & roger delivered exactly the right feel there. i loved his deep & funky house, espec the instrumentals. i thought sm of his tracks were too much vocally radio house from the 90s...I guess he wanted to play a very familiar warm set it certainly pleased everyone but I liked the deep instrumentals much more. however his skills were on display like ive never heard before. he really is technically brilliant, the way he introduces records and then brings them down and back up, his precision was amazing. frequently he was playing 2 records u knew together and yet it matched perfectly. I think the more modern records he played his last set at cielo were better, but as an event Id have to rate both of these 2 cielo s-man gigs as both really really good. the crowd was sharp & polite- friendly, feeling the warmth of roger's music. cielo might be the best setting to hear house music. you know its a great night when u stay til the very last song- about 4:20 in this case. i think his spirit set earlier in the year may have been musically better, he played some progressive & tech-house then that really took the crowd to another level. but then again hearing him at cielo creates a warm family vibe that may be a more enjoyable experience overall. sanchez has been famous & successful a long time but until you hear what he can do on the decks you really cant iamgine what a talent & cool person he is. he speaks through his music & his message is as spiritual & heartfelt as true house music can be. 7.5 out of 10.

s-man did read that room perfectly and played just the right style of cozy warm house. it seemed to speak to everyone on a soulful level, cielo is the perfect size small music venue where every person counts & roger delivered exactly the right feel there. i loved his deep & funky house, espec the instrumentals. i thought sm of his tracks were too much vocally radio house from the 90s...I guess he wanted to play a very familiar warm set it certainly pleased everyone but I liked the deep instrumentals much more. however his skills were on display like ive never heard before. he really is technically brilliant, the way he introduces records and then brings them down and back up, his precision was amazing. frequently he was playing 2 records u knew together and yet it matched perfectly. I think the more modern records he played his last set at cielo were better, but as an event Id have to rate both of these 2 cielo s-man gigs as both really really good. the crowd was sharp & polite- friendly, feeling the warmth of roger's music. cielo might be the best setting to hear house music. you know its a great night when u stay til the very last song- about 4:20 in this case. i think his spirit set earlier in the year may have been musically better, he played some progressive & tech-house then that really took the crowd to another level. but then again hearing him at cielo creates a warm family vibe that may be a more enjoyable experience overall. sanchez has been famous & successful a long time but until you hear what he can do on the decks you really cant iamgine what a talent & cool person he is. he speaks through his music & his message is as spiritual & heartfelt as true house music can be. 7.5 out of 10.

you took me there through your review even though i didnt attend. good shit.. =]