Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Passport to Canada??

kfitz73

I'm planning to head up to Montreal in a few weeks for Burridge & Hawtin. The last time I was there was for Diggers last August. At the time all they required at the border was a drivers license. Does anyone know if that's changed since then??

Thanks in advance...

all you need is your ID kev....as long as your a citizen your fine. bring your passport just in case or birth cert. so that they see your legal

....the prob with not taking your passport or birth certificate is that they'll let you out of the US but possibly not back in......always take that shit just in case....

....proper proof of citizenship........license must be photo and accompanied with birth certificate or copy of certificate with raised seal........or take your passport......

That's the thing... My passport expires in January so I sent it in to get renewed. I'm pretty sure I'll be alright, I just want to be 100% certain. Last time they didn't ask for any ID...

I'm planning to head up to Montreal in a few weeks for Burridge & Hawtin. The last time I was there was for Diggers last August. At the time all they required at the border was a drivers license. Does anyone know if that's changed since then??

Thanks in advance...

i dont know when you drive but customs requires it...

That's the thing... My passport expires in January so I sent it in to get renewed. I'm pretty sure I'll be alright, I just want to be 100% certain. Last time they didn't ask for any ID...

...actually the expiration could be an issue, do you have your birth certificate?....

An expired passport is ok.

Shit,

My GF and I got thrown out of canada for that shit last time.

I used to go to canada all the time with just a liscense, but after 9/11 you need a birth certificate or passport.

My GF got in some trouble when she was in the Army, and since we only had drivers liscense's, Canadian Authorities decided to run background checks on us.

Well, any drug offense other than marijuana is an immediate deportation, and we got thrown out of the country.

Funny shit actually.

Now, any time we want to go to Canada, we have to apply for a visa at the embassy and pay a fee, or we will get arrested at the border. :laugh:

hahahahahahahaha

damn that is fucked up. The way around that is to take one of those tour buses. They do not check shit on that, but the downfall is if they do and you get kicked off you have to get your own ride back.

:laugh:

They made it pretty clear that if we tried to return without a visa we would be arrested on the spot.

all you need is your drivers licence...if you have a passport, it never hurts to bring it along.

Thanks in advance...

Detroit to Windsor is the Busiest Border Crossing in the United States.

I used to live in detroit, and go to windsor all the time.

So we pull up in a rented car with connecticut plates, showing new york drivers liscenses, and have no idea where we are going, just hanging out, thinking it was no big deal.

Add that to the fact that it was DEMF that weekend and every guard was asking "are you here for the big rave?"

Luckily, while the dogs were sniffing our car i was able to flush my coke down the toilet, even though i got yelled at by the guard for using the restroom without permission :laugh:

hahahahah damn you are lucky.

Yeah the vermont border crossing is pretty chill, the first time i went i blew a stop sign right in front of the window didn't even see it. The guard asks me where i am from and then says "do you have stop signs there?" I thought i was going to border jail.

Thanks guys... I think I found the answer...

you DO NOT need a passport:

Although a passport is the ideal identification, you do not require a passport or visa to enter Canada. Just make sure you carry identification to establish your citizenship such as a Birth Certificate and least one ID card with photo. If you are a naturalized U.S. citizen, you should carry this certificate. Permanent residents of the U.S.A. must bring their "Green Card".

Although it is rare, immigration officials may prevent the entry of visitors:

who appear to pose a health risk.

those they doubt will be able to support themselves and their dependents in Canada.

whose willingness and means to return to the U.S. is in doubt.

As well, those admissible to Canada must not have a criminal record. This includes any convictions for driving while intoxicated.

If you have questions about your admissibility to enter Canada, contact your nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate for consultation.

Visitors from the U.S. who are not American Citizens

Permanent residents of the United States (anyone with a Green Card) do not need to carry a passport or travel documents to enter Canada.

Temporary residents of the United States (anyone who carries a Temporary Resident Card, Form 1-688, or Employment Authorization Card, 1-688A or 1-688B) must carry a passport and may also require a visa depending on their country of citizenship

Citizens of other countries who wish to enter Canada through the United States must also carry a valid passport and may require a visa, which they should obtain from a Canadian Embassy or Consulate outside Canada. Those in this category should check with an office of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service before they enter Canada.

Visitor Requirements: Travellers from Other Countries

International travellers may require a visa to enter or transit Canada. To see whether you require a visa, visit the Canada site for more information on visa requirements. International travellers who wish to find out about Canadian customs regulations should visit the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency website.

Entry into Canada for Foreign Nationals with Criminal Convictions or Equivalent

As of June 28, 2002, the implementation of the new Immigration and Refugee Protection Act changed the rules affecting the admissibility into Canada of foreign nationals who have criminal convictions in Canada or abroad or who have committed criminal acts outside Canada. These include offences that are considered criminal in Canada, such as driving while under the influence of a substance such as alcohol, even if the offence was not considered a felony or criminal offence in the country where it was committed.

For more information about these very important changes, download this Fact Sheet.

Travellers Bringing Children

Travellers visiting Canada with children should carry the following:

identification for each child similar to identification described for adults.

a letter of permission from the parents of any children accompanying them for whom they do not have legal custody

Please note: Divorced parents with shared custody rights should carry legal documents establishing their status. Unaccompanied children should carry a letter of permission from their parents or a legal guardian.

http://www.travelcanada.ca/tc_redes...cle.do?catId=51