Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Price Tags on DJ's

Trust me try to get your hands on carl cox who visits just enough to make people go insane..

all these dj's have to fly like 20 hours or more to get here so when they do a saturday in NYC they don't play anywhere else all weekend.. US money isn't worth shit 50k is like 30k i n pounds so really they seem to be making alot of US money but they don't live here..

Trust me they make a ton of money.. sometimes clubs have to break even because people talk about the event for a long time.. even with 3000 people they had to charge $35 to get in thats 100k right there you add in 10-20$ drinks and it makes plenty of sense

Trust me try to get your hands on carl cox who visits just enough to make people go insane..

all these dj's have to fly like 20 hours or more to get here so when they do a saturday in NYC they don't play anywhere else all weekend.. US money isn't worth shit 50k is like 30k i n pounds so really they seem to be making alot of US money but they don't live here..

Trust me they make a ton of money.. sometimes clubs have to break even because people talk about the event for a long time.. even with 3000 people they had to charge $35 to get in thats 100k right there you add in 10-20$ drinks and it makes plenty of sense

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Carl Cox, London UK.

heathrow (sp) to JFK - 6 hours

yeah I guess it would be 20 hours if you had 14 layovers. It doesnt even take that long to get to NYC from Australia.

Ive never flown from there4 I am flying someone in from belgium and i takes 12 hours to get here to Nj a 3 hour limo ride to the club a 3 hour limo ride back and then the flight home do it all again..

even if they fly 6 hours they need an hour or so to get to there hotels an hour or so to get to the gig.. they play and then leave before its all said and done without spending much time in the hotel its been a 20 hour trip and then they need to fly somewhere else.. all big talent travels with at least 4-5 peopler who need to get paid out of that money.. there flights normally come out of that money..

you may see a 6 hour flight but it is alot more then that.. and who says they are coming from just england..

Carl Cox when he has no intention of coming to the US, or Carl Cox while he's on a US tour? When he's promoting a new CD? It's not as simple as a dollar amount per show, I assure you, I do this every week. Trust ME, there is a hell of lot more involved in booking big DJs than you think. There is sponsor money. There are artist promotions. Certain agencies have relationships with certain venues. Etc, etc, etc. A blanket statement that DJs make $234848904824982494949444923494923049 per gig is false. Each show is different. And if I told you what I've paid for HUGE DJs, you'd feel embarrassed.

And btw, next time you're at a club, look around, see all those flyers and people passing them out, notice all the bartenders, bouncers and staff, see all those lights, think about heating/cooling, look at how big the space is and try to imagine what the lease rent is, and you might begin to realize clubs have much more expenses than just the DJ to worry about.

Ive never flown from there4 I am flying someone in from belgium and i takes 12 hours to get here to Nj a 3 hour limo ride to the club a 3 hour limo ride back and then the flight home do it all again..

even if they fly 6 hours they need an hour or so to get to there hotels an hour or so to get to the gig.. they play and then leave before its all said and done without spending much time in the hotel its been a 20 hour trip and then they need to fly somewhere else.. all big talent travels with at least 4-5 peopler who need to get paid out of that money.. there flights normally come out of that money..

you may see a 6 hour flight but it is alot more then that.. and who says they are coming from just england..

hahahahaha it is not a 12 hour flight from belgium to nj.

I book talent every week for a club that only hold 1500 people so we can't do the bigger stuff, but i used to do raves so i know what people want.. of course there are the fill dates when you can grab them cheap, but if you want exclusive rights to them which is what you should want, you don't want the club next door to have the talent tommorow, you pay the big dollars

:laugh: @ this thread. By your math, these guys would all be multi-multi-millionaires, which they're not.

one of the UK mags did an article on the dj's that make the most money. in 2002, Oakie, Tiesto, PVD, Sasha, and Fatboy Slim were all pulled in over a million dollars each (this figure includes producing and endorsements as well as dj-ing).

I book talent every week for a club that only hold 1500 people so we can't do the bigger stuff, but i used to do raves so i know what people want.. of course there are the fill dates when you can grab them cheap, but if you want exclusive rights to them which is what you should want, you don't want the club next door to have the talent tommorow, you pay the big dollars

Fair enough, like I said, every show is different, and circumstances can change anything. If you ever feel like paying me $5000+ to play, gimme a call. ;)

one of the UK mags did an article on the dj's that make the most money. in 2002, Oakie, Tiesto, PVD, Sasha, and Fatboy Slim were all pulled in over a million dollars each (this figure includes producing and endorsements as well as dj-ing).

Those guys sure...JP no, that's what I meant.

Good graphic.. A DJ is only worth the crowd he brings

Junior V may pull people but when you bring his people to your club on a regular basis it makes your club look like shit.. You ned a DJ that is banging but will draw a majority of females..

you could put 50 naked girls on stage with no talent and terrible music every week and the place would be packed with guys..

Hey thats a strip club..

but the crowd that the music brings is even more important.. any club that only cares about the money is a hip hop club.. thats easy to pack a place for a year or two then go out of buisiness, because most people don't like when dj's yell at peopleon the mic.. it is good for a couple months then people can care less who has a five dollar bill and can put there hands up.. dance music is a very hard game these days and there are alot of good dj's who can't draw becasue they have not been marketed right.. Scott Henry , Micro (a little notoriety) but not what it should be with how good the kid is..

Dance dj's are a dime a dozen. there are very few who can pack a place a keep a place full playing whatever music they want especially outside of NYc