Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Price Tags on DJ's

so if a Dj does a place like cielo he expects to make less than if they were to spin @ crobar...interesting...what if you wanted someone to do a private party .. i have heard some friends say they would love to hire their fav DJ for their wedding,LOL . What about a situation like that, do DJs feel something like that is beneath them? or would they enjoy watchin someones moms get down to some hot beats

That's actually not true. The bigtime DJs take themselves very seriously and are very particular about every aspect of where they play and how they are taken care of. Its almost comparable to a big time actor/actress they have standards that money won't change (at least while they are on top)

And yes, big DJs make big money. But I can't tell you details. :)

Guest amd

Those top international DJs get $40K to $80K a night usual. Oakenfold got $82K at exit a couple years back, PVD got $39K at factory 3 years ago. Think about the numbers...a place like factory that could pack 5,000 people for an all night/all morning party at $50 a head for PVD is $250K. Of course the guy that is the draw for that crowd is going to want $40 or $50K. Same goes for a smaller scale, people like JP, DT, and Morillo may make 10K on a normal night... but they fill the places, its worth it for the owners to pay it. In the end, we are left with nothing but great memories, the the DJs and owners are left with memories and pockets full of our money... but its all good.

Big dj's in the states like Jonathan are 15k+ smaller well known city dj's make under 5k a show..

now when carl cox comes in the bidding begins and he books to the highest bidder normally over 50k tiesto starts at 50k and up thats why he does concerts you need 20,000 people to help make it make sense $$ wise

Danny Tenaglia I heard does 25k+ for a normal night holidays are 35k+

depends what kind of music they play..

bad boy bill when hes in the us is 15k and up.. but that is a dj who earns his money Donald Glaude is in the same bracket but he earns his $$ too..

some dj's just mix forever when they play big deal so you are really clean and play songs forever.. you are only really good if you play your own music when you spin or all your own exclusive remixes, or just create so much energy in the club thatthe place screams for you all night .. then you are worth what you charge everyone who doesn't play their own shit isn't worth half of what they are paid

Big dj's in the states like Jonathan are 15k+ smaller well known city dj's make under 5k a show..

now when carl cox comes in the bidding begins and he books to the highest bidder normally over 50k tiesto starts at 50k and up thats why he does concerts you need 20,000 people to help make it make sense $$ wise

bad boy bill when hes in the us is 15k and up.. but that is a dj who earns his money Donald Glaude is in the same bracket but he earns his $$ too..

some dj's just mix forever when they play big deal so you are really clean and play songs forever.. you are only really good if you play your own music when you spin or all your own exclusive remixes, or just create so much energy in the club thatthe place screams for you all night .. then you are worth what you charge everyone who doesn't play their own shit isn't worth half of what they are paid

:laugh: @ this thread. By your math, these guys would all be multi-multi-millionaires, which they're not. You're not even close. Trust me. I've booked plenty of parties with big names DJs before, and while I, as a DJ, would love to perpetuate this uber-earnings myth, it's just not the case.

Guest amd

yeah... they make 2 or 3 mil a year. why is that so hard to believe? They are musicians known all over the world... but stupid ass people like all these rappers can make 50 mil a year? Besides which, look at the amount of people that travel with these people, thats a big payroll, so in the end they make a lot, but they also spend alot. And I know for a fact what some of the more famous local people like JP and DT make, cause my close friends have signed them to appear at their clubs.