Clubplanet Nightlife Community

No Morillo Reviews? How Was It?

got there about 1:30 in the afternoon thinking that by time the place would be empty.... how wrong was I, the dancefloor was still packed and going strong and Morillo was doing a pretty hard House/Progressive set at the time I walked in, but by 4ish the place was thinning out and Morillo's sound became a bit more Funky and old school which was fine by me because I needed to rest a bit, but overall this was a great "Morillo" Party as usual , for what it's worth I'm happy to see Morillo getting the respect that he deserves right here in his turf NEW YORK, people all over Europe has been going crazy over him for the past few years, but it has been only lately that people here in NY are beggining to recognize his talents as a true great "house-master" DJ :bowdown:

hey wilcal morillo has been respected very much in NYC since the early 90s. Its only now that the HARD HOUSE/PROGRESSIVE fans are catching on since that is what hes playing more oftern since jp and factory first closed. And in europe they are cheering that sound that you called funky old school deephouse that you needed to rest to. And comparing morillo OLD to NEW are 2 different stories although since he is mixing his old style in at times it pleases both fans. Although his newer style is and has alienated his older fans. While his newer fans sit down for the older styles,SIGH. But like i said i will wait till hes at 46th street to hear him again.

When Morillo lays down the funk thats were I lose it. Subliminal records is known for there funky tracks and so is the head honcho. Even my boy Felipe who is a big Boris and JP fan says Morillo spins real house music. He loves to hear the funky chunky stuff in Morillo's sets. I didn't like going to SF that much and Felipe never liked going to Shelter or any deep house party but we have always agreed on Erick Morillo. I think that crowd could learn from Erick about funk if he doesn't completely sell out. Harder and Faster is not always better. Last time I caught him at Deko in NJ he was rocking the space with solid House tracks.

seriously, the place was packed all day. Morillo was insane. :getdown::bowdown:

werd, nice seein' you cookie. ;)

we were there til about 7pm and there were about 100 people left. his set was really similar to the set he played in the spring at his going away party. didnt mind it one bit, tho. i would love to see him at crobar, but i think disco fits him pretty well. i love being in a small place while he wrecks the room. :D