Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I finally went to Crobar and....

are you talking about yesterday for david morales. SADLY DAVID has decided to CATER to a new crowd, and to me that night was terrible. Crowd wise,music, only highlight was the performance of lea, and im not talking bout the song itself. But i mean shes a good performer and a great live singer.

are you talking about yesterday for david morales. SADLY DAVID has decided to CATER to a new crowd, and to me that night was terrible. Crowd wise,music, only highlight was the performance of lea, and im not talking bout the song itself. But i mean shes a good performer and a great live singer.

I think they should be alittle more selective at the door and not let in so many kids....Morales was cool, but I spent a good portion of the night in the smaller room...

was he actually spinning that crap????

got in around 12 i think... great deep house on until 1 or so which was when he came on i think.. then all of the sudden, he leaves the main stage, i'm wondering whats happening.. music was awful from then on, and since he wasn't on stage, i just assumed there was a problem of sorts and he threw on a cd instead... sucks to hear that he actually was spinning... music was terrible and i bounced way earlier then anticipated, around 230 or so...

same here, well heres wut happened. HECTOR ROMERO opened up for david on last min, since david was running late. Then david gets on stage but like hector told me earlier the sound was not very good for a few reasons and he told david the same thing. So they moved david to the booth they have. So yes that was him spinning until you left pfloyd, i left the same time like you cause i was suprised and dissapointed. Bu i have a friend who said that later on he play a bit different, which makes me wonder what was played later on.

not sure what crobar you went to but here was my saturday night:

got there at 11:30. baby hec romero was playing some hot tracks incl "Here I am" the new mix that morales has played; and U2 'vertigo' dance mix cant complain about that. listen baby hec into morales into junior- thank god for nyc house music & thank god for crobar! say so!!

pretty crowded at crobar last night. must have been 1500 at least by time i left at 5:30.

morales came on maybe 1:. yes after a few songs on stage he went up to the sky box booth. that didnt bother me hes a very distracted dj at best.

i thought his set was good and occasionally better than that.

i liked the house vocals he played.

i didnt really like the ibiza/staten island style hard house generally.

he played sylvester's mighty real that was hot.

my fave somng was just as he was finishing george michaels 'absolutely flawless' . in my opinion michaels 2004 tracks, flawless & 'so amazing' are the best solo songs hes ever done. I love wham! but solo GM never did it for me until the warm nyc/morales style house of flawless & amazing.

by about 4:/4:30 morales was going back & forth from house to some hard house. that 'buzzing' track is kind of strange but it works in an experimental house vein.

my 2nd fave song of the night was deborah cox 'things arent quite the same.'

this is a classic soulful house track & its 1 of best ive heard all year [another great track that junior plays is tamyrya grey 'raindrops will fall.' another vocal house anthem like deborah's]

[PS if lisa & sean are reading this please give me a call you were the coolest people at crobar last night & I want to party with you another time when there are not 1000 people in front of us! ;)]

I didnt really like lia loren. i mean it was ok to have a performance but that song 'how do u feel' is so famous its overplayed. {i think there shld be a newer mix cos the 2 versions [morales & peters] that are around are WAYYYY worn out.

also lia is no vernessa, deb cox or any of the otehr divas that junior gave us}

i guess I wld have liked more deep & melodic & even classic vocal houes from morales but he does play smwhat to the 718 guido/ibiza crowd.

there was a little more guido last night than crobar usually gets, but there were still a few hot girls and some more mature/polite guys that are a welcome relief from the gotti boys-looking B&T guids that destroy avalon & spirit every time.

oh the actor eddie furlong was there he looked bloated & washed up.

* also morales played everything but the girl 'wrong.' that is a hot melodic house jam with some remix work that makes it tortally ny/london funky floor-filling. as i say morales' house vocals were on the money it just seemed he was also pounding some hard-house-experimental beatdowns that may cater to the staten island crowd but it takes away the warmer classic house vibe that morales made his name on & is my preferred sound from him. I noticed that roger sanchez too will whip out some harder stuff in the big nyc rooms, morillo too, i guess I grew up haering these guys play funky house in smaller rooms so to hear the hard house/718 style in a huge room like crobar is not my fave speed for them but i guess the B&T like that. [i heard that DT also played some 718 beatdown stuff on friday at spirit- all I can say is that at the tunnel & in the early days of vinyl DT was a FUNKY DJ. why he has gone over to more teched-out hard house puzzles me... but I know he will bring the funky house back. ]

ANYWAY I danced my butt off to george's flawless at 5:20 so i had to leave before junior came on.

still that was a good 4 hour morales set but not the Best set i heard of his in 2004.

that Best Set accolade goes to his first spirit set [spring] when he played a lot of melodic & classic house [backstabbers for example]

then morales played 2 sets at spirit in summer which were among the worst sets i heard all year. the spirit disgusting crowd did not help. morales has the tendency to 'phone his sets in' at times. the 2 worst ones at spirit it was like he wasnt even on the phone-- he kept running away for potty breaks & your guess is as good as mine].

so morales did pretty well last night & the crowd was decent or better in spots, but still morales can be better & Ive seen better looking crobar crowds non-holiday time but still compared to the garbage dump that spirit avalon & ikon are, well thank god for crobar. its the best club in nyc of 2004 and with upcoming sasha, sanchez, sander etc etc the other clubs in town are going to have to beg santa for some class booking cos crobar has them all sewed up.

if i remember anything else I'll write

rating:7 out of 10.

got there at 12:45 or so..very respectful door staff as usual....was upstairs for until 2/2:30 or so and i'll admit that the music wasn't so amazing....i did enjoy the lea performance though....went down to the main dance floor from like 2:30-4:30 or so and dave deff picked up the pace..he finally had a lot of people moving and i couldnt get off the dance floor..i kept wanting one more song...he played a bit too many songs with vocals but he did get into some good groovy/tribal house for a little :) ...deff recognized some songs but can't remember any track names right now...it doesnt take much for me to enjoy a night--as long as there is house music and some space to dance that's all i need...all in all i had a great time as usual

was he actually spinning that crap????

got in around 12 i think... great deep house on until 1 or so which was when he came on i think.. then all of the sudden, he leaves the main stage, i'm wondering whats happening.. music was awful from then on, and since he wasn't on stage, i just assumed there was a problem of sorts and he threw on a cd instead... sucks to hear that he actually was spinning... music was terrible and i bounced way earlier then anticipated, around 230 or so...

i know what happened after 1am is still beyond me. from 11-1 music was on point...i knew it was all over when hide u came on....fucking a

it was a suprise for me to see hector romero opening up for david as well, it was a very last min thing anyhow. Some of ya should come check out hectors monthly at sullivan room. And jason man i left at 230am wow so good to see juniors party was a success as well, sheesh 4pm.

David Morales had three styles .. latin/soulful .. hard . and ktu .. i had a blast hearing him doing the first two styles ... but not the ktu shit ..

i was a bit confused how can someone plays so hard and soulful . yet also plays ktu/commerical shit ..

he played the hardest music from like 3 till i left around 5.30 .. it was simply great .. i wish he did this the whole night

and we say .. Tedd Peterson .. Hector Romero .. that was interesting .. i thought there was like a DJs conference or something .. hehe

overall i had a good night

peace

the MASK