Clubplanet Nightlife Community

100 top songs from rolling stone

Personaly i think the list is a joke, back street boys in the top ten.. sod off.

Briney spears 25.. shut up.. i think the rolling stone people had one to many 8 ball before compiling this list.

I dont understand how 5 editors of Roling stone can come up with this list, without pay off's or some motive.

1 The Beatles Yesterday

2 The Rolling Stones (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

3 Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit

4 Madonna Like a Virgin

5 Michael Jackson Billie Jean

6 The Beatles I Want To Hold Your Hand

7 Aretha Franklin Respect

8 U2 With or Without You

9 The Jackson 5 I Want You Back

10 The Backstreet Boys I Want It That Way

25 Britney Spears ...Baby One More Time

full list http://www.rollingstone.com/sections/special/pop100/default.asp?afl=msnc#middle

Okay I do agree that the Beatles should OWN the #1 category, but Yesterday? Great song, but not the #1 from them. But it isone of the most listenable songs by them that spans the audience listening level, non fans and true fans alike can enjoy that song.

I do agree with some of those songs though...they are all songs that changed music in some way or another but...

Backstreet Boys? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hit me Spears?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Crack is bad!!!

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

[This message has been edited by schwingep (edited 11-22-2000).]

a pretty average attempt @ what would bne a difficult thing to compile.......I just did a quick scan but are OPP by Naughty by Nature & the eminem track the only rap tracks in the list? cwm24.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif I'm dreaming of a white christmas------------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

i agree homer simpson...i LOVE that song cwm12.gif

------------------

"i remember thinking i'll go on forever knowing i'll see you again....but i know the touch of you is hard to remember, but like that touch i know no other...and for sure we have danced in the risk of each other, would you like to dance around the world with me?"

Biz Markie made the list?! LMAO cwm27.gif

WTF?! No Alice Deejay?

The Humpty Dance by Digital Underground has to be on that list if friggin Hanson is on there.

I'll give them props for having Garbage up there, but way too down the list in my opinion...well the list sucks to begin with.

------------------

get bizzy with the fizzy baby...

my quote is from "back you up" by Dave Matthew's Band...I should give them credit shouldn't I...I'll have to go fix that, thanks! cwm9.gif

------------------

"i remember thinking i'll go on forever knowing i'll see you again....but i know the touch of you is hard to remember, but like that touch i know no other...and for sure we have danced in the risk of each other, would you like to dance around the world with me?"

This is very brilliant......how could a magazine that is so popular and been around so long even think for a second that this ridiculous list would do anything but piss everyone off......if anything, they should break it into genres because then the songs are actually in competition with each other.......how can you compare a Beatles track from the 60s to an Eminem track from the 90s?? Diff recording equipment, different fanbases, etc, etc......What a fucking joke......

Mikey

------------------

Room to dance?....Oh..I will take that..thank you...

Media32975.jpg