Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 12/21/04

weyes

At the veterinary hospital I worked at in Boston, If I left the emergency room for 15 minutes there was wide spread panic... Try drawing blood from a wiggly cat jugular while eating a cesaer salad... Its nice to be in demand but you get hungry and the kitties start lookin yummy... :)

wow - what an interesting, scary, and sad (all at once!) place at which that must have been to work! i watch animal cops (detroit, houston, and miami) on animal planet all the time and they see such terrible cases of abuse and neglect. sometimes it's really sad to see what goes on, but when the animals make a recovery i get all warm and fuzzy inside :) .

you must understand zoo's.... most (and I mean Most but not all) zoos have animals that are unable to survive in the wild.. They keep animsl that were injured or rescued from capitivity and are unable to survive if released in to the wild on thier own.. some of these animals cannot hunt, fly or defend themsleves... some cannot be released due to imprinting with humans.. if they are comfortable with people they will most likely be killed by them if released.. Some of the birds of prey have , for instance bad eye sight, say from an injury, and cannot hunt for prey and will starve to death if released (like owls). Bad eye sight and poor hunting ability is the number one reason animal end up in zoo's and wild life facilities.

But not all the animals you see in the zoos are rehabilitations. It is still controversial..

o, lulubell, i know that zoos are mostly doers of good deeds; i've watched way too much animal planet not to know that :tongue: . i just didn't know how you felt, and, as you said, it's not more beneficial for 100% of the animals there.

I did internships in zoos and wildlife center.. :)