Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cleaning up and your past?

Being a bit of a pack-rat myself I find it hard to throw things out.

Comming across some atricle from your past tends to flood your brain with all the memories of that time or place. Like that song that you havent heard for years and starts fillin your mind with visuals of the person you may have been dating and things youve done.

I say that as long as you have the room for it...keep it.

Originally posted by eltigre01:

Comming across some atricle from your past tends to flood your brain with all the memories of that time or place. Like that song that you havent heard for years and starts fillin your mind with visuals of the person you may have been dating and things youve done.

i couldnt have said it better, i still keep some special things from the past in the corner of my closet

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Originally posted by eltigre01:

yes i agree

i come across things like pictures, or a flyer, or my yearbook, a card... lots of stuff and get extremely nostalgic at times

important to remember the past

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use"

-Soren Kierkegaard

hmr3.gif

all those little things are definetly a piece of your past that you are throwing out. i have a shoebox full of photographs, and granted, they aren't trash, but i always come across them when i am cleaning up my space. i've bought photo-albums to put them all in, but i think i intentionally don't organize them because then they just become another book on the shelf.

it's so weird, because when i look through them, the memories of the picture come to mind, and also, since i haven't spoken to some of the people in years, a million other memories come to mind.

but i love that feeling- dusting off something old. and i don't keep too many things . . . except paper and things on my PC.

hey, thanx for the chance to reminisce . ..

most times though, with things like that, it's going back to places that i've been, and all of a sudden all of these memories come flooding back. i don't know why, but of all places, the west village does that. i'm not sure if it's just because i spent so many hours there for so long, just on the streets, or the people i was with, or me . . ..

Things like this (see below) are things i keep, words . . . thoughts . . .

"let me throw my mind as a stone up in the air while we talk/ and let me defy/the gravity which ties us down to all earthly things/ the moral society gravity/ the "Things I have to do today just to keep my society-status alive"/ gravity/ the "I should get some sleep, I have to get up early tomorrow" gravity/ so let me fly up there for a while/ above the central bubble of our organized chaos/ and unfold the clouds of thought and blinding trut/ but please don't forget/ if you ever see me start to drift away/to remind me to let myself/ fall back down again/to be able to rise once more/for whatever is up there/ is nothing wihout what is down here" g.s.

i know this isn't what you meant, just sharing thoughts, right? smile.gif

-peace, love, and empathy-

sharon

I am definatly a pack rat, sometimes it's hard to let go of even the worst times because you know better days are coming.

You find something and you know what a bad time it was but it makes you reflect on the great times you are having at this very moment and then it really doesn't seem that bad anymore.

I say out with the old and in with the new, you can only go forward in life!!!!

------------------

Hi! How ya doing? where ya been, I had thoughts of you all night long. Can't describe what you did, but you got me so!

Redoing my computer room, and moving about tons of stuff, I came to a thought. We always accumulate too much "Stuff" for the space we live in. My question for you to ponder is....

"When you thow away all the extra stuff you dont have room for, do you throw away bits and pieces of your past as well?"

Or

"Do you retain your past within your head and memories."

What do you all think?

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gifwizard.gif

You should get a copy of George Carlin's piece with regards to Stuff and Other People's Stuff......how your stuff is stuff and other people's stuff is shit....about what happen's to stuff when you get rid of it!!!!!

cwm4.gif

I don't want to be-little your comments because they are valid BUT this will give a funnie spin on the whole topic. Myrlin...you will laugh your ass off!!!!

cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Originally posted by lexxxi:

You should get a copy of George Carlin's piece with regards to Stuff and Other People's Stuff......how your stuff is stuff and other people's stuff is shit....about what happen's to stuff when you get rid of it!!!!!

cwm4.gif

I don't want to be-little your comments because they are valid BUT this will give a funnie spin on the whole topic. Myrlin...you will laugh your ass off!!!!

cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Used to have it memorized... wink.gif Carlin rawks

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gifwizard.gif