Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gyms in Astoria

nycguy420

Does anyone know of some gyms in Astoria. I'm looking for a gym with a lot of free weights, not one of those gyms with mostly machines that cater to womens needs. Boxing classes would be nice too. Could you also provide prices like yearly memberships. I pay about $300 a year at my current gym and would like to stay around that price range if possible. If the gym's are expensive please let me know if you think they are worth the price.

BQE Fitness Complex, Been going there for almost 3 years now. Lots of big guys and an entire 1/2 of the first floor is dedicated solely to free weights (Dumb bells up to 150 lbs) and memberships might be around $200-250 for a year but they have different types (they offer aerobic classes, weight training classes, tanning, boxing, and Raquet ball so they offer special memberships that cater to each of those). If you're interested we can arrange so that I can introduce you to one of the chicks who works there who I signed up w/, let me know ciao.

I suggest Astoria Sports Complex. They have a lot of free weights and they have boxing classes as well.

They're on 38th Street and 35th Avenue right next to Pizzeria Uno....

Gold's across the street is more expensive and no boxing as far as I know. Also, Astoria Sports Complex keeps their weights in better shape than Gold's

Yo - check out Astoria Sports Complex - it is a hardcore place where you wont have to worry how you are dressed or about impressing chicks - you can just work out real serious - the free weight floor only costs $139! And they have the best boxing coach I have ever met, and he only charges $20 bucks a session! I see him three times a week for the past two months, and I can already kick ass! His name is Tsony - call his boss for an appointment at 718-762-2912.