Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gyms in Astoria

nycguy420

Does anyone know of some gyms in Astoria. I'm looking for a gym with a lot of free weights, not one of those gyms with mostly machines that cater to womens needs. Boxing classes would be nice too. Could you also provide prices like yearly memberships. I pay about $300 a year at my current gym and would like to stay around that price range if possible. If the gym's are expensive please let me know if you think they are worth the price.

Does anyone know of some gyms in Astoria. I'm looking for a gym with a lot of free weights, not one of those gyms with mostly machines that cater to womens needs. Boxing classes would be nice too. Could you also provide prices like yearly memberships. I pay about $300 a year at my current gym and would like to stay around that price range if possible. If the gym's are expensive please let me know if you think they are worth the price.

ask atomicapples and djjonstephen...

I heard the Rock is nice too, but madd expensive. I figure, if I 'm gonna spend a lot of dough on a gym I might as well join NYSC. This way I can use the ones in the city and everywhere else. Someone told me the Rock costs almost as much as NYSC. I don't know if it's true or not but from all the things I heard about the Rock I can see the price being pretty close.

did you move there yet? you gonna get together with marcid & smokesum for gyros?

I haven't moved there yet. I'm still looking for a place. Hopefully I'll be there in about a month. Finding a place that will accept dogs is definately making it a lot harder to find a decent apartment.

There is a new place that just open on Northern by Guitar City

and OldNavy super nice lots of free weight $300 for 2 years

IM A MEMBER OF ballys, and i drive to elmhurst in the morning....

why? cuz there is no ballys in astoria..., but i hear the rock is mad nice....

i go to the rock....LOVE IT!

Not only are all the machines brand new, whole place immaculately maintained...but there's eye candy at every turn.

The Rock does cost as much as NYSC, and as much as Pump on 31st st....the only thing there is to consider is exactly WHERE in Astoria you're moving. There's only one Rock location, and that's on 31st near Ditmars. NYSC is pretty much in the heart of Astoria, near B'way and Steinway....and the Pump is around 30th Ave on 31st st.

Anyone know if the BQE is still open? My ex used to work out there all the time.

Anywho, like i said...figure out where you're moving before you worry about the gym. I'd say the price points around here are all pretty much in the same range. Let us know where you join, tho.

:)

Thanks for all the replies. I didn't even think about how the location of my apartment is gonnna affect my choice of gym location. Thats a really good point you brought up for me to think about. I'll definately let you know were I end up joining. Thanks.