Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Unit's Contract Details

vicman

Old Contract

2005 salary-- $16 million, of which $6 million deferred at 2 percent interest, with the money payable in 2010.

New Contract

2005 salary-- $16 million, of which $6 million deferred with no interest

2006 salary-- $16 million, of which $1.5 million deferred with no interest

2007 salary-- $16 million, of which $1.5 million deferred with no interest

Deferred Money

To be paid:

2008-- $3.5 million

2009-- $3.5 million

2010-- $2 million

Award Bonuses

(Remain from old contract, for 2005 only)

Cy Young Award-- $1 million ($150,000 for second, $100,000 for third through fifth)

MVP-- $250,000 ($150,000 for second, $100,000 for third through fifth)

League championship series MVP-- $50,000

World Series MVP-- $100,000

All-Star-- $50,000

Gold Glove-- $50,000

Silver Slugger-- $50,000

No Trade Clause

Right to block all trades remains in force

Perks

(Arizona will remain responsible)

Two courtside tickets for Phoenix Suns games through the 2010-11 season

Six premium tickets for all Diamondbacks games starting with the first season of his retirement through 2010

Personal services contract

(Arizona will remain responsible)

$1 million, beginning in first season of retirement

yahoo

even more when he is 44. i love it.

16M/yr

+ 40% Luxury Tax Yankees have to pay THIS YEAR (it will go up next year?) =

$22.4M/yr

+ $3M/yr Yankees have to pay to get rid of Vazquez =

One Big Unit for $25.4M/yr x 3 years = 76.2 million

And if you include the 40% luxury tax they will be paying on the $3 mill per the Diamondbacks are receiving for Vasquez, you increase the total by $1.2 mill x 3 years, which brings the total value of the deal to $79.8 million.

so you got randy for 26 million a year when it is all said and done.

that my friend is the work of baseball geniuses...and everyone talked about how stupid it was for the mets to give pedro 4 years....at least he'll be on the good side of 40 when his contract runs up...

and by the way...i dont think Rj can win a championship with out good o'l schill by his side....hahaha

Wasn't it just a few months ago that the season ended? Wasn't he pitching like the same RJ that he's always been?

What has changed? Are we to believe that, all of a sudden, this is the year for him to break down? Couldn't Schilling break down just as easily? Aren't they rather close in age? This is so stupid. I'll bring this thread up when RJ wins the Cy Young for 0192388439th time. It's only a two year deal, people. How long did Nolan Ryan pitch?

Also, manjanbbau, don't fucking talk about bad contracts. HELLO KRIS BENSON? RING A BELL, ANYONE? Your fucking Mets inflated the fucking market by overpaying for that fuck. 'WOW A .500 RECORD AND AN ERA HOVERING AROUND 5.00.' LETS GIVE HIM A RECORD DEAL! SPLENDID!

lets not talk about which team has handed out or taken in the worst contracts in baseball because if there is one thing the yankees do win every year its that.

how much is posada making again and who would of offered him that?9 mill

jeter making 21 million at age 36

mooose making 19 mill next year

giambi nuff said

brown making 17

arod making 20 or so (atleast he performs)

shit your paying womack 2 mill a year, who the fuck were you competing with there?

the yankees are where bad contract go to die

lets not talk about which team has handed out or taken in the worst contracts in baseball because if there is one thing the yankees do win every year its that.

giambi nuff said

brown making 17

shit your paying womack 2 mill a year, who the fuck were you competing with there?

I love how you look at everything through rose tinted glasses...

1) You guys offered Moose basically the same contract. He just chose to play for us.

2) We didn't sign A-Rod, Texas did. Never mind the fact that you guys wouldn't fork over an extra 10 mil to get him. Besides Texas is kicking in $70 million to us as part of that deal. You never mention that...

3) Manny's contract isn't exactly stellar. You put him on waivers last year and tried to deal him this year.

4) Jeter's contract may look bad today, but the market was different when he signed. Shit happens... Jeter got the good end of it, and Nomar got the bad... At least we take care of the people who come up through our system and perform for us. Who was the last player to start and end his career in Boston??

giambi nuff said

brown making 17

I would absolutely take Posada over Varitek. I'm pretty sure he's an All Star.

Should I mention Manny? Placed on waiverslast year. Ring a bell? Nobody picked him up. Remember?

Giambi...nuff said? He was fucking awesome his first two years. That money we gave him was justified. Who new he would go off and do roids and fuck himself up like that?

If AROD performs then why are you even bringing him up in your list of bad contracts?

You're giving Clement 9 fucking million per. Competition there?

You gave Wells six million a year? A fatshit with a drinking problem and a bad back. And he's your number 2. btw, we told him to piss off when he called. We already have a #5.

Brown, I agree, horrible.

schilling started and will end his career here.;)

Rose colored my ass, those are the facts. We offered moose close but not the same, manny was a mistake but atleast our mistake got world series mvp while moose has not won 20 games and is 36.

How did I not mention Arod. The yankees are paying about 20 million of his contract which was origanlly 25 a year.

Nobody was going to pay scheff what you gave him, or williams (we offered 56 you guys paid 85), or matsui (even though i would take his contract).

ITs easy to have guys begin and finish with the yanks when the yanks overpay to keep them.

nobody wanted Sheffield who finished 2nd in the MVP voting and played his ass off.

Remember Pettite? There was a fucking outcry when we wouldn't overpay him. Where are all those people who were bitching? Did you see what he did last year?

I do not think wells is getting 6 a year. I thnik it is 2.5 with performance clauses, if he hits them then we pay which is fine with me.

Tek and posada are close enough, both are making about the same.The thing was there were no other catchers available and the dodgers were starting to clear up money and they need a catcher.

Arod was brought up because as much as he performs its not worth 20 a year, even manny isn't worth that but different time back then.

How about Renteria? He wasn't exactly great last year. Unless, of course, the Sox thought they were paying him for '03

Renteria was 16th in OBP for his position, in between Izturis and Crosby.

He was 12th in slugging for his position, in between Furcal and Clayton.

I've been saying it all along -- Renteria was going to be overpaid if he got $10M per year or $8M per year

nobody wanted Sheffield who finished 2nd in the MVP voting and played his ass off.

Remember Pettite? There was a fucking outcry when we wouldn't overpay him. Where are all those people who were bitching? Did you see what he did last year?

I said people were not going to pay what the yanks did for scheff. Nobody knew he would have a great year and come in second, they just knew they were not going to pay him as much

I said before that cashman should be hoisted on shoulders for knowing pettite had elbow problems, but they did offer more money the houston he just went there instead.

well thats like paying someone 17 a year when they hit like 267 last year (beltran)

He was better and younger then ocab and is probably in the top 3 ss in the game, so 10 million a year is a OK to me. Its not like 2 a year million for a 35 year old womack.

well thats like paying someone 17 a year when they hit like 267 last year (beltran)

He was better and younger then ocab and is probably in the top 3 ss in the game, so 10 million a year is a OK to me. Its not like 2 a year million for a 35 year old womack.

I know he's better and younger and may be one of the top 5 ss in the game. but he still got grossly overpaid. even Boston columnists are saying it. haha its kind of funny how if the Sox overpay for someone 'its ok with me' is what you say. But if the Yanks do it, all hell breaks loose. its cool though.

The thing is this: All teams are overpaying. Everyone. The market is inflated. Its like 2000 all over again.

We offered moose close but not the same,

You offered 88, we offer 92. That comes out to about 500K a year. So if Mosse was on the Sox he'd make 18.5 instead of 19. Big deal...

How did I not mention Arod. The yankees are paying about 20 million of his contract which was origanlly 25 a year.

Arod signed for 10 years and 250 mil. He played three in Texas so the Yanks have to pay for 7. Texas kicked in 70 mil so they pay 10mil per year...

williams (we offered 56 you guys paid 85)

Wrong again, you actually offered more for Bernie. He took less to stay with us...

ITs easy to have guys begin and finish with the yanks when the yanks overpay to keep them.

You could've easily paid Clemens and Boggs. One is a first ballot hall of famer and the other might be the best right handed pitcher in 50 years...

If you're gonna play CPA at least play with the right numbers...

its also ok to overpay for a 4 year or less contract mostly if it is a top teir player.

And if the drop off behind that player is so great (tek vs ??) it is ok to overpay.

I am not saying the yanks are the only ones who overpay i just think that because of their money they do, and end up taking other bad contracts.

Like i said we were paying jose awefulman like 7 a year(maybe more)

Another thing about Varitek: Anyone remember Charles Johnson? He's very similar to Jason Varitek. He was asking for 10 mil a year a few years ago, and ended up signing a long term deal with Florida, giving them a hometown discount, averaging 6 million a season. This contract is the same thing, and the same mistake. Loria had to pay the Rockies, all of Johnsons salary in the end, just so he had a 40 man roster to sit on.

How come when the Red Sox overpay for someone, it's good business? When the Yankees do it, they are the evil empire

HELLO KRIS BENSON? RING A BELL, ANYONE? Your fucking Mets inflated the fucking market by overpaying for that fuck. 'WOW A .500 RECORD AND AN ERA HOVERING AROUND 5.00.' LETS GIVE HIM A RECORD DEAL! SPLENDID!

at least kris benson is 10 years younger, has the cartilage in his knee, and he is making half what RJ is making....

inflated the market...yup......all the mets fault :rofl: