Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Unit's Contract Details

vicman

You offered 88, we offer 92. That comes out to about 500K a year. So if Mosse was on the Sox he'd make 18.5 instead of 19. Big deal...

Arod signed for 10 years and 250 mil. He played three in Texas so the Yanks have to pay for 7. Texas kicked in 70 mil so they pay 10mil per year...

Wrong again, you actually offered more for Bernie. He took less to stay with us...

You could've easily paid Clemens and Boggs. One is a first ballot hall of famer and the other might be the best right handed pitcher in 50 years...

If you're gonna play CPA at least play with the right numbers...

do you really think you are only paying arod 10 mill a year? Insane

He was owed 189 plus the option so if the rangers payed 70, that makes 119 plus an option year that comes out to like 19 a yearplus deferment. There is no way you got arod for 10 a year, no way.

I do not recall willaims i ll take your word.

Clemens should thank us for letting him go he was a fat slob here and probably would of had a career ending injury if we kept him here.He left lost 40 pounds and found the weight room. Boggs wore his welcome out, sorry to say.

You can have moose, we just pushed up the contract for you guys(not on purpose but i am glad we did)

Another thing about Varitek: Anyone remember Charles Johnson? He's very similar to Jason Varitek. He was asking for 10 mil a year a few years ago, and ended up signing a long term deal with Florida, giving them a hometown discount, averaging 6 million a season. This contract is the same thing, and the same mistake. Loria had to pay the Rockies, all of Johnsons salary in the end, just so he had a 40 man roster to sit on.

How come when the Red Sox overpay for someone, it's good business? When the Yankees do it, they are the evil empire

because we do not overpay for everyone on our team.what was the length of contract on johnsons?

at least kris benson is 10 years younger, has the cartilage in his knee, and he is making half what RJ is making....

inflated the market...yup......all the mets fault :rofl:

Is your name Tatoo? Do you see stars right now? 'Cuz I swear you're living on fantasy island right now.

Kris Benson was the contract that started all the trouble, inflating the price for every middle-of-the-rotation free-agent right-hander who followed. The Mets never should have traded for Benson in the first place. By re-signing him, they were personally responsible for Eric Milton asking for so much.

Benson is a career under-achiever and even at, 10 years older, no cartilage, right arm chopped off and only able to see out of one eye, RJ is 100X the pitcher Benson is.

See you in the WS. I'm sure you'll be very comfortable with Kris fucking Benson on the mound pitching game 7.

do you really think you are only paying arod 10 mill a year? Insane

He was owed 189 plus the option so if the rangers payed 70, that makes 119 plus an option year that comes out to like 19 a yearplus deferment. There is no way you got arod for 10 a year, no way.

I'm saying that the Rangers kicked in 70mil of the total contract. The contract had 7 years left on it so the Rangers kick in an avg of 10 mil per season.

Don't forget if we didn't make that trade we would have to pay up for Sori anyway so you have to subtract that as well. A good chunk of the money we're paying Arod would've gone to Sori anyway.

Also the money Henson gave up to go play football comes in to play too. That's another 15 mil or so...

So while we're paying a lot of money for Arod, a big percentage it would've been spent anyway.

Kris Benson was the contract that started all the trouble, inflating the price for every middle-of-the-rotation free-agent right-hander who followed. The Mets never should have traded for Benson in the first place. By re-signing him, they were personally responsible for Eric Milton asking for so much.

Clement too...

It makes the Wright contract look good....

Clement too...

It makes the Wright contract look good....

the problem is that these middle guys are the only guy on the market.Next year i think hudson and maybe sheets will be on there so those will get the big bucks.

They way i figure it anything over a 4 year contract is death.

Is your name Tatoo? Do you see stars right now? 'Cuz I swear you're living on fantasy island right now.

Benson is a career under-achiever and even at, 10 years older, no cartilage, right arm chopped off and only able to see out of one eye, RJ is 100X the pitcher Benson is.

See you in the WS. I'm sure you'll be very comfortable with Kris fucking Benson on the mound pitching game 7.

wahwahwah...who the fuck cares..it aint my $. and by the way the mets may be responsible this year for "inflating the prices" but there were other teams with similiar offers for benson.

the yankees are the ones that inflated prices. they always have and always will over pay....so go ahead and blame the mets if it makes you feel better

lets not talk about which team has handed out or taken in the worst contracts in baseball because if there is one thing the yankees do win every year its that.

how much is posada making again and who would of offered him that?9 mill

jeter making 21 million at age 36

mooose making 19 mill next year

giambi nuff said

brown making 17

arod making 20 or so (atleast he performs)

shit your paying womack 2 mill a year, who the fuck were you competing with there?

the yankees are where bad contract go to die

Hey hey now.. no shit talkin bout Moose. :bigfinge:

I can deal with your Red Sox shit talkin self but don't go there..