Clubplanet Nightlife Community

STEVE PORTER (Bedrock, Fade) "Homegrown World Tour" @ FORWARD - Fluid Wed. Feb 2nd

STEVE PORTER’s ‘Homegrown’ Disco Pie

Debut artist album

FDS Recordings

"The Homegrown album is basically a yearbook of grooves and melodies that I mixed together into one 14 track collage. It was about painting with different colors and growth as an artist, as I didn't feel satisfied just producing one-off singles and remixes anymore. DJing has always inspired my production work and I think the album reflects that. I wanted to make a funky, fun, colorful album with a balance of creative freedom and dancefloor tangibility. Having such an album to tour with really shapes the chemistry of your DJing style in such amazing ways too, not only having different shades to work with, but learning from the contrast between your records and others." -STEVE PORTER

steveporter.jpg

The Homegrown album cover artwork is a hilarious, absurd image of a discoball submerged in the center of an apple pie. On his choice of imagery, Steve says "It's my mother's apple pie with a disco ball being baked out of it, if you will, a homegrown disco pie. It wasn't an easy thing for my mom to sacrifice one of her famous pies, but it’s a tribute to my mom and my music she has supported all these years. I have a great mom."