Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review of Pure Tuesday (industry night)

djmasterweb

Overall Rating: B+

Well today started off on the wrong foot. I sent one of their VIP hosts, Richard Chu, an email asking for a table for 8 people, 2 paid bottles, etc. I also told him who I was and I was professional and polite.

I received a rude, impersonal response with no attempt to help.

This was the whole response... "All tables have been booked." No signature, just that unprofessional response.

I then called a few people at Pure and found out that tables WERE available so I have no idea why Richard sent me that email.

Well luckily the rest of the staff was quite the opposite when we arrived. A wonderful service experience followed...

When we got there - the door staff was smiling, talking with people, listening to people. They had 4 staff members handling the guest list when it was busy - that's right ... 4 staff members and then after the list line shortened, it appeared that the club assigned that staff to go around to the tables and ask people if everything was ok. As soon as we were seated, 2 waitresses and a waitress assistant introduced themselves - all so pleasant. Then the SECURITY people individually introduced themselves and said if we needed anything they were there to help. Now THAT is VIP service. The waitresses came back EVERY FIVE MINUTES and poured / refilled our drinks and asked if they could get us something. Plus the waitresses were smart. For example, a lot of people came to our booth because we know a lot of industry people -- and the waitress tried to boost my ego and say wow you sure are popular - "I'm impressed," she added -- veteran waitress move to make the VIP feel special and probably help her tip jar while she's at it. Then a host came up to our booth and COMPED one of the bottles. I didn't even ask for that!!!

When we left, 4 individual staff members said good night to us on the way out - shaking hands with EVERY guy that left and being extremely friendly to the ladies - in a professional way.

As far as the physical club itself. It was beautiful and huge. Others have reviewed the physical aspects of the club already so I want go into details.

The music on the balcony was house -and it was flawlessly mixed and well programmed - total props - I didn't look to see who the dj was.

The music in the red room (not sure what the room is called) was djed by OB-one. When I went in that room he was playing old skewl and classics. OB-one is a great dj -- good call by Pure.

The main room was packed and played music similar to that of Body English. primarily Hip-Hop, Rock and party anthems. I'm not sure who was djing but the mixing was not too good and the programming was acceptable but definitely not anywhere near the quality of hip-hop at Ra or OPM. However the crowd was so happy to be at this new beautiful spot so I don't think anyone minded. And people were just loaded. A better DJ in the main room could have brought the roof down with that prime crowd.

The one thing that I did not like at all was the amount of dumb drunk sausages in the building. I hope the ratios get better even though the ladies that were there provided some amazing scenary.

All in all - the amazing service made the night wonderful. The physical club is just beautiful -- and the outdoor area will be a huge hit when it gets warmer. The house music in the outdoor area is perfect. They just need to tighten up their main room talent.

Very nice review dj,

I'll be coming out the first March Madness weekend (16th to the 20th) with a small group (about 6) and we will definitely be hitting up Pure, most def VIP style.

The insight you gave was very helpful and I look forward to checking out this beautiful club, from what I hear. Sounds like someone has the idea of what complete, true VIP service should be.........

Thanks again for the info,

EB

The music on the balcony was house -and it was flawlessly mixed and well programmed - total props - I didn't look to see who the dj was.

The DJ on the patio on Tuesdays is Faarsheed. He can also be found on the patio at Tangerine on Wednesdays, and in the main room at Ice on Saturdays. He is one of Vegas' best DJs, IMO. For more info., check out www.faarsheed.com.