Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Burning Man

sotuorlando

I had a friend tell me about this Huge festival called The Burning Man in the middle of the Nevada desert that is held every year in August. It’s some type of gathering where about 40,000 people gather, to erect this huge metallic male structure, and express artistic and spiritual freedom. IMHO it seems pretty crazy, from some of the articles and pics I’ve seen, it seems as a big excuse to party, drink, do drugs, get naked, and have sex…..my kind of party :3some: . Have any of you heard of this festival? What have you heard? Maybe we should have a CP meet up at the Burning Man. Check out the website. www.burningman.com and here are some pics from BM 2004. Enjoy. http://www.playa-dust.com/

Shroomy you want to share any interesting stories about the festival.

well.... I don't remember many... but my friends keep brining them up so I'll take their word that they happened.

but if anyone has seen me doing my flag thing (which means Im totally twisted btw) I learned and got the flags from a 6" tall lesbian who was painted silver, wearing nothing but a g-string and thigh high black boots with 6" heels which brought her silver nipples to my chin level (only time I regretted being 6' 2" in my life.... a couple inches shorter would have been perfect :) )

and somehow ended up with silver paint smeared on me for a fair bit of the festival.

which reminds me, bring a shitload of water to wash with, not just drink!!

by the end of the festival you can trade water for shrooms or whatever :)

and there is no selling of anything allowed (and its generally adheared to) but a huge amount of bartering takes place.

btw when they actually burn the burning man, it is a sureal sight.

well.... I don't remember many... but my friends keep brining them up so I'll take their word that they happened.

but if anyone has seen me doing my flag thing (which means Im totally twisted btw) I learned and got the flags from a 6" tall lesbian who was painted silver, wearing nothing but a g-string and thigh high black boots with 6" heels which brought her silver nipples to my chin level (only time I regretted being 6' 2" in my life.... a couple inches shorter would have been perfect :) )

and somehow ended up with silver paint smeared on me for a fair bit of the festival.

which reminds me, bring a shitload of water to wash with, not just drink!!

by the end of the festival you can trade water for shrooms or whatever :)

and there is no selling of anything allowed (and its generally adheared to) but a huge amount of bartering takes place.

btw when they actually burn the burning man, it is a sureal sight.

So I would take it you had a good time!!! Do you recommend one going? How much is it in general to get there, stay, and food, ECT.

So I would take it you had a good time!!! Do you recommend one going? How much is it in general to get there, stay, and food, ECT.

as Frosty said, fly into Reno... you can often get good deals, or vegas which is much further, but usually cheeper.

A moble home would be awesome, but frankly we had camping stuff, and had the time of our lives, we didn't spend much time sleeping or just hanging out there anyways. (often because I had no idea how to find it :) )

my friend has been going every year for the past 3 years now

seems like a bunch of tree hugging hippie crap :smoke:

you gotta be fucked up on somethin'

do you have a problem with that?? :bong:

and it attracts a very diverse crowd, yeah a bunch of california kooks, the Phish/Greatful Dead crowd, nudists, fantasy fest types, contortionists, the pierced and tattooed, etc..

but all in all a great time.

very cool event. its been going on for a few years now. and every year it just gets better.

I guess it matters what perspective you're coming from. I've never been but I had some good friends in Dallas that have been going for many years as a fire-spinning crew and it originally had a much more underground vibe than it does now. Any event being covered by Wild on E! can't be considered underground. I know, I know, underground shmunderground..... but for people who have been going since it's beginning days.... it has changed A LOT, and not necessarily for the better.

I'm not dissing anyone's opinion. I just like to consider multiple points of view and I thought that was just as valid.

Regardless...... I'd love to go. :bounce:

I guess it matters what perspective you're coming from. I've never been but I had some good friends in Dallas that have been going for many years as a fire-spinning crew and it originally had a much more underground vibe than it does now. Any event being covered by Wild on E! can't be considered underground. I know, I know, underground shmunderground..... but for people who have been going since it's beginning days.... it has changed A LOT, and not necessarily for the better.

I'm not dissing anyone's opinion. I just like to consider multiple points of view and I thought that was just as valid.

Regardless...... I'd love to go. :bounce:

well.

Underground is not underground anymore. it's all been commericalized and has gotten wrose since 1999.

So basically takes the underground feel out of the event, but its still a sight and high energy event, just with people that really don't belong there.