Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If you had $30K to spend on the car of your choice...

Orisha

Guest onisakura
Acura TSX

you cant beat the equipment.

I'd agree.

Tina, do you want a sedan/sports car/performance? There are a lot of options now in that price range.

I'd agree.

Tina, do you want a sedan/sports car/performance? There are a lot of options now in that price range.

true. mmmm, well I'm open to suggestion. I want it all! :bounce:

um, sedan or sports, but I 'm leaning towards a sports car, but I'm not ruling out sedan. Chances are I may live in a colder place, so a sports car may not be so practical--snow & performance cars don't mix, right?? I'm Floridian, and have no knowledge of snow and their effect on automobiles.

Performance? um,0 -60 in less thn 10 seconds, hugs every curve and is an absolute joy to drive. :)

no convertables (compromises sound, unless it's a hardtop)

I like options :biggrin: those Mini Coopers are cute, but I'm not sure it will satisfy my need for speed.

I'm also curious to see what you auto junkies would pick for yourselves. Main question being new w/ less options, etc, OR newer, w/ better models & more options...? um I'm looking for a 99 - 05

true. mmmm, well I'm open to suggestion. I want it all! :bounce:

um, sedan or sports, but I 'm leaning towards a sports car, but I'm not ruling out sedan. Chances are I may live in a colder place, so a sports car may not be so practical--snow & performance cars don't mix, right?? I'm Floridian, and have no knowledge of snow and their effect on automobiles.

Performance? um,0 -60 in less thn 10 seconds, hugs every curve and is an absolute joy to drive. :)

no convertables (compromises sound, unless it's a hardtop)

I like options :biggrin: those Mini Coopers are cute, but I'm not sure it will satisfy my need for speed.

I'm also curious to see what you auto junkies would pick for yourselves. Main question being new w/ less options, etc, OR newer, w/ better models & more options...? um I'm looking for a 99 - 05

Hmmmm, from what you've described I think you would be well suited to either a Mitsu Lancer Evo or a Subaru WRX STi.

Both are 4 door, sedan-type bodies, sporty, very fast (both are turbo, 0-60 in under 5 seconds, and right around 300 hp), AWD so they are good in all weather. And both are right there at the $30K mark, and yes they both high very high marks for being quite fun to drive as you can imagine.

Lancer Evo

lancerevolution_main.jpg

Subaru WRX STi

open_420x286.jpg

I was actually going to get the WRX myself but decided to be more practical and get a Grand Cherokee instead, will use the bike for my NFS.

Hmmmm, from what you've described I think you would be well suited to either a Mitsu Lancer Evo or a Subaru WRX STi.

Both are 4 door, sedan-type bodies, sporty, very fast (both are turbo, 0-60 in under 5 seconds, and right around 300 hp), AWD so they are good in all weather. And both are right there at the $30K mark, and yes they both high very high marks for being quite fun to drive as you can imagine.

Lancer Evo

lancerevolution_main.jpg

Subaru WRX STi

open_420x286.jpg

good choices.

if you do want something more practical, try the Subaru Forester XT Turbo or the Subaru GT Limited

If we're talking used cars I'd look for a nice used S4. Although the Z71 Tahoe edition is sexy I just don't want to feel like a soccer mom.

Then again if I had $30k I'd buy a nice CBR 600RR and spend the rest on my friends GTI 337.

Oh and OU812 i agree with your sentiment for the SRT-4. I've driven one and I must admit I do respect the power for what it is, but not only is it a neon, it's a dodge. I'm dealing (not owning, dealing) with a '96 Avenger and believe me once all the fasteners on that interior start to go every turn and stop is a new creak, crack, or shift. I also had a '94 Neon and I decided to get rid of it. Nice to know the paint's falling off the top of the car.

Guest onisakura

I really like the Scion TC. You can get one with leather, all the trimmings and still have money left over for mods. Matter of fact, you can order it with all the mods straight from the factory.

Or the Mini Cooper S like pigdiddy mentioned. Those can actually move.

Acura TSX

Acura RSX

Acura TL (Used)

Honda Accord EX V6

Volkswagon Passat

Nissan Altima SER

Nissan Maxima (Not sure if you can get a new one under 30k)

Mazda 6

Nissan 350Z (Don't those start around 27 or 28k??)

Infinity G35 Coupe (used)

Infinity G35 Sedan (used)

thank you :) but, um, I'm just looking for a foreign car...

Just to be very different - I'd go for the Saab 9-2x, essentially the WRX but with a much nicer interior, and almost guaranteed to not see another on the road right now.

Or the Mini Cooper S like pigdiddy mentioned. Those can actually move.

That's one on my list :) I really dig the options..you can really customize them...

What I'd really like, saw it on Pimp My Ride (lol), is a little sign that says "chill", comes out like a stop sign on a school bus :biggrin: People need to chill when they drive!

I'm considering mostly german cars it seems, but I love japanese cars too..

get new because i dont want to put money into repairs but maybe i would get a used car if it was the right one for the right cost.

yup! Like I could actually buy a jaguar that's a few years old, but repairs on them are $$$. I did hear the newer models break down less. I've always wanted one. I know, not the best choice but...

this choice can't be more than, say, 4 years old.

and then there that new car smell experience to consider...

Guest onisakura
That's one on my list :) I really dig the options..you can really customize them...

What I'd really like, saw it on Pimp My Ride (lol), is a little sign that says "chill", comes out like a stop sign on a school bus :biggrin: People need to chill when they drive!

I'm considering mostly german cars it seems, but I love japanese cars too..

yup! Like I could actually buy a jaguar that's a few years old, but repairs on them are $$$. I did hear the newer models break down less. I've always wanted one. I know, not the best choice but...

this choice can't be more than, say, 4 years old.

and then there that new car smell experience to consider...

Thats cause Jag is now made by ford.

yup. and mercedes is owned by chrylser, right?

thanks kids, I took notes :) When I finally figure it out, Jackie gets shotgun!! (s**t, woman, u love cars more than me, you can drive it, cuz I know how much you can appreciate being behind the wheel)

thanks kids, I took notes :) When I finally figure it out, Jackie gets shotgun!! (s**t, woman, u love cars more than me, you can drive it, cuz I know how much you can appreciate being behind the wheel)