Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If you had $30K to spend on the car of your choice...

Orisha

Guest onisakura
yup. and mercedes is owned by chrylser, right?

thanks kids, I took notes :) When I finally figure it out, Jackie gets shotgun!! (s**t, woman, u love cars more than me, you can drive it, cuz I know how much you can appreciate being behind the wheel)

Awwwww damn woman thats sweet! :kiss2:

On the subject of the DaimlerChryslers, maybe look into the Crossfire. I dont think they are terribly expensive and they are built with 75% Mercedes parts, on the SLK platform. I saw one today and it sounded NICE. I think it had some kind of aftermarket exhaust and boy was it nice looking. Im a sucker for two seaters though, im on my second one now.

Well, not exactly. In 1998, German-based Daimler-Benz, which owns Mercedes-Benz, merged with Chrysler to form DaimlerChrysler.

the Germans kicked out several higher ups at chrysler and installed their own guys. also, in terms of the merger agreement, Mercedes's stockholders own 56% of the combined company.

Guest onisakura
volkswagen R32......enuff said

The R32 is pretty fast but VW's quality has been SHIT these past few years. I'd pass on it.

yup. and mercedes is owned by chrylser, right?

)

People get this wrong all of the time. Chrysler was bought by Dailmer Benz or Mercedes Benz that is why the company is now Dalimer Chrysler.

Chrysler could never have bought a company like Mercedes Benz. It is actually an insult to Mercedes to say "Mercedes is owned by Chrlysler."

for the money i would get a slighty used 350z i race them all the time and they keep up with no problem. as for a lancer or any of those style cars they are corny unless u are 16 they might be fast but they look like a joke i for one would feel stupid pulling up in something that looks like my grandmothers car painted yellow with a spoiler on the back

• 2 weeks later...

1973 DeTomaso Pantera GTS, European Version, that's what I spent my 30K on.

Probably the best bang for your buck you can get for 30K, both in looks and performance.

A classic wedge body styled by Tom Tjarda, Mid engined like a sports car should be, four wheel independent suspension, unequal double wish bone A-arms, 4 wheel Wilwood Nascar brakes, 351 cubic inch Cleveland V8, fuel injected (mine develops 330 rwhp), mated to the 5-speed German ZF transmission (this is the same combination, Ford engine/ZF Tranny, that won LeMans four times in a row in the original GT40 until they changed the rules to exclude that car) The car came with nitrous but I am having that removed.

I have 17" inch rims (the factory size was 15"), with tires sized 215-40-17 (fronts) and 315-35-17 (rears). I'll be changing the fronts to a 245-40-17 this spring for a greater contact patch and better braking.

Not a copy-cat kind of car, you don't see them on the road that often

1973 DeTomaso Pantera GTS, European Version, that's what I spent my 30K on.

Probably the best bang for your buck you can get for 30K, both in looks and performance.

A classic wedge body styled by Tom Tjarda, Mid engined like a sports car should be, four wheel independent suspension, unequal double wish bone A-arms, 4 wheel Wilwood Nascar brakes, 351 cubic inch Cleveland V8, fuel injected (mine develops 330 rwhp), mated to the 5-speed German ZF transmission (this is the same combination, Ford engine/ZF Tranny, that won LeMans four times in a row in the original GT40 until they changed the rules to exclude that car) The car came with nitrous but I am having that removed.

I have 17" inch rims (the factory size was 15"), with tires sized 215-40-17 (fronts) and 315-35-17 (rears). I'll be changing the fronts to a 245-40-17 this spring for a greater contact patch and better braking.

Not a copy-cat kind of car, you don't see them on the road that often

How's that puppy run in the snow???

How's that puppy run in the snow???

About as good as that bike in your sig, though from November to April the car is off the road and being worked on to get it ready for the driving season.

Right now the list of stuff to be finished by middle or end of April includes: 1) New rear tires 2) New rear brake rotors and pads 3) billet steel rear axles 4)New rear bearings 5) A stainless steel pressure bottle for the colling system 6) An aftermarket electrical relay kit to off load some stuff from the ignition switch 7) New driving lights 8) New fan relays

I want to take the car to 2 Pocono Raceway events that Jersey Panteras participates in: 1)CSD, Celebration of Speed and Design 2) La bella Italia Macchina If the car is ready it will be the first time it has been to Pocono in 15 years. Should be a lot of fun.