Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sponge Bob = Supreme Homo according to

iamme

useless conservatives....

US right attacks SpongeBob video

US conservative groups are up in arms over a music video featuring children's TV heroes such as the cheerful cartoon character SpongeBob SquarePants.

Focus on the Family and other groups say the video - a remake of the Sister Sledge hit, We Are Family - is a vehicle for pro-gay propaganda.

The video's makers plan to mail it to US schools in the spring to promote tolerance and diversity.

They say the attack is based on a misunderstanding.

The video also features children's favourites like Bob the Builder, along with characters from Sesame Street and The Muppet Show.

"We see the video as an insidious means by which the organisation is manipulating and potentially brainwashing kids "

Paul Batura

Focus on the Family

But James Dobson, founder of right-wing Christian group Focus on the Family, singled out SpongeBob at a black-tie dinner in Washington in the run-up to President Bush's inauguration, the New York Times said.

SpongeBob - who appears on the children's cable channel Nickelodeon - is seen as an icon for adult gay men in the US ( :laugh: :laugh: ), apparently because he regularly holds hands with his sidekick Patrick ( :love: ).

His creators deny that he is gay, but he is not the first such character to cause controversy.

In 1999 conservatives claimed handbag-carrying Teletubby Tinky Winky, an import from the UK, was a bad role-model.

'Easy lesson'

Nile Rodgers, who wrote the song and is founder of the We Are Family Foundation (WAFF) which released the new video, says it is intended to help teach children the values of co-operation and unity.

"We believe that this is the essential first step to loving thy neighbour," he said. "And the fun and exciting format makes it a lesson that's easy for children to learn."

But conservatives say it sees the video as a cunning attempt to promote homosexuality.

They point to the fact that the WAFF is linked to a pledge being promoted by some liberal groups which includes a recognition of tolerance of sexual identity.

"We see the video as an insidious means by which the organisation is manipulating and potentially brainwashing kids," Paul Batura, a spokesman for Focus on the Family, told the New York Times.

Mr Rodgers said the groups may have confused his foundation with an unrelated organisation with a similar name that supports gay youth.

WAFF spokesman Mark Barondeso told the newspaper that anyone who thought the video promoted homosexuality "needs to visit their doctor and get their medication increased".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

:ghey:

didnt they say the same shit with tink from tubby babies or something like that... how come nobody goes after "burt and ernie" the biggest queers since elton john.. and these guy are open more than a hookers legs.. they live together, bath together etc... its crazy man crazy... whats even crazier man is goofy is a dog, and pluto is a dog yet nobody is fuckin surprised that goofy walks on two feet and talks human... wtf~!

More gay puppets and cartoon

SAN FRANCISCO – In what is being described as the first gay marriage of "assorted puppet and animation figures," Disney and Muppet characters wed at a service under the City Hall rotunda. The ceremony comes at a critical moment: after the announcement that the two companies will likely form a corporate merger.

Three couples were married during the civil ceremony, at which other prominent figures from both sides of the aisle – Kermit the Frog, Pinnochio, Miss Piggy and Snow White – attended to show their support.

"Oscar's finally coming out of the can! It's a huge relief for all of us."

— Big Bird

wait a minute i didnt read the article but i saw gonzos pic... hes a gay~!? he was one of my faves growing up... wtf..

First, Goofy and Gonzo were hitched, after which Goofy was at a typical loss for words, "Gawrsh! Well whaddyaknow!?" One fellow muppet who declined to give his name commented that, "I'm not surprised. Gonzo always had a… flashy sense of style. And you gotta wonder why things never worked out between him and Miss Piggy."

ahahahha

First, Goofy and Gonzo were hitched, after which Goofy was at a typical loss for words, "Gawrsh! Well whaddyaknow!?" One fellow muppet who declined to give his name commented that, "I'm not surprised. Gonzo always had a… flashy sense of style. And you gotta wonder why things never worked out between him and Miss Piggy."

ahahahha

fuckin'a... man i always pick the queers... brando, dean, gonzo, next theyll tell me david blaine is a closet fag and for his next trick hell be coming out... wtf...

fuckin'a... man i always pick the queers... brando, dean, gonzo, next theyll tell me david blaine is a closet fag and for his next trick hell be coming out... wtf...

llusionist David Blaine Emerges from His Stinking Box

blaine_box.jpg

"Hey, look at THESE!!!"

LONDON — Illusionist David Blaine has ended his latest stunt by emerging from a plexi-glass box that was suspended high over London's River Thames for 44 days. Thousands of cheering onlookers watched as Blaine, tears welling in his eyes, climbed out of the chamber, saying, "I'm Gay!!"

Blaine spoke briefly before being hospitalized for rest and tests. "This has been one of the most important experiences of my life," he said. "I've learned to appreciate so much - the smile from a stranger, the sunrise and sunset, the freakin' a**holes that taunted me every freakin' hour of every freakin' day. I love you all so freaking much!"

The stunt captivated Londoners for weeks, with huge crowds gathering at Tower Bridge daily to view the 30-year-old American. Fans demonstrated their support with a relentless barrage of tossed eggs and golf balls, an 'everlasting barbeque' beneath the box, an attempt to sabotage his water supply and an endless stream of taunts and drum banging to keep him from sleeping.

"I've learned more in that little box than I've learned in years," said Blaine. "How important it is to have a sense of humor and laugh at everything, even if it's some guy poking his hairy ass at you while a babe is flashing her huge melons and screaming, 'Want some, bubble boy? They taste GOOD!' Yeah, it's a freakin' hysterical world."

Blaine will remain hospitalized for treatment of an irregular heartbeat, but says he's already thinking about his next stunt.

"It's gonna be called 'Jack the Ripper-II'. Three months of terror as I slit the freakin' throat of every a**hole in London."

A follow-up to his "Fearless" 2002 DVD, called "Moron," is scheduled for release in December.

Mark Fisher