Clubplanet Nightlife Community

just got back - LONDON CLUB REVIEW!!!

Well, just got back from London, and definitely enjoyed the pubs and clubs that the great city had to offer. If you haven't been clubbing in the UK, its about time you book your flight...this trip exceeded all of my expectations.

Friday - Turnmills. Get there 10:30, queue isn't too bad...all of a sudden this BMW police car screeches up to the curb and starts questioning/frisking these guys about drugs while the whole line watches...my two friends and I get up to the door, and we go through an "interview" process which was kinda amusing...went something like this:

Doorman (with chiclet teeth): Cheers mates...

Us: Cheers.

Doorman: Where you guys from?

Us: The States.

Doorman: What are you doing here?

Us: clubbing...

Doorman: What other clubs do you know?

Us: Pacha, The End, Fabric...

Doorman: Alright mates. (points to flyer on wall) These are the dj's spinning tonight, have a nice night...

ANYWAY - the club! INSANE! Many, many rooms. Main room is like a long, thin version of Arc - best lasers/light show I've seen in a long time...and they are not afraid to use the smoke machine! DJ's in the main room were M.I.K.E. (Push) and Remy...it was a VERY Armin-like set...we heard so many anthems...The second room was playing funky, jazzy house, and had a real laid-back feel. I think about 90% of the people at the club were on e...made for a VERY friendly crowd. Left around 6 AM.

Saturday - Fabric. Well, as cool as Turnmills was...Fabric was just cooler on a whole different level. First off, we had to go about 100-200 feet UNDERGROUND to actually get into the club. The main room had a really diverse mix of electro, techno, house, and progressive...the opening dj's - The Clones (Mazi & Tripwire) were great and Hipp-E really tore shit up after 2 AM...beginning of the night I get harassed by this cracked out girl who was looking for some booty grinding action...she almost burned the shit out of me with her flailing arms...anyway - the second room - I was lovin this...we were in there before it started getting packed, and the dj was playin some hot shit. Morillo-style house...some bangin hot Brit girls are dancin/flirtin with us...i run out to go to the bathroom, then a second later turn around for some reason...walk back in - I hear the opening riff of FLYLIFE...thats when I just plain lost it...and the third room of Fabric - all brick walls, like an old vault....totally chill, funky house and garage...mixture of classics with divas and horns...and the room was laid out stadium-style - you could go up to the 3rd level of the room and just melt away on a couch...I can honestly say that this club has the best sound system of any club I've been to (Arc was probably 2nd) - it was crystal clear, not ear-splitting, but downright bone-rattling when that bass was juiced up. Slam was spinning the second room after 2 am, but it was a little too packed so we listened from an outer edge...from the sound of it though, it was the hardest fastest UK hard house...I think I would've had a heart attack if I stayed in there for longer than an hour...Left Fabric around 6...

Biggest difference about the clubs is the clientele - there were no cracked-out Asians doing the head-shake, no skulking juiceheads, and basically NO attitude - people were just there to party and go nuts. Jumping around, whistling, booty-shaking...we didn't see any drama the entire weekend, which is just amazing. I also liked how each room at every club had a list of who was spinning each room and set times - when you have 3 legit rooms and 3 or 4 dj's per room, you def wanna know who's spinning so you can prioritize - everyplace should do this! And also each club had plenty of sit-down, chillout areas...this has become a rarity here recently due to club owners greed for VIP...in London its not a luxury just an expected part of the club...

The last night we went to AKA, a dj bar connected to The End...people weren't as friendly as Turnmills and Fabric, but still a good night...

Well I hope you enjoyed my little club review, but it really doesn't even do them justice (yeah yeah I know its not Ibiza...but for a winter club paradise, its #1 in my book). My friend brought in his digital camera to Turnmills and took a shitload of pics and videos - check em out:

http://www.foreverclubbing.com

The first pics are from his night seeing Seb Fontaine @ Pacha, the later pics are from Turnmills...

and you didnt get laid.... :hat:

and what do u mean no Asians there...dude, last time I went, the place was packed with indians and other asians...

Well, just got back from London, and definitely enjoyed the pubs and clubs that the great city had to offer. If you haven't been clubbing in the UK, its about time you book your flight...this trip exceeded all of my expectations.

Friday - Turnmills. Get there 10:30, queue isn't too bad...all of a sudden this BMW police car screeches up to the curb and starts questioning/frisking these guys about drugs while the whole line watches...my two friends and I get up to the door, and we go through an "interview" process which was kinda amusing...went something like this:

Doorman (with chiclet teeth): Cheers mates...

Doorman: Where you guys from?

Us: The States.

Doorman: What are you doing here?

Us: clubbing...

Doorman: What other clubs do you know?

Us: Pacha, The End, Fabric...

Doorman: Alright mates. (points to flyer on wall) These are the dj's spinning tonight, have a nice night...

ANYWAY - the club! INSANE! Many, many rooms. Main room is like a long, thin version of Arc - best lasers/light show I've seen in a long time...and they are not afraid to use the smoke machine! DJ's in the main room were M.I.K.E. (Push) and Remy...it was a VERY Armin-like set...we heard so many anthems...The second room was playing funky, jazzy house, and had a real laid-back feel. I think about 90% of the people at the club were on e...made for a VERY friendly crowd. Left around 6 AM.

Saturday - Fabric. Well, as cool as Turnmills was...Fabric was just cooler on a whole different level. First off, we had to go about 100-200 feet UNDERGROUND to actually get into the club. The main room had a really diverse mix of electro, techno, house, and progressive...the opening dj's - The Clones (Mazi & Tripwire) were great and Hipp-E really tore shit up after 2 AM...beginning of the night I get harassed by this cracked out girl who was looking for some booty grinding action...she almost burned the shit out of me with her flailing arms...anyway - the second room - I was lovin this...we were in there before it started getting packed, and the dj was playin some hot shit. Morillo-style house...some bangin hot Brit girls are dancin/flirtin with us...i run out to go to the bathroom, then a second later turn around for some reason...walk back in - I hear the opening riff of FLYLIFE...thats when I just plain lost it...and the third room of Fabric - all brick walls, like an old vault....totally chill, funky house and garage...mixture of classics with divas and horns...and the room was laid out stadium-style - you could go up to the 3rd level of the room and just melt away on a couch...I can honestly say that this club has the best sound system of any club I've been to (Arc was probably 2nd) - it was crystal clear, not ear-splitting, but downright bone-rattling when that bass was juiced up. Slam was spinning the second room after 2 am, but it was a little too packed so we listened from an outer edge...from the sound of it though, it was the hardest fastest UK hard house...I think I would've had a heart attack if I stayed in there for longer than an hour...Left Fabric around 6...

Biggest difference about the clubs is the clientele - there were no cracked-out Asians doing the head-shake, no skulking juiceheads, and basically NO attitude - people were just there to party and go nuts. Jumping around, whistling, booty-shaking...we didn't see any drama the entire weekend, which is just amazing. I also liked how each room at every club had a list of who was spinning each room and set times - when you have 3 legit rooms and 3 or 4 dj's per room, you def wanna know who's spinning so you can prioritize - everyplace should do this! And also each club had plenty of sit-down, chillout areas...this has become a rarity here recently due to club owners greed for VIP...in London its not a luxury just an expected part of the club...

The last night we went to AKA, a dj bar connected to The End...people weren't as friendly as Turnmills and Fabric, but still a good night...

Well I hope you enjoyed my little club review, but it really doesn't even do them justice (yeah yeah I know its not Ibiza...but for a winter club paradise, its #1 in my book). My friend brought in his digital camera to Turnmills and took a shitload of pics and videos - check em out:

http://www.foreverclubbing.com

The first pics are from his night seeing Seb Fontaine @ Pacha, the later pics are from Turnmills...

You just describe how clubbing should really be. No drama, no fuss just awesome fucking music and a great crowd.

Great pics, I have to get my ass over the Europe. What's the name of the song playing with the pics? :pint:

Exactly. The dancing was definitely not like I've seen in NY, but the vibe made up for it.

The song is Perry O'Neill - Waveforce, its off Armin's Universal Religion. This was our London anthem, after hearing it at Turnmills twice...