Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Osunlade@ Gryphon

Bling

UnBEf$%%^lievable

super nice venue. very different looking. hard rock looks like downtown disney outside. lots of stuff to do

aquabooty vibe second to none.

no one could track id osunlade it was that sickkkkkkkkkkk

real african tribal/latin(almost salsa) people dancing salsa on small dance floor. little bit of soulfulness

just nasty. best tribal ive heard in months.

great to see. david, phillipio, nicole and her friend emily, alan and gina, miguel and sami (nerve door gal) u rock........

great times i just woke up and slept 10 hrs

oh yeah THE PARKINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG SUCKS AT HARD ROCK WHAT A FRIGGIN MESS I FELT LIKE I WAS IN DISNEY WORLD UGHHHHHHHHHH

pics to come soon. must do my chesterfield review first ;)

Last night was a testament to the no-pain-no-gain concept. After dealing with the insane traffic entering the mega-adultainment-plex, I was almost at wits end when I walked up to the mob of people trying to get in the club. Then I almost lost it when I didn't feel like I was going to get any love from Aquabooty's door man Jaime. But after my calm inner-self took over and Jaime finally showed me some love.... the rest of the night was a pure joyride.

Djinji was in his signature form when I walked in... dropping broken beat madness on the crowd and then throwing Salsa in the mix to stir up the ladies. I love Djinji's energy (Donald Glaude on speed). While some might find it outlandish, I find it inspiring. And I think the crowd was feelin it too.

Osunlade took over around 2:00 and brought the crowd under his total control. For the first hour and a half of his set he swung in and out of beautiful, airy tunes and his signature tribal beats. There were a few times when he brought the energy up to a simmer, and when you thought it was about to boil over, he brought it back down to a simmer. TOTAL CONTROL!! Then after about an hour and half of teasing the crowd, it was time. He brought the level up to a boil and then turned it up even higher... subtly working techy deep house into his heavy tribal eruptions. He kept it boiling for about an hour before he brought it back down to lighter house fare that just kept the masses dancing while they reflected on the wild ride they just experienced.

In summary, Osunalde played a flawless set that featured a truly unique combination of styles I've never heard in a club before. He's a true master.

After Osunlade, 2 of the DHM guys took over and dropped the deepness, making me wish I had saved some energy. But I was spent, so I just laid back and watched the crowd get down.

The bottom line... Aquabooty always delivers exceptional quality nightlife experiences. You just can't go wrong with Aquabooty. And they're only going to get better when they take over the terrace at Nocturnal.

:bowdown:

Last night was a testament to the no-pain-no-gain concept. After dealing with the insane traffic entering the mega-adultainment-plex, I was almost at wits end when I walked up to the mob of people trying to get in the club. Then I almost lost it when I didn't feel like I was going to get any love from Aquabooty's door man Jaime. But after my calm inner-self took over and Jaime finally showed me some love.... the rest of the night was a pure joyride.

Djinji was in his signature form when I walked in... dropping broken beat madness on the crowd and then throwing Salsa in the mix to stir up the ladies. I love Djinji's energy (Donald Glaude on speed). While some might find it outlandish, I find it inspiring. And I think the crowd was feelin it too.

Osunlade took over around 2:00 and brought the crowd under his total control. For the first hour and a half of his set he swung in and out of beautiful, airy tunes and his signature tribal beats. There were a few times when he brought the energy up to a simmer, and when you thought it was about to boil over, he brought it back down to a simmer. TOTAL CONTROL!! Then after about an hour and half of teasing the crowd, it was time. He brought the level up to a boil and then turned it up even higher... subtly working techy deep house into his heavy tribal eruptions. He kept it boiling for about an hour before he brought it back down to lighter house fare that just kept the masses dancing while they reflected on the wild ride they just experienced.

In summary, Osunalde played a flawless set that featured a truly unique combination of styles I've never heard in a club before. He's a true master.

After Osunlade, 2 of the DHM guys took over and dropped the deepness, making me wish I had saved some energy. But I was spent, so I just laid back and watched the crowd get down.

The bottom line... Aquabooty always delivers exceptional quality nightlife experiences. You just can't go wrong with Aquabooty. And they're only going to get better when they take over the terrace at Nocturnal.

:bowdown:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Osunalde was RELENTLESS. And Djinjy did it like he does best, with amazing energy. I think this guy is turning into one of my new favs We a had great f'ing time! Thanks Joe, Tomas, and the Aquabooty crew for another amazing night.

I actually liked Djinji the best. He has so much energy when he spins and I love how he dances like a madman behind the tables! :getdown:

I was a bit confused to see Omar first since it was supposed to be Stephen.

I won't steal bling's glory by doing a review... :isok:

I just would like to personally blame nden1078 for my state of inebriation. If she had stuck with Grey Goose, celebratory affairs would not have succumbed to such clownishness. :D

I actually liked Djinji the best. He has so much energy when he spins and I love how he dances like a madman behind the tables! :getdown:

I was a bit confused to see Omar first since it was supposed to be Stephen.

I won't steal bling's glory by doing a review... :isok:

I just would like to personally blame nden1078 for my state of inebriation. If she had stuck with Grey Goose, celebratory affairs would not have succumbed to such clownishness. :D

:beer: Ummm.. it was Grey Goose.. SILLY..

As for the party.. Music was SIIIICK! I couldn't sit still.. Keep 'em coming Aquabooty!!

I really liked Gryphon except for one thing: dancefloor was not large enough. I think Joe and Tomas need to make these venue owners understand that Aquabooty parties have a big following and the vibe is such that the club needs all the dancefloor it can afford. A similar problem occured at State when Miguel Migs spun. Hopefully the floor will be larger for Jay-J (hint, hint) ;)