Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roger Sanchez last night....

danswat79

was Amazing!! Not too much of a crowd when I arrived at 2:30 but I would say he played the best set I've ever heard out here in Vegas. This guy put on such a great show and may be the best house DJ in the world as far as I'm concerned. I've seen him live before in Miami and he never disapoints - but after downloading some of his recent sets from Ibiza I thought it would be fairly mellow. Boy was I wrong. He banged it out the whole night w/ tons of vocals and drumz! He looked like he was having a great time in that booth - hopping around - getting really excited about the shit he was playing - talking to some of us around the booth. He was working tracks like crazy - throwing in accapellas from older stuff over new beats - layering 2 or 3 somgs over one another - using the EFX and knobs to pound very unique sounds out of that system. What I wouldn't do get a copy of the CD book he was playing from or at least get a few track ID's. The "S" man really came through out here and I hope they get him back sometime soon.

Just got back from my extended wekeend and I gotta say that Sanchez definitely brought something special on Saturday. On their own -- and when spun by other DJs -- the kind of tracks he put down generally don't do much for me, but between his mixing, pacing and working with the crowd it wound up being a truly fantastic time.

Not to mention, Roger played for what, 4+ hours. Insane. I'm not entirely sure what time he came on, I arrived somewhere between midnight and 1 and he was behind the decks... all I really know time-wise is that he played through until closing, which according to my phone had just crept past 5.

This show combined with TGIF has given me a spring in my step that oughtta last for weeks. Weekends there should be branded TGFI - Thank God For Ice.

Ah. Forgot to mention the lone down point of Saturday w/ Roger, and that was what seemed like an excess of seriously drunk/horny couples that were too interested in trying to squeeze into each other's bodies to allow most of the other crowd to get down with Roger's set -- let alone really dance.

It would have been tolerable if they had at least ground to the beat, but instead their utter lack of coordination and rhythm (and awareness of people around them) led them to resemble a pair of awkward teens trying to bump uglies for the first time. On a packed dancer floor, that is.

Just the Saturday night crowd, I guess... because this was a non-issue on Friday. Oh well. At least these people were gone by 3, which left 2 solid hours!