David Waxman

Steve Lawler

John Digweed

Hernan Cattaneo

Ferry Corsten

David Padilla

Those are the ones I can remember are really awful, IMO. :gang:

I felt some pains there phil.

I will only add a few but wish i could subtract a few from your list.

David Morales

Tony Draper

Johnny Vicious

DJ Moody

Eddie Baez

Christopher Lawrence

Way Out West

Dmitri from Paris

:half:

Really? Dimitri from Paris? He's super funky and innovative. But you have to be into the whole French house thing.

But I agree that Draper, Baez, and Vicious are all awful... :gang:

Really? Dimitri from Paris? He's super funky and innovative. But you have to be into the whole French house thing.

But I agree that Draper, Baez, and Vicious are all awful... :gang:

I only herd him once so I should hear him one more time before I condemn him. Too me it was souless house with robotic disco rhythms overlaying. Sorry soul even if it is just the soul the dj may express through his manipulation of the decks to me is essential in house muzik no matter what kind you spin. Now it just depends what soul means to you. Or maybe we should just label it quality to ease the definition. Many people attribute here where the dj's play as a factor to the sound they are creating. Well I believe this but I also believe that dj's should still have some credence to there loyal audiences. I shouldn't have to go listen to him on a tuesday night @ an intimate place to get quality. But I agree that playing a big room should be diff then a smaller room. Anyway let me get off this ramble now. Short and sweet. All my faves are not all straight up soul but each are distinct in there qualities. But I prefer house with soul.

Anyway go attack the idiots.

Great post, luzti! I like soulful house (along the lines of Defected, King Street/Nite Grooves, Large/Vista, Loveslapped, etc) but I also like jackin' Chicago house, NY Garage and west coast house...

For me, progressive house and tribal has got no soul whatsoever. :bored::puke:

Oscar G.

Luke Stephan

Armin Van Buuren

Tiesto

Paul Van Dyk

Paul Oakenfuck

Satoshi Tomiie

Jonathan Peters

Denny Tsettos

Deep Dish

Saeed & Palash

Ivano Bellini

Mauro Picotto

George Acosta

Danny Howells

Sasha

Dave Ralph

Sandra Collins

DJ Icey

Boris

David Waxman

Steve Lawler

John Digweed

Hernan Cattaneo

Ferry Corsten

David Padilla

Those are the ones I can remember are really awful, IMO. :gang:

who dont you hate phil :laugh:

tomiie should NOT be on there you bastad! :mad::D

add Felix Da Housecat, Louie Devito, Fergie,Tyrant, Magda, Judge Jules and Pete Tong to the list.

Fergie, Judge Jules and Pete Tong I agree with. But Craig Richards & Lee Burridge? They're pretty decent in my book! ANd although I was not impressed with Felix' mixing abilities, I would be willing to check him out again. :D

But I thought Oscar G was your hero Phil??? :D

Back at the old old Space, I used to go all the time to hear him spin. I have some of his records and I still play them! (the Charles Webster Chunkster mix of OG & Stryke's 'Hypnotized' and Deep South's 'Tribal America' on Junior). But in Miami's materialism-drenched scene, it's easy to sell out! :mad:

Back at the old old Space, I used to go all the time to hear him spin. I have some of his records and I still play them! (the Charles Webster Chunkster mix of OG & Stryke's 'Hypnotized' and Deep South's 'Tribal America' on Junior). But in Miami's materialism-drenched scene, it's easy to sell out! :mad:

Tata Box Inhibitors- Plamids (OG Remix) used to get me going all the time! :bounce:

A BUNCH OF HOMOS DISCUSSING THIER FAVORITE DJ'S. WHAT A BUNCH OF FAGS....IS THE DJ GONNA LET U SIT IN THE BOOTH WITH HIM YOU FAGS AND PLAY YOUR FAVORITE SONGS !!!!HUH FAGS !!!

Oh shit! WTF was I thinking. Who in their right mind discusses about EDM, dj's and clubs on a messageboard entitled Clubplanet?

Carry on, you cock-obsessed, gloryhole worshipping, fuckstick! :gang:

Fergie, Judge Jules and Pete Tong I agree with. But Craig Richards & Lee Burridge? They're pretty decent in my book! ANd although I was not impressed with Felix' mixing abilities, I would be willing to check him out again. :D

when Craig Richards and Lee Burridge are seperate, they are great.

but together, they are sooooo boring. when they played at Arc it felt like the bassline didnt change for at least 2 hours. :zzz:

Honestly I am not as deep with the music as you phil as you are a dj. I respect dj's. But I must say that soul is a def kicker for me. But I am not only about soul. I gotta say 2 dj's that totally rocked me last year were derrick carter and mark farina. I am sort of a newbie still to this whole house thing but they blew my mind. I never heard music like that before ever. I don't want you to think I only listen to house cause I luff techno also. But I must say I listen to there om cd often and really enjoy it. I need to listen to more of there stuff individually.

Honestly I am not as deep with the music as you phil as you are a dj. I respect dj's. But I must say that soul is a def kicker for me. But I am not only about soul. I gotta say 2 dj's that totally rocked me last year were derrick carter and mark farina. I am sort of a newbie still to this whole house thing but they blew my mind. I never heard music like that before ever. I don't want you to think I only listen to house cause I luff techno also. But I must say I listen to there om cd often and really enjoy it. I need to listen to more of there stuff individually.

Derrick Carter and Mark Farina are awesome. If you wanna be able to hear them at home, pick up the Live @ Om 2xCD. It's really good. Quirky, funky, sleazy house music. Great track selection and it was mixed live so you know there were no ProTools or other gimmicks involved. Just straight up turntable technique. If you liked them, check out DJ Heather and Johnny Fiasco as well. :D