Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the asshole who derailed those trains

weyes

that's the train my best friend/roommate takes everyday. when i turned on the tv that morning, they just showed a picture and had a tease:

"this train derailed outside l.a., killing 10 [now it's 11]. more when we come back."

i panicked for a minute or 2, till they said it was too far north of us.

i understand that this guy was only thinking that it would hit his car and keep going, but he's an asshole for not considering that hurting other people was possible. he didn't really want to commit suicide, as he chickened out at the last minute and had also slashed his wrists unsuccessfully that morning...

i don't mean to be glib by saying this, as i've been suicidal myself, but jumping off a cliff is really the most considerate way to kill oneself. shooting yourself and slashing your wrists leaves a mess for people to clean up, hanging yourself or jumping out of a building gives the people who see you nightmares, and taking pills is usually unsuccessful. one should do it in a way that gets the desired result without disturbing strangers. and killing other people in the process is unacceptable. people who kill their family members and then kill themselves or kill strangers piss me the fuck off.

that was a sort of scattered rant, but i just had to get that off my chest :mad: .

Sorry homeboy I'm from the tri-state area. Can you please describe the usage of this train and the tracks on which it runs. Are we talking a highly used train root? Being a nyc rat the north east corridor is commonly used which is traveled by many trains including amtrak njtransit etc. So what's the deal with this? I imagine it blocked alot of commuters from there work travels.

:half: