Clubplanet Nightlife Community

10 sexual myths

liqidtouch

from the clubexl message boads

1. I only have sex with people I know, so I don't worry about condoms.

It's amazing that, even with the wealth of sex education available from magazines, television, health leaflets and the Web, this is still a common occurrence. Many of us think because we already know the person, that they're safe. It's a 'better the devil you know' attitude to sex. But just because you're mates with the person you fancy, and they look clean and smell nice, it doesn't mean that they're not carrying a host of nasty little viruses in their pants. Just remember - you can't tell a person's sexual history by just looking at them. It may be tedious, but unless your partner's had a recent full sexual health screening then stay safe, and use a condom.

2. I'm a girl and I get turned on fantasising about having sex with another girl. Is this normal?

Having a homosexual fantasy, whatever your age or sex, is 100 per cent normal. In fact, it would be more alarming if people were standing up in their droves saying that they'd never had a same sex fantasy. Many people worry - especially teenagers, that their fantasies about same sex scenarios somehow prove they're gay. But let's get one thing straight - discovering your sexual orientation and merely fantasising about another female are completely different things (although neither feelings should be ignored). If you think you are gay, then these same sex fantasies may lead you on an interesting journey of self-discovery. But if you know you're straight and this is just a dirty daydream that turns you on, then take it at face value. Never, ever feel guilty about your dreams. They're not hurting anyone - so go on, relax, close your eyes, and enjoy.

3. If you don't orgasm you haven't had good sex.

This is the kind of nonsense that 15-year-old boys make up as they furiously flick through Penthouse, and what makes it worse is that people actually believe this myth. Good sex can take many different forms. It can be kissing, touching, stroking, talking - it doesn't have to involve penetration and it doesn't have to end in a sloppy damp patch on one side of the bed. The sad reality is that sex is often ruined due to the pressure to orgasm.

Let's get the facts straight: physically, men are designed to ejaculate during sex, and once they get going, bar any problems, there's no stopping them. There is range of problems - he might simply lose an erection (which is not unusual). And prescription medicines such as anti-depressants or recreational drugs, including ecstasy, can also make orgasms a thing of the past.

Now, lets come to the girls. Physiologically, women do not have to orgasm - it's not necessary for the reproductive process, they're purely for pleasure. And sorry guys, but we can also have two types of orgasm - clitoral and vaginal. Most women can only achieve a clitoral orgasm - some may go through life never experiencing a vaginal orgasm. If you do have problems reaching orgasm contact the British Association for Sexual and Relationship Therapy. Remember, the bottom line is - you don't have to have an earth-shaking climax to enjoy good sex.

4. If he pulls out I won't get pregnant.

This belief is dangerous and sadly leads to thousands of unwanted pregnancies every year. The withdrawal method is the most risky form of contraception and particularly silly when there are so many safe and effective methods to choose between. These include: sterilisation; hormonal contraception (the combined and mini Pill and implants); IUD; diaphragm; condoms and spermicides. Except for sterilisation none of these methods are 100 per cent effective, but it?s better to be safe than sorry. We all forget that sperm are persistent little blighters. Did you know that if the guy pulls out and sperm is left on your upper thighs then it's still possible for you to get pregnant? They just wriggle on up there and go for their target. Remember too, that you should always be practising safe sex to protect yourself from infection. If in any doubt, always use a condom.

5. My inner labia hang down and I think my vagina, especially when aroused, looks really frightening. Is there something wrong with me?

No, there's nothing wrong at all. Remember, like noses, ears, boobs or bums, vaginas come in all different shapes and sizes. It's what makes us individual. There's no 'perfect' way for your vagina to look, and the trick is to feel comfortable with what you've got. Your labia are there for a reason - to protect your clitoris and the rest of your genitalia. So in some ways you could count yourself lucky that you've got all the protection you could ever want. Take some time to get to know your body, and learn to love what you've been given.

6. Sex in the bath - do you really get stuck?

For centuries, couples have been bonking away merrily in the bath, and rarely have they ever got stuck. In fact, the only problem I can imagine is if you're both too big the bath. This could create a nasty little vacuum and may require the fire department to come and rescue you. If you mean do your genitals get stuck, then I'm sorry to disappoint you, but no - in fact it can make sex all the more slippery and fun.

7. Too big or too small - the size of a man's penis doesn't matter.

Well that's true in part isn't it? How many times have you heard the old saying, 'It's not the size, it's what you do with it that counts?' People are different - Bob may have an eight-inch penis, Billy only four. But that doesn't mean Billy is inadequate. Far from it - he may have a sexual technique that could make women gasp the world over. It's definitely what they do with their penis that matters. Remember too, that even if a man has a tiddler when flaccid, it could take your eye out when erect. In any case, many women find sex with a large penis quite painful, as it can knock against their cervix (the top of the vagina) - and this can cause bleeding. So guys, if you're hung like Dirk Diggler, please treat your lady's privates with a little respect.

8. Men are always ready for sex.

It may seem like men are always ready for sex, but thankfully this isn't the case. Men are governed by the male sex hormone testosterone and it's the amount of this hormone that determines their sex drive. In theory, men are more sexually driven than women, and that's due to the difference in our hormones. In practice, of course, we all know that sex is as much in the mind as it is in the pants, so it's a good idea to check whether a man's really in the mood before jumping on him.

At the beginning of any relationship you and your chap are banging away hammer and tong all hours of the day and night. But it's only natural that, after a few months, the frequency of your sex life will diminish a little. And when it does, there's no need to feel paranoid. Remember, just because he's not shaking his willy at you every minute of the day, it doesn't mean he doesn't fancy you anymore. He's probably just tired or has something, other than sex, on his mind.

9. Erections need dealing with otherwise it's bad for him.

It's true that most of the time erections are caused by sexual arousal. But, not always. A man can have several spontaneous erections during the night, especially during REM sleep. And we all know about 'morning glory' - the erection a man has when waking up. If it were actually bad for men to not relieve an erection, we'd have a national crisis on our hands. It's not dire to leave an erection, just undesirable. And most men take themselves in hand before it gets that far. 10. Masturbating every day is a sign of sex addiction.

Given that over 90 per cent of men and 75 per cent of women masturbate, we'd be in a lot of trouble if this were a sign of sex addiction. To masturbate every day is excessive, but it's more a sign of frustration than addiction. People have different sex drives, and some people may need to relieve themselves everyday, although it's unlikely they would sustain that for any length of time. Teenagers tend to masturbate three to four times a week, whereas adults only manage a bit of self-loving once or twice a week.

anyone got any other ideas?

what's up liquid? sorry, I'm not going to read all that...Just wondering if you have a Valentine and if you might be getting some pussy tonight?

keep us posted

i had a pretty nice - ok REALLY REALLY NICE weekend doing both my parties

friday was a pajama party

saturday was a valentines party and might i say ---> :bowdown:

i spent more time just hangin then workin

as you can see from the below pic

so yea the prospect is comming about - im hangin with this one chic but as usual im not going to press anythng

im just seeing where its going for now

for those who dont know yet

this is me in the red shirt

Sexy_valentine_girls_1331_JPG.jpg

lap dance anyone lol

just kidding - shes one of the dancers

tru, i don't usually come when sex, but i sometimes feel obligated 2...

intrestin read tho :aright:

when erection it doesn't have 2 mean you're horny? i have it all the time :hat:

very true on the erection part....

it talks about it in the top message

oddly enough i didnt wake up with a "morning glory" today

i had a pretty nice - ok REALLY REALLY NICE weekend doing both my parties

friday was a pajama party

saturday was a valentines party and might i say ---> :bowdown:

i spent more time just hangin then workin

as you can see from the below pic

so yea the prospect is comming about - im hangin with this one chic but as usual im not going to press anythng

im just seeing where its going for now

for those who dont know yet

this is me in the red shirt

Sexy_valentine_girls_1331_JPG.jpg

lap dance anyone lol

just kidding - shes one of the dancers

Damn liqid, you run the party and still sample the goods, nice :aright: