Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHO THINKS . . . (Re: Promoters)

Originally posted by nycedee:

Andy,

Don't fucking apologize. This is a club chatroom, promoters are to be expected. It actually makes sense that promoters put their shit up here. Most of us know each other, so it's more like an FYI.

brandie, WTF??? I disagree with you totally, this is a free forum, people say what they want to say, if that's a party then so be it...you stated your opinion, so i'm stating mine, and those who state their parties state what they have to offer. Is this the first time you have seen a promoter on the board????

Again, a club chatboard, duh, promoters are going to promote their parties here! Don't read it and don't go to their party.

thats what the promoters forum is for, just like sex talk goes in the sex forum, and drama on its own respective board

its annoying to have the same post over and over again and discourages a lot of people form posting useful info

you said your peace, even once a couple times a day, whatever. but every two minutes is annoying.

if you wanna promote do it on the promoters forum

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by blueangel:

You're absolutely right in saying that a "FYI" is not a bad thing. However, do we really need 100 "FYI" about the same thing?? That's what Brandie was saying. There's nothing wrong with making us aware of a party but do need 100 different posts about the same party?

BlueAngel

what's funny about this is there are sooooo many posts you can give shit too, and sooo many that are from imposters, whether it be racist posts or other stupid shit, and this is the one brandie gives shit too?? Let the man post it a million times if he wants. is it annoying, yes, but so are 60 other posts, why not give shit to those?!?!!

Again, free forum, anything goes, no matter how stupid, repetitive, racist, etc it is....that is the nature of free chatboard.

cwm9.gif

nycedee, the bottom line is you're right that it's a free board and people have the right to post what ever it is that they want. I'm not saying "YOU CAN'T" . . . I have no right to say that. All I'm saying is that once should be enough. But I suppose that's just my own personal opinion.

BlueAngel

------------------

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” angel.gif

Originally posted by blueangel:

nycedee, the bottom line is you're right that it's a free board and people have the right to post what ever it is that they want. I'm not saying "YOU CAN'T" . . . I have no right to say that. All I'm saying is that once should be enough. But I suppose that's just my own personal opinion.

BlueAngel

Yeh NYCDEE, they have just as much right to post about not liking it as Antvill has for posting it in the first place. It swings both ways.

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

thats what the promoters forum is for, just like sex talk goes in the sex forum, and drama on its own respective board

its annoying to have the same post over and over again and discourages a lot of people form posting useful info

you said your peace, even once a couple times a day, whatever. but every two minutes is annoying.

if you wanna promote do it on the promoters forum

when was the last time you were in the promoter forum? exactly...go check it out, nobody goes there, a promoter would have a better chance whispering to you in twilo by the speaker from across the dance floor.

bottom line, the 'New York' page is the best page to reach the most clubbers, not the promoter forum page.

i don't necessarily disagree with the 'annoyingness' of the constant promotions, but just like the Finlanda Vodka ads, and so many other stupid posts, you get over it and work through it.

Originally posted by nycedee:

when was the last time you were in the promoter forum? exactly...go check it out, nobody goes there, a promoter would have a better chance whispering to you in twilo by the speaker from across the dance floor.

bottom line, the 'New York' page is the best page to reach the most clubbers, not the promoter forum page.

i don't necessarily disagree with the 'annoyingness' of the constant promotions, but just like the Finlanda Vodka ads, and so many other stupid posts, you get over it and work through it.

i have to agree on that one, i dont think anyone goes to check the promoters forum, i mean i know i dont

I REALLY DONT HAVE A CLUE WHO ANY OF YOU ARE, BUT IT IS OBVIOUS THAT YOU ALL KNOW EACH OTHER. I CAN SEE HOW SEEING THE SAME PARTY PLUGGED OVER AND OVER AGAIN COULD GET ANNOYING, BUT SO DOES READING THESE POSTS ABOUT ALL YOUR PERSONAL SHIT THAT NOBODY ELSE CARES OR HAS A CLUE ABOUT. I DON'T THINK THAT PROMOTERS WOULD POST SO MANY PLUGS IF THEIR POSTS WEREN'T GETTING PUSHED SO FAR BACK BY SOME OF THE RANDOM SHIT ON THIS BOARD. SO YES IT IS ANNOYING TO SEE THE SAME PARTY PLUGGED OVER AND OVER AGAIN, BUT REMEMBER IT'S JUST AS ANNOYING TO READ POSTS ABOUT STUFF THAT IS IN NO INTEREST TO ANYONE. THAT'S WHAT CHATROOMS ARE FOR.

------------------

JOHN MOPPER

METRO PROMOTIONS

ROXY FRIDAYS / WORLD SATURDAYS

mopperpromo@aol.com

Originally posted by metropromotions:

I REALLY DONT HAVE A CLUE WHO ANY OF YOU ARE, BUT IT IS OBVIOUS THAT YOU ALL KNOW EACH OTHER. I CAN SEE HOW SEEING THE SAME PARTY PLUGGED OVER AND OVER AGAIN COULD GET ANNOYING, BUT SO DOES READING THESE POSTS ABOUT ALL YOUR PERSONAL SHIT THAT NOBODY ELSE CARES OR HAS A CLUE ABOUT. I DON'T THINK THAT PROMOTERS WOULD POST SO MANY PLUGS IF THEIR POSTS WEREN'T GETTING PUSHED SO FAR BACK BY SOME OF THE RANDOM SHIT ON THIS BOARD. SO YES IT IS ANNOYING TO SEE THE SAME PARTY PLUGGED OVER AND OVER AGAIN, BUT REMEMBER IT'S JUST AS ANNOYING TO READ POSTS ABOUT STUFF THAT IS IN NO INTEREST TO ANYONE. THAT'S WHAT CHATROOMS ARE FOR.

if there was a forum called "stuff that is in no interest to anyone"

i would post there, but theres isn't

however i promote too and dont' plug *my* parties every two seconds

at least my "personal shit that nobody else cares or has a clue about" posts are social and promoting conversation on a message board designed for that

as opposed to these posts every two seconds about peoples parteis who are doing nothign else but trying to make money off people

my $.02

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

[This message has been edited by PFloyd40 (edited 11-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by PFloyd40 (edited 11-28-2000).]

Originally posted by metropromotions:

I DON'T THINK THAT PROMOTERS WOULD POST SO MANY PLUGS IF THEIR POSTS WEREN'T GETTING PUSHED SO FAR BACK BY SOME OF THE RANDOM SHIT ON THIS BOARD.

And that is why a lot of us just "bump" the original FIRST post rather than creating 99 more posts.

This debate is getting old. People will do what they want to do.

BlueAngel

------------------

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” angel.gif

Andy, I don't think this beef was directed towards you in any way whatsoever.....So don't take offense.....What "we" are doing is trying to oraganize a meet -up to celebrate the b-day's of two of the boards' members..that's all... you simply stepped in and offered to help us out that's all...you too dave (toxic)

------------------

AIM vampie

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

Andy, I don't think this beef was directed towards you in any way whatsoever.....So don't take offense.....What "we" are doing is trying to oraganize a meet -up to celebrate the b-day's of two of the boards' members..that's all... you simply stepped in and offered to help us out that's all...you too dave (toxic)

see, that was exactly my point

you guys were trying to do something nice for a friend, not make loot off of evryone buy plugging a party like most of the promoters on the board(myself excluded)

------------------

hmr3.gif

i apologize to the couple of people who thought that i meant them - like andy for instance -

rob summed it up well . .. it's not the people who are trying to do something fun that are annoying . . . it's the people that don't care what they have to do to make a couple dollars in the head count . . .

my post was not directed specifically at antvill - some, but i do the sam thing to various promoters on this board . . . if you want see someone who i consistantly tear apart, talk to oasis. wink.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Hey Hey Hey-

dont you all worry about little old me. TRUST ME,i did not take any offense to any of the comments. I only replied cause I know how they feel and I just wanted to let them know my point of view.

Im going to keep telling people about my list at cream on friday cause unlike some people I am going to be there hanging with anyone that comes in. That is the main reason I have the list....so I can actually get all my friends to go to one place and see them all.

So dont yo worry about me, myfeelings definitley were not hurt.

BTW if u want to come to cream on friday just say aztec liust at the door. heheheheh

Sorry I couldnt help it.

-Andy

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

UNDERSTOOD. I SEE EVERYONE'S POINT. I KNOW I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE POSTING THERE PARTY EVERY TWO SECONDS, I ACTUALLY SHOULD POST MORE. I HAVE NO CLUE WHY I EVEN GOT INVOLVED.

ROXY FRIDAYS WORLD SATURDAYS ROXY FRIDAYS WORLD SATURDAYS - JUST KIDDING GUYS. PEACE

------------------

JOHN MOPPER

METRO PROMOTIONS

ROXY FRIDAYS / WORLD SATURDAYS

mopperpromo@aol.com

Can't we all just get alone!!!

Don't read it just pass it by, this is what we call.....DRAMA!!!!!!

------------------

Hi! How ya doing? where ya been, I had thoughts of you all night long.

Can't describe what you did, but you got me so!

Aolimer: Glowgirl42000

Email: Sugar4@earthlink.net