Clubplanet Nightlife Community

URB MAGAZINE presents... SOUND DELUXE 2 TOUR W/ HALO!

vaughanz

halo_150.jpg

HALO BIO

A native of Chicago , DJ Brian "Halo" Varga", burst onto the dance market in the mid 1990’s. Drawn to the burgeoning underground rave scene out west, Halo relocated to San Diego and formed an indelible partnership with DJ Hipp-e under the aptly named moniker “H Foundationâ€. Their productions defined the West Coast House Sound and became an instant global phenomenon; the creative duo was suddenly DJ’ing in such far away places as Amsterdam, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Sydney, and Tel Aviv. In April 2003, Glasgow ’s forward-thinking Soma Records released H-Foundation’s highly anticipated full-length album effort entitled “Environmentsâ€. Halo’s mixed CDs have included “Nite:Life 02†on NRK (with Hipp-e) and “Fabric 07†for London ’s Fabric Recordings. *

On Sound Deluxe 2 , Halo connects with Large Music to once again explore his Chicago roots. Halo’s mix displays all the elements that have made his DJ stets legendary: a classic blend of deep, soulful house with spacey, sophisticated rhythms that is keenly rooted in the early dance floor sounds of his hometown. “I wanted this CD to be a musical journey†Halo answers when asked to describe his latest offering, “I hope the listener feels the passion I have put into this one.†Featuring the music of such notables as Roy Davis Jr., Solar House, and Kerri Chandler, Sound Deluxe 2 is sure to continue Halo’s reign as one of the most influential and talented DJ’s working today

• 3 weeks later...

:bowdown: :bowdown: :clap: :clap:

When does the mix hit store shelves?

I would also like to add that he mixed a Live in Australia set with Hipp-E. It's available as an import only. And he has also mixed a Siesta sampler CD.

And that's on top of his collaboration with Hipp-E on their artist album entitled Environments (available on 2x12") :D

:bowdown: :bowdown: :clap: :clap:

When does the mix hit store shelves?

I would also like to add that he mixed a Live in Australia set with Hipp-E. It's available as an import only. And he has also mixed a Siesta sampler CD.

And that's on top of his collaboration with Hipp-E on their artist album entitled Environments (available on 2x12") :D

I wish you could have heard Halo way back in the day - its amazing how much his sound has changed...I remember when the old chicago jack Djs would say he was too progressive. I've seen him go from borderline progressive - to his H-Foundation triballly dub stuff - now onto the deep and groovey Bluem vibe - the thing is at all stages he was always on top of his game.

I wish you could have heard Halo way back in the day - its amazing how much his sound has changed...I remember when the old chicago jack Djs would say he was too progressive. I've seen him go from borderline progressive - to his H-Foundation triballly dub stuff - now onto the deep and groovey Bluem vibe - the thing is at all stages he was always on top of his game.

I was actually surprised at how soulful his set was at Nerve last year. His sets with Hipp-E at Centro-Fly in 2002 were a lot more on the techy, sleazy side. All were equally appreciated!!! :bowdown::D

:spin2:

Oh, and here's the tracklisting to his new mix...

1. Solar House – 'Got 2 B U' [City Blues Remix]

2. Solar House – Freedom

3. Blak Beat Niks – 'Celebration' [Ruff House Dub]

4. Mateo & Matos – 'Joy 2 My Life'

5. Dennis Ferrer – 'Palisade Park'

6. M2W – 'Shame

7. Ulysses – 'I’m Leaving You'

8. Kerri Chandler – 'Raw Grooves #2'

9. Jask – 'Reflections of Love'

10. Solar House – 'Everything Changes'

11. Mateo & Matos – 'Afrosax'

12. Julius Papp – 'Aftermath'

13. Solar House – 'Decisions'

14. Roy Davis Jr. – 'Closer 2 You'

15. Glenn Underground – 'Trust'

:hoparound

:spin2:

Oh, and here's the tracklisting to his new mix...

1. Solar House – 'Got 2 B U' [City Blues Remix]

2. Solar House – Freedom

3. Blak Beat Niks – 'Celebration' [Ruff House Dub]

4. Mateo & Matos – 'Joy 2 My Life'

5. Dennis Ferrer – 'Palisade Park'

6. M2W – 'Shame

7. Ulysses – 'I’m Leaving You'

8. Kerri Chandler – 'Raw Grooves #2'

9. Jask – 'Reflections of Love'

10. Solar House – 'Everything Changes'

11. Mateo & Matos – 'Afrosax'

12. Julius Papp – 'Aftermath'