Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hip Hop vs. Hot 97 rally fri @ union sq.

This rally is a joke...It's a just an excuse to smoke a blunt in the park...

If you really want to hurt a station...hurt them financially...nothing like lost revenue to ignite change in radio. Why do you think Stern and the like have been on the radio so long?? He has the ratings to generate $$ into the stations...who gives a fuck who's offended or feels degraded...someone is still listening...

I, honestly, don't give a fuck what Roxanne Shante has to say about the downfall of Hip Hop when she has done NOTHING to help the situation...stay in the 'bridge...People talk a lot of shit with no real solution...

my rant of the day since I have not slept...blah

I think this rally is a lot of bullshit. These artists that get played are the artists with the widest appeal. The more listeners, the more advertising dollars. People like Non-Phixion don't get any burn as say, Fat Joe, because they don't appeal to as many people. You want more airplay? Create something more suitable for the mainstream. Just look at the Black Eyed Peas.

I also don't see the racism. You can't attribute any of these points to Star b/c he makes fun of everyone and can hardly be labeled a racist. Black, white, Asian, Puerto Ricans. It's all a part of his gimmick, and if you take offense to it then you just don't get his humor. Miss Jones on the other hand, I hope she gets the boot only because I feel like she cries racism every other day. And she had some balls playing the Tsunami Song after she walked out on the Morning Show after the Aaliyah joke.

I also don't see the racism. You can't attribute any of these points to Star b/c he makes fun of everyone and can hardly be labeled a racist. Black, white, Asian, Puerto Ricans. It's all a part of his gimmick, and if you take offense to it then you just don't get his humor. Miss Jones on the other hand, I hope she gets the boot only because I feel like she cries racism every other day. And she had some balls playing the Tsunami Song after she walked out on the Morning Show after the Aaliyah joke.

word up on this playa...

but definitely still nice info...some ppl just dont go the route of hammering on sponsors...i appreciate the work kuttin' kandi put into this one...a lot of ppl have been big on the rap scene as keeping hip hop culture as positive as it can be...some just dont get recognized nor are they big enough to be heard...on the real, it's gotta be about respect, and not having to walk around with bodyguards and bulletproof vests...