Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Night Dashes system tore up 27th st

Just Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mind-blowing. Ear-pounding. Acoustically orgasmic. Those are just

some of the descriptions that I would give to the sound system at Spirit

as demonstrated with such fierce power and skill by Junior last night.

Last night's audio madness was something which had not been served

upon the dancefloor of Spirit yet, and was a thrilling surprise because I

had no idea that the sound system was as intense as was demonstrated

last nite.

I arrived at 1:00, and at first I wasn't even sure that Junior was spinning,

until I saw him maneuvering around the booth. Junior was spinning hard,

hard house. I can't remember the last time I heard him spinning so

aggressively. Then around 2:00, he seamlessly transformed the set from

hard house to that classic Junior sound. The tribal chant of "AAAAfrica"

ushered in the set that I had been waiting for. But the party hit the

extreme peak and musical fever-pitch, when Junior werked the hell out of

John Creamer's "Lift Up the Needle" (27th Street Mix) vs Junior's much-

beloved "Can U Party". Now, we all know that she can werk "Can U Party"

in her sleep, but this was very different because it was at this point that I

noticed the acoustics had completely transformed into a sound that

literally knocked me for a loop. The sound enhancement completely

took me by surprise and I can not wait to hear Junior werk that system

again.

Here's a partial setlist from the party, although reading these songs can

NEVER do the live experience the justice it deserves:

-DJ Rooster & Sammy Peralta "Move Your Body" (Jr's 27th Street Mix)

-John Creamer "Lift Up the Needle" (27th Street Anthem) vs "Can U Party"

-Darren Hayes "Darkness" (Jr's Black Party Mix)

-Charlotte "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" (Jr's Marathon Mix)

-Rob Thomas "Lonely No More" (Jr's Mix)

-Vivian Green "Tired" (Jr's Mix)

-Vivian Green "All About Us" (Jr's Mix)

-Jonathan Peters feat. Sylver "All This Time" (Club Mix)

-Danny Tuval & Royal feat. Carmi "It's Gonna Be Alright"

-ATFC "Fall Down" (MK & MTV Mix & Dub)

-Jark Prongo "Shake It"

-DJ Rooster & Sammy Peralta "Shake It"

-Jason Walker "Set It Free"

-Martha Wash "Let the Spirit" (Jr's Mix)

-Bobby Slate "Floating Higher 2005" (Olympus Mix)

-Knightbreeder "Your Love is Taking Me Over"

-Veronica "Someone to Hold" (Tank & Brown Mix)

-Continuous Cool "Automatic"

-Ricky Lee Jones "Living It Up 2005" (Arena Classics Mix)

-Exacta "Flippin" (never heard this version before, could be Junior's own

creation)

-Friburn & Urik "Show It"

-Juliet Roberts "I Want You" (Jr's 98 Mix)

-Pier Pressure "Want My Body" (Mike Cruz Organ Mix)

-Robin S "Show Me Love" (Outstanding Mix)

-Sunday School "House is a Feeling"

-Ralpi Rosario f/ Xavier Gold "You Used to Hold Me" (Razor n Guido Mix)

The crowd was in great spirits and seemed thrilled with both the sound

and Junior's musical platter. It was great to see Mother Juan, Bryon,

Naomi, Fumi, Miss Alex (what a great surprise!!), Gus, Shaun, Andy, and

my partner in crime for the evening, JoeA.

I'm more excited than ever for Heart of Darkness and cannot wait to feel

the power of the Spirit sound and the musical vision of Junior again.

-Mike

Edited by Just Mike on 05-March-2005 at 6:09pm

Love is the Message

starscream! that is a perfect description of last night! i got there real early! it was a little slow in the begining but Junior tore that place up! the energy at spirit was insane! my girlfriend and i danced for about 4 hours straight! i am hurting today but it was all worth it! overall a great night! from 1am on he was so on point! :bowdown:

:half: ohhhh fuck offf Liquid for real your always up my AZZZ trying to cause Drama.and yes this was taking from the jvm board cuz i thought it was an awesome review and no i wasnt there Leo wasnt there wish i could have made it.Ill be at the Heart of Darkeness party though fo sho.As for you liquid you got some Drama with me hunny for some reason but everytime i seem to post you seem to have a smartazz remark about it?U ever hear of cuttin and pasting?ohhh ohhh wait no you do know about it you just went to jvm and the post by Mike the original person that posted it.I didnt wanna copy his name cuz honestly it wasnt anyone buissness.i am not the 1st nore the last person on here that has copy and pasted someones review from another board and put it on CP.....SOO you liquid and whoever else get over it!!!and sorry JUST MIke If i offended you by not addding your name to the review.If you have a problem with it you know where to find me.As for you LQuidhead step back and try not to make a mountain out of a molehill hunny.I am soo freakin sick of the tacky queens.they just love to call you out on anything they possible can........... :aright:

:half: ohhhh fuck offf Liquid for real your always up my AZZZ trying to cause Drama.and yes this was taking from the jvm board cuz i thought it was an awesome review and no i wasnt there Leo wasnt there wish i could have made it.Ill be at the Heart of Darkeness party though fo sho.As for you liquid you got some Drama with me hunny for some reason but everytime i seem to post you seem to have a smartazz remark about it?U ever hear of cuttin and pasting?ohhh ohhh wait no you do know about it you just went to jvm and the post by Mike the original person that posted it.I didnt wanna copy his name cuz honestly it wasnt anyone buissness.i am not the 1st nore the last person on here that has copy and pasted someones review from another board and put it on CP.....SOO you liquid and whoever else get over it!!!and sorry JUST MIke If i offended you by not addding your name to the review.If you have a problem with it you know where to find me.As for you LQuidhead step back and try not to make a mountain out of a molehill hunny.I am soo freakin sick of the tacky queens.they just love to call you out on anything they possible can........... :aright:

you need some Paxil and an Ambien honey for all that rage...taking credit for someone else's review is just pure shadiness and you should have said that you got it from that board and Mike wrote it. People have posted other people's reviews on other boards in the past and they have been called out for it.

Would you like your words to be taken as someone else's. Not only did you steal the review but you also copied his subject...you are just a shady miserable queen with way toooooo much anger!

no anger i just dont like you......i havnt liked you in a long time...sooo people i dont like i usual am nasty to but that wasnt anything sweetness...by the way i reposted the review with the name and all just for you cupcake..hope your Happy ....now just walk away :)

starscream! that is a perfect description of last night! i got there real early! it was a little slow in the begining but Junior tore that place up! the energy at spirit was insane! my girlfriend and i danced for about 4 hours straight! i am hurting today but it was all worth it! overall a great night! from 1am on he was so on point! :bowdown:
Sorry Carmine that i couldnt make it hope we get to meet up soon!!!!

sooo people i dont like i usual am nasty to

by act nasty to do you mean: stalkerishly instant messaging them while they are at work going on tirades about being jersey trash programmed from birth to be guidos or post their aol profile on an internet messageboard?? which one is it?? lol

by act nasty to do you mean: stalkerishly instant messaging them while they are at work going on tirades about being jersey trash programmed from birth to be guidos or post their aol profile on an internet messageboard?? which one is it?? lol
now that is funny stalkerishly lol.this happened what?6months ago? and you were more than happy to talk to me about how u didnt really like jp or his crowd you just make up all this guido bullshit about yourself for fun.Wanna keep going Dan>cuz we can i can go all night sweetie.Shall i pull up the posts to make you look like a bigger moron than you are?i just love how people take any chance they can to try and be firece with someone.GO ELSEWHERE DAN THE GUIDO WANNABE POSER that you are.people hear something good about someone or something they dont like or have no idea about they just loveeee to change it around sooo to get back on track...... Another other awesome reviews of Junior turning it out at Spirit last night and working dash's system like only HE can :bounce:

lol liar there was 20 people there get it right dammit!!!!!!! lol.actually i heard it was crowded but not overly crowded enough space to dance and get your groove on.

actually it was packed by 1:30 and ppl still comin in by 4am when i left! the crowd was all in good spirits , only thing though never seen so many fucked up chinease ppl in my life! wow! sorry not ment to offend! it was a great party! have not seen energy like i did last night in a while! peace!

lol liar there was 20 people there get it right dammit!!!!!!! lol.actually i heard it was crowded but not overly crowded enough space to dance and get your groove on.

Exactly, great time last night. The only bad thing was that he ended around 715 am, the crowd was wanting more. Junior was def in a good mood

Can't wait for the twilo classics on the 20th

now that is funny stalkerishly lol.this happened what?6months ago? and you were more than happy to talk to me about how u didnt really like jp or his crowd you just make up all this guido bullshit about yourself for fun.Wanna keep going Dan>cuz we can i can go all night sweetie.Shall i pull up the posts to make you look like a bigger moron than you are?i just love how people take any chance they can to try and be firece with someone.GO ELSEWHERE DAN THE GUIDO WANNABE POSER that you are.people hear something good about someone or something they dont like or have no idea about they just loveeee to change it around sooo to get back on track...... Another other awesome reviews of Junior turning it out at Spirit last night and working dash's system like only HE can :bounce:

dan the guido wannabe poser... lol, that's me..

dude.. i was joking around... you really need to wash the sand out of your vagina little guy, it was just a joke... also i have better things to do tonight than sit here and argue... i rented supersize me from blockbuster tonight :rock::rock: