Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OMG, I got canned from my J-O-B!!!

Let's just say, if you're going to F up, don't F up big time...

I sent out a blank full page ad to a newspaper for one of the biggest clients, JP Morgan, and the paper actually ran the blank page!! Ad space cost: approx. $15,000

Wed before TDay, I forgot to send files to the London office and someone had to come in on Tday morning to send them.

OK, I'll admit that I didn't really like the job anyway, so I'm not bummed. They gave me severance and paid me for unused vacation time. The only thing that sucks is that I don't know that I'll find another job that will allow me to have 10:30-6:30 work hours...

So Diva is unemployed! Anyone know of any openings in the Advertising/Marketing/Event Coordination fields??? I've got bills to pay! Thanks...

------------------

icon9.giflove.gifbiggrin.gif

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

Dorry to hear that diva.

I can't belive they actually ran a BLANK page. That's pretty crazy. Don't know any advertisement jobs, I'm not in that field. Though I'm sure you'll find something... and most companies these days are pretty flexable with hours.

Keep smiling! biggrin.gif

//sariman

------------------

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today!" -- James Dean

Holy Shit!!

I'm sorry to hear that. Even if you don't like the job.

It sounds a little drastic to me...I understand it's a $15,000 mistake but geez!

I know of a wire operator who caused a $750,000 error and it wasn't in favor of the firm!!

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

i cant believe they ran a blank ad .. someone at teh paper should have een in touch ,,.., that kinda shaddy on the behalf .. anyways hubn .. whatver take ur serverants and relax a lil my boy just got laid off and is pysched hes gonna live in VT for a month .. and i think u can collect unemployment at teh same time .. u will be chillin consider it an unexpect vacation /... and abotu your work hours i would worry a lot of companies will let u chose what hours u want to come in and shit .. dont sweat it .. =) sorry hun ...

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Monique....

That is really crappy to hear. I hope that you are keeping an upbeat attitude on this. There are a lot of jobs out there.

Just look out for falling bodies in the financial district when you go on interviews. The blood stains are hard to get out.

------------------

JDogg

opelblitzcopy.gif

"Jesus Tap Dancing Christ,

I've never seen anything so

juvenile in my life."

- Mr. Garrison

OMG Honey Im soo sorry to hear this. Maybe you should try one of those temp agencies.

Lots of my friends actually get a lot of good work with these companies and most of the time, they can get you exactly what you want and need.

Good luck...if I hear of anything around, Ill let you know about it!

xoxo

------------------

tigger.gif

"Love is friendship set to music."

...E. Joseph Crossmann

AOL = MadamKittE

Ouch! Go figure, here in the computer field there are plenty of cretins who don't know the difference between multiplication and addition. Not only do they not get fired, but they usually get yearly salary increases.

Their companies have to pay me big bux to come in and point out that they've been losing millions because someone fell asleep in 2nd grade.

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

hey diva,

i used to do the same thing (event planning, marketing, advertising) and was job hunting all of september and october. i don't know what kind of event planning you like to do, but there's a site that caters specifically to meeting planning jobs - www.meetingjobs.com. they have a lot of resources for the industry. also, you can check out www.mim.com. both sites are run by leaders of the industry. the first one is a little better organized.

i also posted my resume on hotjobs.com and got a lot of responses. in my opinion, they're the best on-line job site. they weed out a lot of the headhunting agencies so you'll only receive responses from the actual company that's looking to hire, and not some employment factory that just wants a commission.

i hope some of this helps, and if you want any more information, pm me and i'd be happy to help any way i can. looking for a new job took a toll on me, so i feel for you. and good luck!! biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the support y'all...

I'm actually a pretty good job-hunter, I've had many jobs since the age of 14...

Yuhwoo, I will look at those sites you named...

Nicki, that's why we get along so well, I'm looking at it the same way... Only, no crying yet!

Cubano, as soon as I update my resume, I'll send it to you... Thanks a lot Man!

Spheric, I just may take you up on that... It's not like I have to work tomorrow!!

------------------

icon9.giflove.gifbiggrin.gif

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com