Clubplanet Nightlife Community

where can i get some absinthe in this town?

jeffgq

It is 'illegal' to sell absinthe in the US... I get mine from lafeeabsinthe.com,

but the thujone level in the juice is as much as the EU allows (which isn't that much). I heard if you buy stuff from the Czech Republic they have much higher thujone levels. Thujone is the compound in the drink that has the properties you are looking for....

all post hear have lead u to the right place....the internet is the best place to find it...order it from europe...its illegal here so it hard to find.

flip...what is the best absinthe out there? is there a certain name equated with it? any website you know of, a trustworthy one?

The real stuff is very expensive.... the stuff they sell in spain and the EU will get you drunk before you feel the funky absinthe effects....

There was a post in the substances forum a while back where I posted some good websites.... do a search.

btw... it tastes like absolute shit, even if you drinnk it like they used to, with sugar ... pouring it over a burning sugar cube, but it is kind of cool to do, and you get to look all sophisticated and shit :)

also the old absinthe was toxic (because it included wood alcohol if i remember corectly, but I may not) and is the reason it was made illegal in many places, they finally figured that out, so the modern stuff wont make you crazy like the old stuff did...... so hopefully you wont follow old earnest and try to give head to a shotgun.

Ernest hemingway? whoa....

A good friend of mine has a contact thru his family, so when I'm lucky-- once in a blue moon-- he shares it with me. Cool effect; it makes you feel like you're floating a bit, drunk, but w/out the sloshy feeling associated with regular liquor.