Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CD Players

iphoenix

I'm going to buy new cd players, but I am not sure which players I want more...

1. Technics SL-DZ1200 CD Turntable

or

2. Pioneer CDJ im not sure which version i want though, either 1000 or mayb 2000... but they arent on the pioneer pro dj site ne more so i need some opinions....

Pioneer CDJ 2000? Damn, is there such a thing?

The CDJ 1000s are definitely nice. The technics look insane. Haven't used them yet, but they're undoubtedly the most beautiful looking cd tables I've ever seen.

Not sure if you like Denon, but many people like the DN-S5000's; they're also really great.

Here is another option:

For over 3 years now I've used and sworn by the numark cdn-88 for DJs like me who spin a mixed format of house and hip-hop. The scratch effect is unreal and the user freindliness of the unit is key when blowing through tracks. The 25% pitch control lets me take a house track and make it into a hip-hop track, then speed it up during transitions. This works because of the key lock on the vocals and the triple loop feature that lets me grab a seemless loop with a very very simple in and out setting and bring the track from 100bpm to it's normal house beat. It's also extremely easy to fix the loop if it's not perfect, letting me focus more on spinning the music rather than messing with the effects. I've seen the cdn-90 but I like the 88 better. If you spin just house music, I wouldn't recomend this player. The output isn't as good as the denon and the pitch control, although it has 3 settings of 6-12-25%, is very touchy. But it is so much easier to use then the denon. It also reads cds alot quicker and isn't as picky about the condition of the cd. This helps when you're running through joints. I can play a track, eject the other track, get a cd, load it, cue it and play it in under 32 beats. Not as good as vinyl but still quick. I've had maybe 5 songs skip on me in the last 3 years working 3 nights a week. Most of the time it was my own fault. Even then, a simple one touch of the play button sent me back to my last cue point; letting me put in a new loop, find a new song and mix out. Plus the price tag is so cheap now ($600). There are more options. Most players have more flash, but this is the best bang for your buck IMO.

Here is another option:

For over 3 years now I've used and sworn by the numark cdn-88 for DJs like me who spin a mixed format of house and hip-hop. The scratch effect is unreal and the user freindliness of the unit is key when blowing through tracks. The 25% pitch control lets me take a house track and make it into a hip-hop track, then speed it up during transitions. This works because of the key lock on the vocals and the triple loop feature that lets me grab a seemless loop with a very very simple in and out setting and bring the track from 100bpm to it's normal house beat. It's also extremely easy to fix the loop if it's not perfect, letting me focus more on spinning the music rather than messing with the effects. I've seen the cdn-90 but I like the 88 better. If you spin just house music, I wouldn't recomend this player. The output isn't as good as the denon and the pitch control, although it has 3 settings of 6-12-25%, is very touchy. But it is so much easier to use then the denon. It also reads cds alot quicker and isn't as picky about the condition of the cd. This helps when you're running through joints. I can play a track, eject the other track, get a cd, load it, cue it and play it in under 32 beats. Not as good as vinyl but still quick. I've had maybe 5 songs skip on me in the last 3 years working 3 nights a week. Most of the time it was my own fault. Even then, a simple one touch of the play button sent me back to my last cue point; letting me put in a new loop, find a new song and mix out. Plus the price tag is so cheap now ($600). There are more options. Most players have more flash, but this is the best bang for your buck IMO.

I agree 110% I've never used those expensive cd players though but my numark cdn 88 gets the job done, i also have 2 numark axis 9's as well and they are even better. and u can't beat the price. 2 numark axis 9's are 310 a piece hookedontronics.com

cdj 1000s are club standard, the best IMO. But the 800's is awesoem as well. If you're not gonna be scratching though, Pioneer makes an awesoem dual cd player....the cmx 300. Its basically two cdj800's function for function, but without the big platter....and only like $800 for two decks.