Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuck Ultra, pacifiers, glowsticks, cheese and Vicks inhalers...

philippio

:isok: the force is strong with you Jedi Funk! One day, you'll be able to harness its full potential. See you on the dancefloor. :D

I'll be wearing a the same yellow trenchcoat and shovel from last year, make sure to pass by our table, we'll have full bar and smoked salmon patté.

9001C-Y.jpg

Phil,

Even though Ultra aint your thing (it ain't mine either trust me) You really shouldn't hate on it. With the government trying clamp down on EDM events there are a lot of promoters that are not willing to risk throwing raves or any all ages events. Without events like Ultra there would be hardly any exposure to help grow the scene by turning people on to something other then the crap MTV and the radio are pushing.

The way I look at events like Ultra and different Genres of EDM that are more accessible to people who have not had that much exposure to Electronic forms of music is that it acts like a gateway to different sounds. Because once you get introduced to Electronic music there are so many different paths you can take. Me for example I got turned onto Electronic music 12 years ago at the Edge in Ft. Lauderdale. I was a young buck who used to sit out in the parking lot till 3:00am so I could get in (the club turned all ages at 3). And I think the sound I'm into has changed quite a bit from then till now (hopefully for the better Ha, Ha). )

I'm sure you know someone who not till long ago used to go to Ultra and listen to the PVD's, Oakies and Tiesto's that is now turned on to the more soulful sounds of Lust, Aquabooty and other cool parties that don't have a mainstream sound or vibe. They probablly even make T shirts proclaiming their love for soulful house ;). See right there is a perfect example of how events like Ultra and more mainstream sounds benefit all genres of dance music.

All I'm tryin to do is show you a different perspective on Ultra. It ain't the right perspective or the wrong perspective just different. There shouldn't be hate in house music thats what Hip Hop is for.

Peace

Reza

Oh yeah, when you gonna hook a brova up with a CD?

Phil,

Even though Ultra aint your thing (it ain't mine either trust me) You really shouldn't hate on it. With the government trying clamp down on EDM events there are a lot of promoters that are not willing to risk throwing raves or any all ages events. Without events like Ultra there would be hardly any exposure to help grow the scene by turning people on to something other then the crap MTV and the radio are pushing.

The way I look at events like Ultra and different Genres of EDM that are more accessible to people who have not had that much exposure to Electronic forms of music is that it acts like a gateway to different sounds. Because once you get introduced to Electronic music there are so many different paths you can take. Me for example I got turned onto Electronic music 12 years ago at the Edge in Ft. Lauderdale. I was a young buck who used to sit out in the parking lot till 3:00am so I could get in (the club turned all ages at 3). And I think the sound I'm into has changed quite a bit from then till now (hopefully for the better Ha, Ha). )

I'm sure you know someone who not till long ago used to go to Ultra and listen to the PVD's, Oakies and Tiesto's that is now turned on to the more soulful sounds of Lust, Aquabooty and other cool parties that don't have a mainstream sound or vibe. They probablly even make T shirts proclaiming their love for soulful house ;). See right there is a perfect example of how events like Ultra and more mainstream sounds benefit all genres of dance music.

All I'm tryin to do is show you a different perspective on Ultra. It ain't the right perspective or the wrong perspective just different. There shouldn't be hate in house music thats what Hip Hop is for.

Peace

Reza

Oh yeah, when you gonna hook a brova up with a CD?

Well said Reza. BTW Nice meeting you this past week :D :D

Thanks Alan it was very cool meeting you as well. Sunday morning was a bit hazy for me. Gonna come check you out one of these fridays at the Chesterfield.

Damn, Sunday morning, that's what I call finishing off the conference in style!

We're off this week (at least I am) then I need to get with James to see what our plan is going forward, but def stop by sometime :D