Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club help for New York first timer!

Hello all

Just found your site while searching for info on the NY club scene as I'm flying out on Wednesday morning with my best mate. We're from London, UK

I was hoping someone could give us some help on the best places to go. We'll be in Manhattan from 30th - 5th April.

I'm really into the deep/jazzy/latin/soulful house scene (Louie Vega, David Morales, Dimitri from Paris, etc etc)

My mate is into the hip-hop/R&B scene

Any top examples of these places would be great. Do the venues have official sites so I can chase guest lists in advance?

THANKS!

David Morales is at crobar tonight. you just missed em. Here are some of the parties when u are here. u can thank elevatedflow for putting together teh list. The big clubs are Crobar(awesome sound) Spirit(very good sound), and Avalon(Don't like sound system). edit: crobar usually has hiphop in the beginning of the night in the lounge. Same goes for Avalon and sometimes spirit.

[03/31/05 - Thursday] | Chus & Ceballos @ Canal Room

[03/31/05 - Thursday] | Adam Beyer @ Sullivan Room

[04/01/05 - Friday] | Sasha & John Digweed @ Crobar

[04/01/05 - Friday] | Hector Romero @ Sullivan Room

[04/01/05 - Friday] | John '00' Fleming @ Avalon

[04/01/05 - Friday] | Cosmic Gate @ Webster Hall

[04/01/05 - Friday] | Cari Lekebusch @ Canal Room

[04/01/05 - Friday] | Randall Jones & Jody Wisternoff @ Cellar Bar

[04/02/05 - Saturday] | David Morales @ Crobar

[04/02/05 - Saturday] | Junior Vasquez @ Spirit

[04/02/05 - Saturday] | Tedd Paterson @ Cielo

[04/02/05 - Saturday] | Bad Boy Bill @ Avalon

[04/01/05 - Friday] | Sasha & John Digweed @ Crobar

this one is going to be amazing and amazingly crowded.

Also, if you're into deep house, you should check out Shelter with Timmy Regisford. I don't think the night is very famous overseas but it's the NY fixture for Deep House (ala morales/vega/knuckles). They go late in the morning on sunday so you can consider that afterhours (5am-not sure when they close).

Joe Claussell stops by sometimes, they have the folks of Blaze there often...very ny underground house.

www.clubshelter.com

On Mondays you have to check out Francois K at Cielo for his deepspace night (it won tons of awards, it's very good). It's very open musically so you and your friend should be cool www.deepspace-nyc.com

SHELTER is the deephouse mecca of nyc, 14yrs of providing soulful deephouse and dance classics with some latin and african rhythms. Its sat night 11pm till sunday afternoon 1pm. TIMMY REGISFORD and STING INTERNATIONAL are the residents. April 1st DAVID MORALES will be at CROBAR but i must warn you he doesnt play the samestyle you might be accustom to, sadly. LOUIE VEGA every weds is at CIELO, april 2nd TEDD PATTERSON is also at CIELO go tehre first then go to SHELTER sun JOE CLAUSSELL will be at LOVE and Mon the 4th FRANCOIS K will be at CIELO as well.