Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carry-On @ AAA review

renzo2

James > anyone else

He never ceases to amaze me. What I love about James is that he always looks like he's having more fun than anyone there. THIS IS WHAT EVERY DJ SHOULD STRIVE TO BE LIKE. Most DJs look like they're constipated when they spin.

Robophobia! :eek::bounce::eek:

Him and Cattaneo were tag-teaming for a bit, and Cattaneo was actually keeping up. Very nice.

Then came Lavelle. His first 25 minutes or were ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS. He played non-electronic music (yes, rub your eyes and read that again).

Ok, let's review: This is Winter Music Conference. People came to hear electronic music - not 80's crap mixed in with some newer...ummmm...crap that sounded worse than two cats having sex.

If you're gonna attempt to play non-electronic music, please make sure the tracks DO NOT suck more than some of the whores I met this weekend. You guys have no idea what this did to the party. People were looking at each other and saying, "wtf?! did we enter the Kenny Rogers concert by mistake?" Yes, that bad. :no:

After he decided that he had tortured us all enough, he got a bit better. But the damage was done.

Then Sasha came on, and he was pretty good. He even played some Swedish house mafia records. I stayed 'til about 4 a.m., right before Diggers got on.

I COMPLETELY AGREE, with everything Renzo has stated.........I happened to be in the hallway when the WTF moment in Music occurred, after those 25 minutes of whatever the fuck that was ended then the shit got NASTY!!!!

So I back Renzo up 100% on this :pint: !!!

I think Hernan and James did the best out of everyone. Sasha's mixing was alllllllll over the place. Don't know if I am the only one that noticed this but..........ohh well. We are all human and we all make mistakes.

I didn't enjoy it !

I think Hernan and James did the best out of everyone. Sasha's mixing was alllllllll over the place. Don't know if I am the only one that noticed this but..........ohh well. We are all human and we all make mistakes.

I didn't enjoy it !

I agree i think the music was sub-par, I think it had alot to due with the event starting an hour-two hours later than it was supposed to. I didnt care for Hernans-James tag teaming at all. James Lavelle was horrid. Sasha's ableton/laptop set sounded distorted at times and didnt go anywhere, i think digweed's mixing was decent but again didnt have enough time to throw down a proper set. still had a great time with my freinds though....

I went to the drum n' bass patio after Lavelle came on, wow, has he lost his edge! Glad I did, Dieselboy couldn't make it, so after Roni Size played for an hour or so, he teamed up and JAMMED for hours with Rozell (beatbox), and one of his(rozell) DJs from the RockSteady crew. He made a point to thank us for putting up with him for so long, the crowd was more than happy with this turn of fate. He played all forms of Dn'B, and chatted about it as we went, like Dn'B 101. It was definitely one of the unexpected perks that frequently happens during wmc.

James Z. is fab, and I actually anjoyed seeing Hernon for the first time. They had a killer track selection. Seeing the lights in such a large venue was, well, cool as fuck! :biggrin:

I don't think the party was worth as much as they charged, IMO.