Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Reborn Webster Hall's April Line UP!!!

im saying tho man dont u think its a LITTLE late to bring in hard trance talent??? if they would have brought them in during the mecca of hard/tech trance back a few years ago they would have had a packed house. people are affraid of going to webster now....i think its a great effort..but quite risky taking into regard the timing.....im not ashamed to say i have records from Kai Tracid in particular cuz i was a hard trance/epic trance guy in those days...but my tastes have changed. getting older i guess but whatever i still respect. i just think they should have done it back in the day....i honestly dont think that these DJ's will get the appreciation they deserve coming at this time, but whatever...best of luck to them, whatever someone can do to bring SOME kind of scene back to NYC is fine by me.

I'm just a little confused as to why some people think there is no trance scene in NYC. Have you been out on a night a Trance/Hard Trance DJ is playing? I know I said this in an earlier post, but its always packed, and judging from the DJs that are coming to town in the next few weeks you have to believe that there is at least some sort of demand for Trance. I would agree that Trance is not as big here as in Europe, and there is definitely more of a variety in NYC. However I dont believe that Trance is "so 4 years" ago like some people say. Trance is around and probably always will be.

People need to just chill out, the bottom line is Kai tracid has never been here right?

So let me ask you this, who are you to say they we SO 5 years ago, I bet the closest youve came from hearing them recently, or even back then, was where when you were at that event, whats it called? Kazza?

thats like saying they were never here ever, but they were in there prime 5 years ago so NEVER bring them, so the fans of them past and now, will never be able to see them. stupid.

Im all for seeing them, im a fan of them and I want to atleast see them one time in my life, if i cant go overseas to just see them.

Go back under your rock I mean no... your right NY is defiantly all about trance.

Didnt say NY is definitely all about Trance, read the entire post. Just said that there are many people that enjoy it, and many venues that play it. Your just a typical hater who cant stand that people enjoy OTHER types of genres.

people are trying to throw trance parties why do you feel the need to bash?? just bc you stopped listening to trance when the trance phase ended in nyc doesnt mean everyone else did.. so take it easy on the hating.. someone's trying to d something positive for trance fans... you, as a dj in nyc, should respect it.. not bash it...

yea.. the gooks still love it

I'm just a little confused as to why some people think there is no trance scene in NYC. Have you been out on a night a Trance/Hard Trance DJ is playing? I know I said this in an earlier post, but its always packed, and judging from the DJs that are coming to town in the next few weeks you have to believe that there is at least some sort of demand for Trance. I would agree that Trance is not as big here as in Europe, and there is definitely more of a variety in NYC. However I dont believe that Trance is "so 4 years" ago like some people say. Trance is around and probably always will be.

as much as i dont like what is coming out of deepspells mouth, most of it is true, unfortunately.. hard trance acts like cosmic gate, dumonde, talla2xl, scot project wont draw that big a crowd.. the trance acts that get huge crowds are people like pvd, avb, tiesto, oakie etc. etc. everybody and their mother listens to those dudes.. people arent as exposed to cosmic gate and johan as they are pvd and tiesto over here in the states.. i went to dumonde over the summer and the turnout was weak!!! i thought it was going to sellout and maybe 250 people showed up... im going to cosmic gate without a doubt bc they are just the shit... i really hope the turnout is good but we will see... good luck to the promoters i would like to see this party take off..

as much as i dont like what is coming out of deepspells mouth, most of it is true, unfortunately.. hard trance acts like cosmic gate, dumonde, talla2xl, scot project wont draw that big a crowd.. the trance acts that get huge crowds are people like pvd, avb, tiesto, oakie etc. etc. everybody and their mother listens to those dudes.. people arent as exposed to cosmic gate and johan as they are pvd and tiesto over here in the states.. i went to dumonde over the summer and the turnout was weak!!! i thought it was going to sellout and maybe 250 people showed up... im going to cosmic gate without a doubt bc they are just the shit... i really hope the turnout is good but we will see... good luck to the promoters i would like to see this party take off..

wasnt trying to start any beef dude....i just call it like i see it....

its unfortunate that acts liek that dont get more exposure but people are set in their ways.....i also wish the promoters luck....anyone who has the balls to try and do something different for one should get props... :beer:

wasnt trying to start any beef dude....i just call it like i see it....

its unfortunate that acts liek that dont get more exposure but people are set in their ways.....i also wish the promoters luck....anyone who has the balls to try and do something different for one should get props... :beer:

no, i realize what you were saying wasn't starting beef, just speaking the truth... which unfortunately, in this case, makes sense... but we will see... i know me and my stepbro are going.. hopefully it'll be nicely filled... i heard the ad on ktu just now... sounds hot

The Dumond party was at Shelter, hardly the most inticing venue for many people. Also, I was talking about Trance acts overall being more popluar than some people say. However, you may be right about the lesser known acts not drawing huge crowds, but then again in most genres you wont get a huge turnout for a lesser known act. Basically what I have been trying to say is that Trance is not dead in NYC as a few people on these boards say.

dude.....look at my sig....i spin on an all trance station.....

i did an all trance show the other day....

i STILL listen to trance....

how is saying that they are booking these guys too late constitute bashing? why didnt WH book Kai Tracid in the "prime" of hard trance which was 2001-2002....im just stating the truth son...

do a little research before u come at me chief....not trying to beef....just letting u know what the deal is before u put your foot in your mouth a little more :aright:

he loves putting his foot in his mouth either there or in his azz.... :makeout:

The trance "scene" in NY looks like this:

PVD

Tiesto

Armin

Oakie

J00F

Ferry

In my opinion this hardly qualifies as a scene because 100% of the talent is imported. Other genres like House & Techno have talent at the superstar, mid-level, & local level. If I want to hear some minimal techno on a wednesday night, there will be a party that can accomodate me. I can check out house events any day of the week. Trance, however is pretty much non existant here outside of the names mentioned above. Because of that, when one of these guys comes to town it will be packed because that's all there is to look forward too with the exception of an occasional Tsunami party...

That's why people say there isn't much of a trance scene in nyc...

you give yourself too much credit there...i wouldnt touch your rectum with a 10 foot pole DANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

lol... speaking of putting my foot in my mouth... and this is why posting after a few drinks is a bad idea my friends...

starscream, you know what i mean..