Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help!

dslee

Me and my girl are going to be in LA the weekend of 4/8 + 4/9. We are music buffs looking for a great time. We like everything from 80's metal to modern rock, etc... Back in the day, The Roxy, The Whiskey, and the Troubador were cool places.

Agree disagree? Also, what is a good way to get on some lists so we are not hanging outside waiting with the 18 year olds...

PS: We are staying at the Mondrian...

if you are at the mondrian check the house of blues to see what's happening there. it's right across the street. www.hob.com

as for the roxy, troub, whisky, they are still good spots. i'm usually at one or more at least once a week. mostly the troub.

lists? well i'm in the music business so i'm taken care of most of the time. if you aren't i'm not sure what you should do. maybe hit up lalate, he's got lists for spots i think?

have fun out here. the weather's finally drying up and looking like la again!

Me and my girl are going to be in LA the weekend of 4/8 + 4/9. We are music buffs looking for a great time. We like everything from 80's metal to modern rock, etc... Back in the day, The Roxy, The Whiskey, and the Troubador were cool places.

Agree disagree? Also, what is a good way to get on some lists so we are not hanging outside waiting with the 18 year olds...

PS: We are staying at the Mondrian...

If you like Guns n Roses n similar, hit up Saddle Rack, walking distance. And cab it over to Rainbow, where Im at at least several times a month. The irish coffee, italian sausage sandwich, pizza, and chicken soup are real friggen good, reasonably priced. You always meet cool peeps - I met this hottie from Seattle when I was there. Same night, Motley Crue called ahead and was on there way. Both places - you just walk up, everyone gets in, bamn, done.

LA Late's right. Saddle Ranch is great, and so is Rainbow. That place has more rock history than just about any other restaurant in LA, or the world for that matter. You can barely take a shot without elbowing an AC/DC roadie who'll tell you all kinds of stories over some Jack Daniels. It's a must.

Memorable Rainbow experience ....

What appeared to be a very drunk very famous rocker .. talll.... 6'6+ ... started swaying like the wind standing next to me in the back room. My buddy grabbed my arm and said run for the door, the guy is gonna fall. I wasn't nor more than 4 feet away and the rocker collapsed on some small tourist dude. It was like a tree collapsing lol.