Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good raves/clubs in Texas?

I just moved to Austin, Texas and I heard there was a badass rave scene, but there doesn't seem to be one anymore. Does anyone know where to go to listen to some damn good house/trance (and roll, hehe)?

most of the scene died about three years ago like it did in New Orleans because of the two states pushing the crackhouse law on promoters & venues that were busted.. but there is still a small underground..

check out Feedback magazine and the local "city-link" style paper and also with the guys at Alien records & waterloo.. if you go to waterloo tell D. Lewis "B-SIDE sent you"..

hope this helps

Peace,

B~

• 2 weeks later...

To the gal in plano, have you found anything yet? I heard of some shows at clubs nearby, depending on the djs sometimes theres a good turnout . I think houston and san antonio have more than plano and austin. i'd check for stuff there, but it is a longer drive. though the plus side is there are good connections in houston for party favors. :biggrin:

To the gal in plano, have you found anything yet? I heard of some shows at clubs nearby, depending on the djs sometimes theres a good turnout . I think houston and san antonio have more than plano and austin. i'd check for stuff there, but it is a longer drive. though the plus side is there are good connections in houston for party favors. :biggrin:

duh houston and san antonio have more, they are metropolises! I believe dallas is the closest city to plano or austin, why dont u check out the scene there