Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anybody hear of a thing called rational recovery

Do you think that NA or AA work?? I know a few ppl in AA and they still haven't kicked their addictions...maybe its bc they HAVE to go to meetings as opposed to wanting to..its sad, but it seems to me that the only thing its good for is making connections..

I like how its unconventional and tells the truth about going to recovery groups/shrinks...how you have to want to do it on your own...they seem to have a much better philosophy than AA...do you know anyone who's tried this?

my friend is using it for drinking..he was in outpatient rehab..dropped it and is doing this..so far so good..its been only a week+ though...

i liek that it gives you self control...and empowers you

there's different options for successful recovery.. the highest percentage recovery rate for addicts is usually the traditional NA/AA approach.

i do like the non traditional approaches.. i considered going to some when i read their methods online (i never got around to it, that's another story) anyway.. research has documented much lower percentages for all the other stuff like "multiple paths" "Women for sobriety".. "smart recovery" etc.

what's their success rate?

dunno..

i dont think you could ever give a success rate for any rehab...

u would have to base it on 1 yr 5 yr, 10 yr...and also control who comes in..

with NA so many people come in once and never again..is that considered a failure...

with manipulating statistics..anythign could have a high success rate

anyway, if youre looking for help other than NA, i have other resources:

www.womenforsobriety.org

www.smartrecovery.org

focuses on self, i like this approach a lot, you can print out sheets to work on and there's an easy map to learn and follow their method.

www.secularsobriety.org

another one that focuses on the "self"

www.unhooked.com

i also have links for other kinds of addiction, if anyone's interested ..on gambling, food, sex, shopping etc.