Clubplanet Nightlife Community

VYBE RADIO MIAMI 1300 am

jonpito

station went up 2 days ago

still in the process of expanding to other transmiters across dade county and afiliated transmiters covering san fransisco.sound will inprove in the coming weeks.atthe time sounds best around downtown,the grove, biscayne. is It reaching U?

Legal by fcc standards, soon looking for djs,advertisers, and venues to air from live. Brought to you by the same people known as "THE ALIEN SIGNAL".

VYBE Radio 1300 AM

JONPITO

www.electrodancemusic.com

vybe radio 1300 am

Destune records

yes they do.

All the legalities are taken care of. If not they wouldnt of done this and wouldnt have the support by so many people.Not just pockets of the dance community, but large parts of the Latin,gay, african american community and some politicians. At the moment it is running on a computer and may run into some technical dificulties. But a week or so all should be fine.

Over the years there has been so many non locals coming to miami, We as locals understand if they dont know the roots of Miami dance music pre-1995.

Vybe radio came in and wants to change all that.they were the ones out there back in the day before Miami even had a trance scene. Parties at the boo and suporting so many underground rave promoters.Before Power 96 even played a "trance" record or the thought of party 93 even existed.They were around before the 90's in the depth of Electro,Freestyle and Bass.To this day they still remember and recognize people from all the scenes.

One of the main focus of vybe radio will be shinning light on the locals, the djs, the vocalist, the clubs that are changing the sound and direction of Miami. Many who had to go outside of miami to break first.

If you need more info on legalities etc, there is someone else that handles all questions regarding that. We just been called to promote and take care of other aspects. They have the reasons.

more will be posted soon.

As of April 8 2005

Due to the non suport of some minor pockets of the dance community in Miami, people ego's and arrogance; the board of VYBE radio 1300 Am started trying out a new format of 30's and 40's Swing and Big Band mixed with some rag time. Miami's dance and club sound of many many decades past. The responce has been a huge unexpected one,coming from a growing market of listeners in their early 20's through late 40's. This has also awaken many parts of other communities also in suport for this change, wanting the change to stay. However the VYBE is still looking to fill a void in Dance music radio, even if it is on a AM station.

Before the VYBE 1300 AM decides on its final format and sets up transmiters across dade county,fix it's signals, as well as continue its plans to transmit through internet and podcasting (I-pod), they would like the feedback and view from listeners or those who would be listeners.

call 1-800-610-5238

and say speak your mind. DANCE or SWING.

House, progressive,Breaks,electro,disco,freestyle or Jazz,swing,rag Time,Bigband etc

Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Dance music in mono. Oh boy, I'm gonna toss out my XM receiver and Archos for that. 1964 here I come.

It's all going to sound like the soundtrack from "Hair"

Honestly...we're pretty fucked up if the only dance radio station we deserve is in A.M.

Miami...I mean, one of the meccas of dance music in the world? :)

Umm no. I'd say we're ahead of the curve since most people in Miami realize the best way to hear dance music is by going out, or getting off of the satellites or Internet stations. Screw analog radio.

Umm no. I'd say we're ahead of the curve since most people in Miami realize the best way to hear dance music is by going out, or getting off of the satellites or Internet stations. Screw analog radio.

No doubt about the first part of your answer...but I'm still trying to make sense of why would anyone play tracks that are recorded digitally on an analog, mono, low-fi signal...I mean, isn't it a bit of an insult to everyone's intelligence...including Timmmaaaaayyy's???

No doubt about the first part of your answer...but I'm still trying to make sense of why would anyone play tracks that are recorded digitally on an analog, mono, low-fi signal...I mean, isn't it a bit of an insult to everyone's intelligence...including Timmmaaaaayyy's???

No, because you see...AM is the FM of tomorrow and digital is going away :)

Well Pod, I see that you post about lo-fi and digital well your XM is a digital signal but it's not for sound improvement it's for channel spacing, you see the audio regardless is analog because the human can not hear digital also AM can sound better with full bandwidth but because of a law we can't. FM has a bandwidth of audio of 50 to 12khz so does XM "if it is not the FM modulator type" AM broadcasts 50 to 10.2khz or 50 to 7khz if you were to listen to an AM signal that is broadcasting upto 10.2 on a wideband receiver you can't tell the difference at all.

most clubbers can't hear beyond 12khz to 15khz anyway due to high levels of SPL's

I can't hear beyond 17khz because spinning for 24 years, 15 of those in clubs.

anyways

under part15 that is how we can get the coverage on AM by link and syncing transmitters.

regards

Maurizio

Timmmaaayyyy!

I don't know shit about hxx and mgz and all that

all I know is AM sounds like crap

I grew up listened to AM in California. We had a station out of Tijuana that was so powerful you could here it 3/4 ways up the state of Cali. Their transformers were something like 5 times the legal size in the US and guess what

I sounded like shit.

That doesn't mean I won't check your station out.

If I was trying to play for the world, I would do everthing in my power to get a channel on one of the satelite stations.. Way more future.

Not trying to take away a dream. Satelite= no fcc. Best of luck.

i wish i was in tiajuana

eating barbequed iguana

i take requests on the telephone

i'm on a wavelength far from home

i feel a hot wind on my shoulder

i dial it in from the south of the border

i hear the talking of the dj

can't understand, just what does he say?

i'm on a mexican radio

i wish i was in tiajuana

eating barbequed iguana

i take requests on the telephone

i'm on a wavelength far from home

i feel a hot wind on my shoulder

i dial it in from the south of the border

i hear the talking of the dj

can't understand, just what does he say?

i'm on a mexican radio

i understand just a little

no comprende - it's a riddle

:biggrin:

The sound is cause the AM receivers are limited to the frequency response on the audio but if you get a wideband AM recever it will sound like FM XM and sirus radio can limit their audio response also to 7.5khz and it will sound like AM.