Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A Review Of Mark Farina's Mushroom Jazz 5

housedivision

I've been thinking a lot lately about musically who do I truely enjoy as far as an artist in any genere of music that I'm never disappointed in.... and I must say it is Mr. Farina. I've been enjoying his music now for over a decade. I can't remember at anytime whether it be live, tape or disc that I've ever been disappointed, or bored in something that he has put out.

This seems to once again be the case with Mark Farina's next installment of the Mushroom Jazz series.

I'm not going to be long winded. Just do yourself a favor and pick it up and drop it like it's hot. :pint:

peace

I have to agree with you.

mostly.

The cd is great and proves once again why he is the downtempo/acid jazz king.

I love #5 as much as the four before it.

BUT,

his live house sets have been uninspired for the last two years. i've seen him 4 times in that time period and he disapionted every time.

gutted.

I have to agree with you.

mostly.

The cd is great and proves once again why he is the downtempo/acid jazz king.

I love #5 as much as the four before it.

BUT,

his live house sets have been uninspired for the last two years. i've seen him 4 times in that time period and he disapionted every time.

gutted.

Funny you say that. I went to Sf. a year ago after W.M.C. and heard him play and I left 5 records into his set. He played alot of stuff he made. I wasn't feel it, but I thought it was because I was exstreamly tired. Either way I'm sure he's going to throw it down up in Tampa on the 16th :)

I would still put him up against any house dj on any day though. Except for maybe Jeno. :pint:

jeno's the man! i really wish aquabooty would bring him back. that night at rain was absolute bliss.

oh and if u want to buy the MJ5 vinyl - http://www.juno.co.uk/products/171847-01.htm

:)

Dude, you were there too. I actually followed him up to tampa to see him perform the next night. un funking believeable. :clap2:

Nobody really know's about him. I guess it's a west coast thang

:pint:

Ya Mark Farina is the man. I love all of the Mushroom jazz compliations and his live set from OM has to be one of my favourite cds in 2004. I will say that the album that he put out last year (airplane? airport? something like that) sucked major ass. I found it to be very dry and boring. I don't find he productions to be as interesting as his mixing skills. Definately going to pic up the new Mushroom Jazz though :clap2:

Dude, you were there too. I actually followed him up to tampa to see him perform the next night. un funking believeable. :clap2:

Nobody really know's about him. I guess it's a west coast thang

:pint:

his set was one of the best live sets i've ever heard. he had me moving the entire night. jeno and fish go deep were two of aquabooty's top parties ever thrown...at least musically for my taste.

i agree that not many know about him. mainly because he hardly ever makes it down here. i'm a big fan of the wicked crew.

his set was one of the best live sets i've ever heard. he had me moving the entire night. jeno and fish go deep were two of aquabooty's top parties ever thrown...at least musically for my taste.

i agree that not many know about him. mainly because he hardly ever makes it down here. i'm a big fan of the wicked crew.

I grew up with the wicked crew. Jeno, markie, garth, tomas and even Doc . Good to hear somebody that knows whats up. :pint:

Ya Mark Farina is the man. I love all of the Mushroom jazz compliations and his live set from OM has to be one of my favourite cds in 2004. I will say that the album that he put out last year (airplane? airport? something like that) sucked major ass. I found it to be very dry and boring. I don't find he productions to be as interesting as his mixing skills. Definately going to pic up the new Mushroom Jazz though :clap2:

Couple of tracks I liked on Air Farina. Your right though some of his Production work is quite strange.

I grew up with the wicked crew. Jeno, markie, garth, tomas and even Doc . Good to hear somebody that knows whats up. :pint:

u know it!

man i used to travel to gainesville for simons all the time just to hear markie, garth and doc. they would never make their way down to miami. those early to mid 90's were the shit in lamesville.

u know it!

man i used to travel to gainesville for simons all the time just to hear markie, garth and doc. they would never make their way down to miami. those early to mid 90's were the shit in lamesville.

quoted for truth!!

those parties are what did me in.

after that it was ALL house for me.

remember chang? and when three actually hooked it up?

oh man... those were the days...SOL HOUSE!