Clubplanet Nightlife Community

reviews of derrick carter?

anybody here make it for derrick carter & yousef last night?

i did & id like to hear your views.

I thought DC was great, like 3+ hours straight of boompty funky house.

his use of samples & mixing diff tunes together in unexpected ways is just genius, always keeping that inner groove of hard funk house.

didnt recognize as many vocals or hooks as in sm of his sets iot was just straight up funky hopue for hours, i loved it from like 2-5 am.

yousef was a perfect opener, a little more poppy with his funky house but he is a dj to be respected too, great house grooves and no gimmicks mixing.

I wish I had more to say about the sets-- i was at 2 clubs beforehand, and the middle club was open bar so i slammed like 7 screwdrivers back to back and by the time i got to crobar i was feeling no pain.

still danced from like 1-ish to 5-ish when DC winded down [i think] with more techy/minimal/electro house that was a bit hard for my head after his syncopated groovy house set

anyway rating derrick **** out of a possible 5 stars.

curious what others thought & if they can remind me of other stuff i forgot in my vodka haze. ?

He was late.. for one thing..

but when he started playing he had me dancing..

There was one song that he played.. With a sax involved, i don't know the name of it.. But i had to dance to it.. And my knee was on critical..

Very good.. got to hear him again

He was late.. for one thing..

but when he started playing he had me dancing..

There was one song that he played.. With a sax involved, i don't know the name of it.. But i had to dance to it.. And my knee was on critical..

Very good.. got to hear him again

well yousef held it down til about 2:.

thats about when a co-headliner comes on.

it is nice when the headliner comes on at 1:

but DC played from 2-5:30, I was more than happy with his set 7 hope he comes back to crobar soon.