Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TRANCE or HOUSE

mjm

that was classic, Funk... the tones were incomparable. the overlapping arpeggios were pure genius. such hidden talent.... imma' call Perfecto right now and tell them about how they missed the boat....

Pretty cool , hu? Those were the times...nothing like old school trance :biggrin:

sup jimmy. long time no talk.

True like u said it was the beginning for some people. I have always liked EDM, its just i really never knew where to go & listen to that type of music until I came across one club.

WHICH ONE CLUB BACK IN THE DAYS AROUND 99-00, 01 WAS ONE OF THE HOTTEST TRANCE NIGHTSPOTS IN SOBE??

You can ask a shit load of peeps what was one of hottest nightspots back in the day when Space was just gettng started on SOBE. I'm not gonna answer I just wanna see who knowS what that place was. Then there was Level.

I had in both venues the most incredicle times i think i will ever have in a club listening to trance. I miss those days.

Grant it, the music style may have stayed the same & people started losing interest, but there are other aspects as to why trance died out. I see it as the bad fame it got & for the stereotyping the trance scene got & made it seem that the house scene was in nowhere near in comparison to the trance scene. People hear Bash on the trance scene again making it seem that house has stayed on top because of its style. I really think not.

IF someone really liked a style of music mainly trance-

WHY WOULDN'T THEY COME BACK OUT TO SHOW SUPPPORT FOR THE TYPE OF MUSIC THE WERE DIEHARD FANS OF??

Instead day in & day out trance thread after trance thread we get the ones who onced like trance Bashing on it for what? To prove what point that they are hypocrites?? i mean come on be for real.

so i say again.

Lets analyze the bashing on trance:

every trance bashing post is about kiddie ravers/ glowstix/ doing drugs & this & that.

So what about the HOUSE scene??

YOU SEE EVERYONE HAS POINTED OUT THERE OPINIONS ON EITHER SCENE WHETHER IT BE TRANCE OR HOUSE. WHICH IS PARTIALLYWHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. I'M SIMPLY POSTING ON THE STEREOTYPING TRANCE GETS.

sup manny ! :)

i hear what your saying dude... i just dont understand the point of this thread/ debate... i mean do you really care what the "househeads" think about trance?? do the "househeads" really care what you think about house??

djkable put it best "why do you feel the need to defend a genre" ?

sup manny ! :)

i hear what your saying dude... i just dont understand the point of this thread/ debate... i mean do you really care what the "househeads" think about trance?? do the "househeads" really care what you think about house??

I think Manny's thread was well funded, his curiosity was directed at trancehouseheads who used to like house and are now converted to trance...I mean, it is a good subject for a thread...to know what made them change from one genre to the other.

I think it's all the same, but in a dfferent intensity and for different case scenarios...wen I want my trance i get my trance, when i want my house I get house...and so on...music is freedom.

:)

before you start pointing fingers, as if you know me so well.... you picked a single part out of what i was saying, yet failed conveniently to include the rest... ie: i admitted that there are few that are pushing the genre in an avant-garde direction.

you call me "ignorant", yet deny the existence of the preformatted direction most trance has taken. interesting...

i'm too lazy to look for it? such is not the case... and even if it was - who has to look for it, when it's force-fed in so many places i stop in regarding anything even related to electronic music? unless you are with me each day in the record stores and online searches, how would you know a single thing about my browsing practices?

you're right about comparing today's trance to yesterday's...except i have a complete opposite opinion of why that is... as i mentioned before, to me, it's been an abated process... why mention the tracks from years ago? because tracks like that still hold their value. a lot of today's trance is easily forgettable because of consistent redundancy from one track to the next...

again, that's my opinion. i obviously don't get worked up about this kind of stuff like you do. i don't feel the need to defend my preferred genre(s)... i love music. and i love listening and playing many various forms of it. i formulate my own opinions, not based on others'. i don't expect you to like/dislike the same things i do... but there's no basis to come at me as if i'm some "bandwagon" jumper... (speaking of, how many times has that term been used in reference to this type of discussion on this board?....who's jumpin' on and screwin' the tuba now?)...

i "dont" know you so well .. and didnt pretent to either .. but when you come on here and say shit like you said.. it gives off a pretty good impression of what you are pulling at. and for your information im not worked up at all .. just stating facts .. and as far as tracks today not standing out ?? lol dude are you serious ? you have the right to your opinions and to like what you like of coarse . but to come on here and to sorta trash a genre just cause "YOU" dont like it anymore cause you "THINK" its washed out or whatever term you wanna use .. c'mon ! you dont call that ignorant ? i do . and like i said before .. when trance was the shit down here in miami i'll agree that alot of shit came out and alot of crappy dj's were playing crap .. thats why like i said. if you kept it real and just followed the good ones like i chose to, then you woulda known that there are alot of dj's still and even then that "WERE" playing really great music. you just developed another taste .. that is all .. but that in no way means that trance either died or went downhill or whatever you wanna say .. cause if we are gonna go into that , well , then there are alot of house , breaks , d n b and whatever dj's all over the place here in miami .(im not gonna mention names) but believe me .. its flooded and some even have residencies in places and play shit i wouldnt be caught dead listening to . but they play commercial shit that the musically un-educated people just love .. same shit happened with trance .. alot of dj's playing crap came out that played shit those same people loved.. untill those people found something new to follow and left those dj's playing the cheese and have everyone judge trance on the crap those people were spinning . for example . geaorge acosta .. was great at one point and took a nose dive ! why ?? cause he got greedy and decided he wanted to please the commercial crowd instead of staying true to the music he loved !! that sucked cause imo he was really good at one point .. but in the long run selling out like he did hurt him dearly. and lost alot of fans , gigs all of that shit . now if you listen to one of his sets hes doin a great job and playing only quality music. but imo its too late .. he killed his name . but there were many that stayed true to their music !! those are the ones i chose to listen too.

but to come on here and to sorta trash a genre just cause "YOU" dont like it anymore cause you "THINK" its washed out or whatever term you wanna use .. c'mon ! you dont call that ignorant ? i do .

ok, so i'm ignorant because i have an opinion... heh.

but yet, you've re-interpreted and regurgitated my opinions to fit your argument...even though i told you more than once that there are in fact positive movements happening within the genre.

if you kept it real and just followed the good ones like i chose to, then you woulda known that there are alot of dj's still and even then that "WERE" playing really great music...

and here you basically tell me that i should have the same taste in music as you... or at least, follow the same route in preference over time as you....

that's so ignorant in its' own right....

i'm done with this....there's really nothing more to discuss.

"keep it real" lol...

:knife:

ok, so i'm ignorant because i have an opinion... heh.

but yet, you've re-interpreted and regurgitated my opinions to fit your argument...even though i told you more than once that there are in fact positive movements happening within the genre.

and here you basically tell me that i should have the same taste in music as you... or at least, follow the same route in preference over time as you....

that's so ignorant in its' own right....

i'm done with this....there's really nothing more to discuss.

"keep it real" lol...

:knife:

im not telling you to do shit ! im saying if you really woulda liked it you would of followed the good ones.. dont try to put words in my mouth .. but as ignorant as you are i wouldnt expect anything less. peace .

and if having an opinion is trashing other genres just cause you dont like it anymore than you just made yourself out to be a bigger moron than what i had expected .

:vomit2: house

:bowdown: trance.. edgar v , armin, markus, pvd, tiesto ,

MIAMI SCENE sucks right now needs 2 reinvent itself... please bring back trance ..2 main rooms ...

maybe you should check out "BLUE" on tuesdays ! ;) and i agree !! bring it back to the main rooms ;):cool::bowdown:

There is still so much progression in dance music that everyone regardless of preference should jump for joy! :bounce:

I mean, I like the 99 trance music too in a nostalgic sense but if you compare that to what gets played on ASOT EVERY SINGLE WEEK, there is just no comparison, the stuff coming out today blows the old stuff away

and as far as house, house is finally getting nasty with all the electro laden tracks that just makes you wonder who the hell comes up with this stuff

Try listening to a retro mix from mid 90s and you'll know the progression that is taken place, the older stuff just sounds, well, old

Originally Posted by lavosdeldiablo

sup manny !

i just wanted to see what thoughts & opinions i would receive from the ones who look down upon the trance scene. everyone else who has posted their thoughts & opinions to me are real to the scene whether it be trance or house. I don't have anything against that. As a matter a fact i respect them even more.

I just simply wanted to know from the ones who were diehard trance fans, how come all of a sudden you won't see them talk about/ post about/ or even attend any of the trance events, now that they have become househeads. Unless it's a negative reply.

I mean i've even seen househeads from this board at some trance events. i don't get it. Why is that?

i posted what i did to you Jimmy cuz there 2 different outlooks on this. the true ones (househead/trancheads) who are in it for the music. Then you have the ones who stereotype Trance for the type of scene it used to be.

everyone gives it a negative reputation. WHY?

Ask someone who doesn't listen to trance what they think about it & to give your their opinion on it & ask them what do they think about house & see what response they give you.

I think Manny's thread was well funded, his curiosity was directed at trancehouseheads who used to like house and are now converted to trance...I mean, it is a good subject for a thread...to know what made them change from one genre to the other.

I think it's all the same, but in a dfferent intensity and for different case scenarios...wen I want my trance i get my trance, when i want my house I get house...and so on...music is freedom.

:)

actually its the other way around. the ones who were tranceheads are now househeads no longer give the trance scene another look. Why?

Diehard tranceheads no longer even look twice & the trance scene any more.

You see Funk you keep it real. I respect that. you have your positive outlook & not a negative one. You just simply go with your taste in what you wanna listen to. Some people don't choose or look at it that way. They just go with what is being in style & not with what they wanna be true to.

Even some peeps who have posted on here admit that they were into it but since it died out they decied to go with what everyone else was into at the time & not even bother looking back & even giving it another chance.

If only Trance would make a rebound & make such an impact on the EDM scene in Miami again. I would love to see the ones who are not into it now, how all of a sudden they return to the scene & make it there #1 choice again..

:vomit2: house

:bowdown: trance.. edgar v , armin, markus, pvd, tiesto ,

MIAMI SCENE sucks right now needs 2 reinvent itself... please bring back trance ..2 main rooms ...

They way some of our locals play it now, there would be no stopping them.

like i would say when i first started

TRANCE RULES

EVERYTHING ELSE 2ND BEST.

actually its the other way around. the ones who were tranceheads are now househeads no longer give the trance scene another look. Why?

Diehard tranceheads no longer even look twice & the trance scene any more.

You see Funk you keep it real. I respect that. you have your positive outlook & not a negative one. You just simply go with your taste in what you wanna listen to. Some people don't choose or look at it that way. They just go with what is being in style & not with what they wanna be true to.

Thanks Manny, I don't keep it real intentionally...I'm too ADD for that anyways ;) I keep it real in the sense that I go and I support my favorite Djs and I don't care if the place it's hot or crowded or "IN" or I don't know what he fuck a place can be these days :biggrin: if it has air conditioner and and a full bar...that's pretty Vip to me.

Die-Hard Househead I am...any of the old school Aquabooty or Phat Music Sessions survivors will tell you that I was there to support every weekend when there was "nothing big" going on...and religiously brought in my whole crew for all the amazing Djs we've seen pass through Miami...I love house and the people that provide it...that's the spirit of house., love for music and funkiness.

Die-Hard Househead I forgot I was...since Koky began to throw The Fix at Blue with Groove Eric as resident, I fiugured...hey, I'm 4 blocks away...might as well have a place to go on tuesdays and take a leap of faith to a weekend that seemed still so far away...BRO!!!! I stepped on the dancefloor and track after track I couldn't stand still...since that day I've been going back...week after week and I'm happy not only that the night gas gained momentum but also that it has helped me rediscover a lost love for trance that I had in me but for some reason I had perhaps neglected by not knowing were to go or where to look for it.

funk-a-funkfunk-funk-funk!

What I really am is a die-hard spammer! :)

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::pint:

Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance

Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance

Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance Fuck 2 Trance

Thanks Manny, I don't keep it real intentionally...I'm too ADD for that anyways ;) I keep it real in the sense that I go and I support my favorite Djs and I don't care if the place it's hot or crowded or "IN" or I don't know what he fuck a place can be these days :biggrin: if it has air conditioner and and a full bar...that's pretty Vip to me.

Die-Hard Househead I am...any of the old school Aquabooty or Phat Music Sessions survivors will tell you that I was there to support every weekend when there was "nothing big" going on...and religiously brought in my whole crew for all the amazing Djs we've seen pass through Miami...I love house and the people that provide it...that's the spirit of house., love for music and funkiness.

Die-Hard Househead I forgot I was...since Koky began to throw The Fix at Blue with Groove Eric as resident, I fiugured...hey, I'm 4 blocks away...might as well have a place to go on tuesdays and take a leap of faith to a weekend that seemed still so far away...BRO!!!! I stepped on the dancefloor and track after track I couldn't stand still...since that day I've been going back...week after week and I'm happy not only that the night gas gained momentum but also that it has helped me rediscover a lost love for trance that I had in me but for some reason I had perhaps neglected by not knowing were to go or where to look for it.

funk-a-funkfunk-funk-funk!

What I really am is a die-hard spammer! :)

:beer:

:aright:

:bong: