Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GALAXY closes deal with PACHA for 2005 Ibiza Season.

digitalphoenix

Galaxy has secured the first ever residency for UK radio in the Ibiza superclub Pacha for the club's 2005 season.

Launching on June 20 and continuing until September 26, each Monday Galaxy DJ Roger Sanchez will be taking over the main room with his "Release Yourself" parties. On the same night, Galaxy will take over The Global Room providing the best in R'n'B and Hip-Hop from network DJs Steve Sutherland and 3Style together with and Pacha resident Andy B.

Steve Sutherland is the UK's biggest R'n'B DJ with a triple MOBO Award win under his belt. He broadcasts across the Galaxy Network every Saturday night from 9-11pm and again on Sundays from 9pm-1am with the best breaking tunes and star guests from the international urban music world. Steve has released over eleven albums over the last six years as part of the legendary ?Twice As Nice? series and other albums within the urban genre. This has lead to two certified platinum and four gold albums.

3Style presents 'Hip Hop Elementz' with Beats by the pound, underground jawns and the essential elementz of Hip Hop across the Galaxy Network every Tuesday night from 11pm-1am. Also catch him on Galaxy 102.2 (Birmingham) with The Flava Zone every Sunday 2-5pm with the hottest joints.

The Global Room at Pacha served as the main room when the club first opened in 1973, and is opened up as the mainroom on chilly winter Fridays. It boasts a booming bass driven sound system and a newly refurbished DJ booth, along with multi-level bars and podiums.

Pacha Director, Danny Whittle, says, "Pacha are really please to be working with Galaxy and especially pleased to be joining forces on the R'n'B & Hip Hop side of things"

Steve Sutherland adds, "I've been DJ'ing internationally for a while and its great to be associated with the best brands on the planet. Pacha, Sanchez, Galaxy and myself all on one night! With the two S's doing our thing in both rooms- we will definitely change the face and sound in Ibiza this year - lets do this!"

3Style comments, "I am really honoured to be involved with a legendary brand such as Pacha, and also excited about being a part of the new wave of DJ's bring Hip-Hop and R?n?B. It?s going to be groundbreaking in every sense."

Andy B adds, "I really look forward to playing alongside Steve and 3Style, R'n'B is growing fast in Ibiza and this series of parties will really help to move it along."

The Galaxy residency at Pacha is a precursor to the big Galaxy in Ibiza 2005 weekend. Galaxy will be in Ibiza from Friday, 29 July, to Monday, August 1 making this the sixth celebrated year on the island for the UK's biggest commercial radio youth network.

Broadcasts back to the UK and exclusive parties on the island will involve such top names as Hed kandi, bargrooves, Steve Sutherland and Roger Sanchez.

:dj::party:

**Cant wait to get my hands on these sessions! :pint: