Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CBS 48 HOURS ECSTACY REPORT

As I thought..they are singling out some extreme examples...

i appreciate their effort, some of the dangers need to be exploited, but treating this like the new crack isnt the answer. Having a more severe penalty for selling 30 pills as opposed to cocaine is simply scary.

And since when is X the gateway to coke and Heroin? Why isnt anyone bringing up the point that the friends the girl made from using ecstacy probably introduced her to cocain and heroin..isnt that how it works for most drug users? Its not the drug that makes you take other drugs. its how your brain works and your surroundings.

VJ

------------------

AIM:Turbo SC300

------

-Bom.

i apologize..its just that the report is on now....at least its not focusing on rave culture..thats all i care...that my beloved scene is not destroyed by the media..the ex heads are already doing too much damage. the E puddles they showed already were pretty bad...like they picked the worst e puddles to put on tv...

------------------

------

-Bom.

Yeah... there's no story without the extreme examples, and it really is something you just can't relate to if you haven't been there: under the influence or in the circle of relationships. At least they are going to show/ give lip service to a positive aspect... maybe. We'll see.

It's not a 'gateway' drug. If someone moves on to other drugs, it because that's who they are. I never did, or would.

------------------

"Buckle up"

-she knows who she is.

This is otherwise known as "The Media"......I'm pretty sure most of us are aware of the dangers of ecstacy and if everyone is smart, we will take precautions to prevent them or be in good hands if something does happen......fuck the media.

Mikey

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

Man, I hate it when they bust on Dancesafe!!! There the best thing that has happened to this fuckin country since the FDA!!! cwm23.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

"That's the last time I ever do crystal meth, speed, heroin, pot, 12 cookies' worth of acid, ether, ecstacy, and cocaine in a four- hour period.

Or was that just Tranceport?"

I KNEW IT!!!

Why would i expect ANYTHING good from fuckin' CBS? MTV will probably fuck this issue up also.

The dealer that was busted was a fuckin idiot. And the therapy ecstasy segment was even more idiotic. Fuckin' herbs all around!

Those raves in Buffalo and Cali don't prove shit. They're all idiots over there anyway. I met people from these places, makes me love New York more than anything.

AND WEBSTER HALL! That old guy was reporting INSIDE OF WEBSTER HALL!

The only good thing that segment did was convince me for sure that I will never go to that shit hole ever again. I hate that place more than Twilo now. Webster Hall is a fuckin' waste of space and just attracts the B & T crowd.

IF IT WASN'T FOR DRUGS LIKE X AND K, THERE WOULD BE NO HOUSE MUSIC! NO TRANCE! No progressive house could be made by A SOBER PERSON! At least not any good music.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!?!

E is a gateway drug?!

Yea, and Hillary Clinton is gonna be a great fuckin senator than!

stupid mothafuckers.

You're all quite right...

A little annoyed at the extreme cases...I mean, anything could be considered a gateway drug. I think it was simply the feeling of an escape from reality, not the actual drug, that got that girl hooked and led her to try other things.

However, I was somewhat surprised (and pleased) that ecstasy wasn't completely portrayed as being 100% terrible. I liked the fact that at least they showed a seemingly normal woman whom the drug helped, without condemning her as an evil person. Overall not a spectacular show but certainly not the worst thing I've ever seen.

You're all quite right...

A little annoyed at the extreme cases...I mean, anything could be considered a gateway drug. I think it was simply the feeling of an escape from reality, not the actual drug, that got that girl hooked and led her to try other things.

However, I was somewhat surprised (and pleased) that ecstasy wasn't completely portrayed as being 100% terrible. I liked the fact that at least they showed a seemingly normal woman whom the drug helped, without condemning her as an evil person. Overall not a spectacular show but certainly not the worst thing I've ever seen.

My girlfriends and I just watched the special for the first time, and we were all sorely disappointed with the angle they chose to take on the subject... did you notice they gave not-so-flattering, completely unneccessary details about the woman who thought the drug should be legalized for theraputic purposes? Right at the very beginning, they mentioned the man who she was with "was not the father of any of her three children." I think that, and a few other unsavory details, did a lot to discredit her, and filming her visit to a witch doctor didn't do much for the credibility of her sanity either. Ah, the biases of the media...

I thought it was funny how they mentioned the fact for every 1 death due to ecstasy, there are 100 due to cocaine... and then they waved that fact aside, still stressing that the equal penalties for selling both e and cocaine are perfectly fair "because both kill people." Well... so does alcohol, you know. rolleyes.gif

That dealer was sleazy, too... you know he "complied with the police" by ratting on the friend he was supposedly "just doing a favor for." Whatever... cwm23.gif

------------------

The purpose of life? To die young as late as possible.

icon_happykittn.gificon_tarepanda.gificon_whip.gificon_hkstudy.gificon_sailormoon.gif

XHead..i gotta disagree on one point...

only fucked up people make good house music..come on...are you joking?

and yea..he was reporting from inside webster hall cuz all of america knows what that is...and you dont need to be judgemental about the raves in buffalo and california...what makes you think the people are stupid there? There parties are some of the best..its the NYC area raves that suck these days...

DS is a wonderful organization..and that woman who said she did 5 years of therapy in one afternoon with a pill is a little fucked up..just a little..how bout we all drive to a meadow, take a pill, and drive home when its all over.

It wasnt a bad segment..informative at times...the scientist bashing DS was uncalled for..i mean the alternative is to let kids who are uninformed eat pills..theyre gonna do it. Something like 9.3 million pills have been confiscated in florida alone this year..this shit isnt gonna stop..its too powerful and we know it...everyone wants it and every other idiot is eating pills..ugh.

------------------

------

-Bom.

Be Happy you don’t live in Miami. Simple possession of a Glow Stick in certain Clubs; will get you kicked out.. The local ABC affiliate did a report last night; that basically Said anybody listening to Trance; must be using “X”.. the title of the report was “Trance, What you don’t know “... Hmmmmmmmmmm !!!

Peace,

Sobeton

"IF IT WASN'T FOR DRUGS LIKE X AND K, THERE WOULD BE NO HOUSE MUSIC! NO TRANCE! No progressive house could be made by A SOBER PERSON! At least not any good music"

This has to be the most idiotic statement ever made on this board. xhead-you are a jerkoff

YOU'RE ALL HERBS...

I'm a jerk-off? what are you fuckin' stupid? i'll smack you.

NAME ME ONE DJ,(that is good, really really good). THAT IS NOT FUCKED UP ON SOMETHING?! especially when they spin. One DJ that can play pack any club he wants and spins all around that world. THAT IS NOT FUCKED UP! You give me evidence and i'll shut you up with mine.

Sober people CAN NEVER make anything this good like House music and people that are always sober can never really enjoy it.

I'm right, you're wrong.

I think the thing that scared me the most was the side effects that girl had from taking so much E.She can never feel the happiness that normal everyday people can feel and she is permenatly brain damaged.

XHEAD-people can have fun and make music sober,I think your just saying that because you can't go out sober and have fun.Not everyone is fucked up all the time.

------------------

02_24_w.gif is in the 02_19_w.gif = boogie-ing_man.gif

we got some dj's on this board why dont we ask them if E helps them spin? I think that would a lot more informative than xhead's blabbering. Also, its not the dj's that make the music...... and the artists that do make it don't make it because they're on E, its because they have a musical background and they know their shit. Sasha doesn't make amazing music because of E, is because he has an ear for music. Shit, no matter how much E i'll take I still won't be able to make music like him. I think that it's unfair to attribute the scene to the E, I think it works the other way around....

DIMA

X-Head, youre a prick. Go away and take your bullshit with you.

First off...if a DJ isnt really really good..it must not mean much if he spins sober right? And if a DJ takes E, and dissociatives liek K, that would probably help his or her coordination too right?

------------------

------

-Bom.

Originally posted by xhead68:

YOU'RE ALL HERBS...

I'm a jerk-off? what are you fuckin' stupid? i'll smack you.

NAME ME ONE DJ,(that is good, really really good). THAT IS NOT FUCKED UP ON SOMETHING?! especially when they spin. One DJ that can play pack any club he wants and spins all around that world. THAT IS NOT FUCKED UP! You give me evidence and i'll shut you up with mine.

Sober people CAN NEVER make anything this good like House music and people that are always sober can never really enjoy it.

I'm right, you're wrong.

I can't even argue with you because you sound so ridiculous...do yourself a favor, stay in your garage and twirl your glowsticks to Do It Again.....