Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Some "housedancing" clips for ya to enjoy!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iamsamurai and others,

Don't get too mad. Most people are not sure what Popping Locking, or Bboying is? House is alot younger than those styles (especially in the media!!). So, give people a little bit of a chance. Especially since the clips you have shown is not what people are typically doing in HOUSE (on the housedanceproject vids!!). The clips are people working on other elements as well.

Think!! You have stepped in the Shelter and the HDC event, which is more focused on the " underground". The mainstream media usually takes from the underground and puts a water down version of what is out there, and usually years later. So, what do you expect people to think? Not getting on you, just helping you to relax. I used to be a little hot headed like you about these things. But, I had to start understanding where people who basically watch MTV, videos, or just basic going out and dancing are used to seeing or are into.

Also, people just may not like what they see! PERIOD! People have a right to their opinions (which are based on what they know! And if it's not much! Then, there is not much of an opinion!!).

But, just a little question. Since, you like the " french style " of house, would you have any clue who are their teachers. Going back to 1992??

To all that love dance, thanks for coming out and getting down where ever you party. That is what is about!! Many will learn later. Don't worry so much about it, people.

Also learn that many haters are serious biters, so don't fall into the BS. That is sometimes a ploy to have you solicit more info. Many choreographers and dancers are watching these sites for info and to copy moves from the clips people post (on this site and others!!). I travel around the world teaching and performing, I have seen these people do it. I shut them down, when I catch them. So be careful.

GOD BLESS ALL and KEEP DANCING,

Brian Footwork Green

nope no clue who taught them, like i've always stated. I just started getting into all this about a year ago and only know the big names thrown out or cats I seen in videos n clips.

I do notice I dont see any dancers doing what i call "french style" out here.

Aside from footwork, Eliseo is the next house dancer I bumped into that blew me away.

But ppl should def check out www.thehousedanceproject.com Tony is SIIIIIIICKNESS.

i love the HDC and attend whenver I go. I just really dig certain styles and yup I've checked out the House dance project site, LOVE it.

I'm a newborn baby to all this to be honest. I just have a huge respect and admiration for these dancers.

nice thread you guys got going here this is the first time i've checked it out.. and yea i know whats going on in the "underground" i'm a HuGE fan of all dancing forms i try not to knock anyone's style down. "cept for the SF shuffle [/ joke]

i my self am a new commer to the house dance and ever since i met my boy "E" i basically fell in love with dancing true there are alot of Biter's out there and you can tell who they are,but hey i really could care less bout that i just go out and get down to some house "i prefer deep/soulful house" to give me the stress relief i need at the end of every week these past two years with no drug and none of that BS! i think FootWrK is one if not the best dancer i've seen and then everyone else that follows everyone has their style i could sit here all night and type away but i'm too tire and need some sleep Peace and ONE LUV...

Guest onisakura
def i dig listening to some smooth chill soulful house. My heart loves those fast drums and percussions, gimme tribal and afro beats, quick. Just wish my feet and the rest of me could keep up with that rhythm.

Ah love that africanismo. Puts my salsa and latin flavor to good use. :)

def i dig listening to some smooth chill soulful house. My heart loves those fast drums and percussions, gimme tribal and afro beats, quick. Just wish my feet and the rest of me could keep up with that rhythm.

Same...thats why i've been trying to get to that Afrokenetic party on fridays for so long. That and TOTH. Both have live percussion elements i hear.

Gotta make it to that!

• 2 weeks later...

Iam..,,

Sorry to reply soo late, been busy last week with the HDC event and my own projects. As far who taught alot of the French, you named some of them. It was me since 1994, later on, it was Tony McGregor, Shannon "whichway Sha" (who is in the HDC DVD featuring the House Dance Masters), and Caleaf just came back from there. Other people here (NY)that influenced France in House and other parts of Europe and Asia in House, along with the names I just gave you are: Marjory, Shan S, Ejoe, Kim Holmes, and Justice. But regardless of that, I do agree, that some people over in France are very good, DEFINITELY!

Brian Footwork Green

Iam..,,

Sorry to reply soo late, been busy last week with the HDC event and my own projects. As far who taught alot of the French, you named some of them. It was me since 1994, later on, it was Tony McGregor, Shannon "whichway Sha" (who is in the HDC DVD featuring the House Dance Masters), and Caleaf just came back from there. Other people here (NY)that influenced France in House and other parts of Europe and Asia in House, along with the names I just gave you are: Marjory, Shan S, Ejoe, Kim Holmes, and Justice. But regardless of that, I do agree, that some people over in France are very good, DEFINITELY!

Brian Footwork Green

^ The next show at the next HDC sounds promessing... How much is those the HDC DVD go for and can I get it online? Also do you still have a house dance class running?

• 1 month later...