Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Monitor question

i'm looking into buying a monitor and i was wondering if anyone who knows about these things could help a brother out...

-any brand i should stay away from?

-what specsshould i look to get (how many mhz? 1200X1600 or something like that?)

-anyone happen to know of anywhere with a sale going on?

muchas gracias

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

there really aint much diffrence etween monitors it really depends on your video card and what you need it for defintaly look for something with atleast a .25 dot pitch and your resolution will depend on the size

------------------

music is an escape from reality-----------

Just got the viewsonic A90 a few weeks ago and I love it. Reasonably priced with 19 inch view screen was about $300 at compusa, but you could do much better online at places like egghead.com

If you're a gamer I would highly recommend *against* a flat screen monitor (flat screen meaning narrow monitor not screen curviture).

With the holidays coming you may or may not luck out when it comes to a new monitor. I'd suggest holding out till after x-mas when the sales hit hard. Viewsonic is a top notch company with great monitors so long as you stay away from their extreme low end models.

Trinitron also make fantastic monitors but are more expensive. Keep an eye out on ebay, PCConnection, egghead and various wholesale auction sites and see what comes up but you should find something more than decent for between 300-400 depending on the size you're looking for.

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."