Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Photographers Needed!

I need people in the tri-state area to photograph events in New York, the Hamptons, as well as the Shore.

Working under the banner of clubplanet.com, I will be needing several people to go out and shoot events on a weekly basis in the area. This is a long term gig. Excellent opportunity for students, recent grads, or people out on the town looking for some money.

- Must be 21 or older.

- Experience preferred, but not needed. I'll give you shooting advice if you're new to this.

- Must have own digital camera.

- This is a paying gig. The more you work, the more you earn.

- Interested? Email dan@cooljunkie.com .... that's me, your esteemed (come on, work with me...) photo editor.

i could send you the file and you could have it printed... there is a place on bond street that do a really nice job... poster size... i have to look at the picture to see the grain... i think the largest i can blow it up is for a 11x11... if the photo is grainy then any larger the pic will not look clear... i can do darkroom work... but you would get the same work from a printer being there is no touch up to the photo... if there was, i would need to go to a darkroom and edit somethings.... in this case i dont have to.... i am running out... i have the file outside of my computer... i'll pm you, and anyone else that wants it... no charge... just when people ask where you got the pic. promote my name... thanks....

ps. if you look at the first photo that is danny at the closing party... he is holding the light.

i could send you the file and you could have it printed... there is a place on bond street that do a really nice job... poster size... i have to look at the picture to see the grain... i think the largest i can blow it up is for a 11x11... if the photo is grainy then any larger the pic will not look clear... i can do darkroom work... but you would get the same work from a printer being there is no touch up to the photo... if there was, i would need to go to a darkroom and edit somethings.... in this case i dont have to.... i am running out... i have the file outside of my computer... i'll pm you, and anyone else that wants it... no charge... just when people ask where you got the pic. promote my name... thanks....

ps. if you look at the first photo that is danny at the closing party... he is holding the light.

sweetness.....thanks so much :)

How many MP is the shot of the Arc photo and what is your printing resolution. If shot in RAW mode, ( Not sure what camera you have or what your capabilities are ) but RAW is lossless compression. You can then save to TIFF, edit in PSCS and enlarge slighty more than you can shooting in Fine JPEG format.

You can have a company upsize the pixels and not get any noise in the photos.

I have had a few of these done for various retaurants in South Jersey. I also had an image that was 6mp blown up to 70''x50'' without grain, distortion, or drop in image sharpness that now sits above my couch in my living room.

POD - Take a look at my galleries below. If you are interested you can contact me through the website. Or if you guys need another Photo Editor, drop me a line as well. I am pretty skilled when it comes to Photoshop. My job holds crazy hours. And as I would love to have another gig. I could not be commited 100%

Here are a few small sub galleries of some of my work. I have a ton more photos that I have not prepared for upload yet. But as I finish I update the galleries.

Statue Of Liberty Color - http://www.slphotos.fotopic.net/c511210.html

Statue Of Liberty B&W - http://www.slphotos.fotopic.net/c511214.html

Time Square - http://www.slphotos.fotopic.net/c492100.html

New York Yankees - http://www.slphotos.fotopic.net/c515372.html

Or you can view my entire gallery here - http://www.slphotos.fotopic.net/

PS - Crow, I really enjoy your work. When you get your shit up and running again. Drop me a PM where I can view more of it.

Thanks

I lost my sony cybershot 5 mgpxls :confused: or it was stolen :mad: Anyway I hope the poor soul who took it puts it to good use...Never liked that camera anyway...was too noisy :yuck:

Anyone have any recommendations on a good silent professional digital cam. that takes great quality photos far and closeup, thats not too costly?

I lost my sony cybershot 5 mgpxls :confused: or it was stolen :mad: Anyway I hope the poor soul who took it puts it to good use...Never liked that camera anyway...was too noisy :yuck:

Anyone have any recommendations on a good silent professional digital cam. that takes great quality photos far and closeup, thats not too costly?

That leaves a very wide range... Give a price range, and I can fill you in on all the details for the ones I believe best fit.

The camera that I would like probably costs like about 3000.00...(I am such a slacker to do the research at the moment)...but I can only spend no more than 500.00 right now. I want something with a long and fast zoom lens( 20mm to 300mm with a 1.4 lens), thats silent(so I could take pics of cute little wild critters in the forest without scaring their asses off), that has infrared, very close up-micro capabilities(without having to buy add-on lenses), thats medium sized, color doesn't matter( well maybe not any GRAY camera), if possible something that accepts different types of batteries (power sources)and memory sticks( basically ADAPTABLE to traditional classic photo equip)...and something thats user friendly, especially with computers ...and again, definitely

"NO CAMERA THAT GOES CLING-CLANG-TING-TONG"every time you turn it on and off and shoot :splat:

Am I picky or what?:)

That leaves a very wide range... Give a price range, and I can fill you in on all the details for the ones I believe best fit.

The camera that I would like probably costs like about 3000.00...(I am such a slacker to do the research at the moment)...but I can only spend no more than 500.00 right now. I want something with a long and fast zoom lens( 20mm to 300mm with a 1.4 lens), thats silent(so I could take pics of cute little wild critters in the forest without scaring their asses off), that has infrared, very close up-micro capabilities(without having to buy add-on lenses), thats medium sized, color doesn't matter( well maybe not any GRAY camera), if possible something that accepts different types of batteries (power sources)and memory sticks( basically ADAPTABLE to traditional classic photo equip)...and something thats user friendly, especially with computers ...and again, definitely

"NO CAMERA THAT GOES CLING-CLANG-TING-TONG"every time you turn it on and off and shoot :splat:

Am I picky or what?:)

Yeah, and good luck finding all that for under $500 lol

Your best bet... Round about would be the Konica/Minolta A200 excellent camera that I have seen great images come out of.

Another would be the New ( Not yet released ) Canon Powershot S-2

Obviously the most versitile would be the D-SLRs but you seem to not want to go that high... And the body of the camera is only the half of it. Lenses are what runs you the most money... For anything good anyway.

I know you said you are lazy... But check the B&H photo website... They have just about everything. And top quality service and dependable store.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...