Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the nj scene

[rant]

I don't nomally post, but something is starting to bother me. I'd first like to say that in no way am i bashing NJ dj's, but the music these clubs/lounges are playing are wack. I was actually pretty good friends with a DJ who used to post here. He told me it sucks that he can't play the music he wanted to, he had to play this bs they tell him to. I'm not gonna be name dropper, but he had a show on metromix, where he was allowed to play what ever he wanted. His track selection/mixing was flawless and was always droppin' some dope beats. tech-house and acid house is not played around here. NJ is yet to have a place where they play different kinds of house music. A place with no dress code, where you can go in sneakers and sweat pants and just dance. I know a place like this could work because i know theres actullaly people who go just to listen to good music. imagine that? going to a club specifally for a dj you like? I know there's some nice eye candy and all, but it shouldn't be the only reason to goto a club. wether you'll admit it or not, majority of the people go to flaunt their shit and or get laid. If you don't believe that, then you're lying to yourself. And believe me, there's no problem with that. But come on, every single place is the same. there's no variety. There needs to be an alternative. There needs to be a spot where world reknown DJ's can come. Alot of the hardcore music fans think Johnathan Peters is the best DJ. I can understand that, he has his momements. But outside NY he's nobody. He didn't even make the best 100 in the world. (according to DJMag.com) I know this post is long and boring, but i wish 1 of the promoters would bring a big DJ here. I dunno if any of yous heard of vinyl/arc in the city. They were in business for about 14 years before they lost the building. They never had a liquor license. yes thats right, did not serve alcohol... They didn't need it. They were bringing in the best Dj's in the world there and no one could compete with the big name djs. Who's DJing to me is the most important ingredient to having a good time, and im sure other people feel that way. Now the same promotion team that was at arc does alot of the promotions at spirit [madeevents]. It might cost a little more [cover charge] but i'm sure it'd pay off in the long run, and bring alot of real music heads actually into NJ clubs. [/rant]

[rant]

I don't nomally post, but something is starting to bother me. I'd first like to say that in no way am i bashing NJ dj's, but the music these clubs/lounges are playing are wack. I was actually pretty good friends with a DJ who used to post here. He told me it sucks that he can't play the music he wanted to, he had to play this bs they tell him to. I'm not gonna be name dropper, but he had a show on metromix, where he was allowed to play what ever he wanted. His track selection/mixing was flawless and was always droppin' some dope beats. tech-house and acid house is not played around here. NJ is yet to have a place where they play different kinds of house music. A place with no dress code, where you can go in sneakers and sweat pants and just dance. I know a place like this could work because i know theres actullaly people who go just to listen to good music. imagine that? going to a club specifally for a dj you like? I know there's some nice eye candy and all, but it shouldn't be the only reason to goto a club. wether you'll admit it or not, majority of the people go to flaunt their shit and or get laid. If you don't believe that, then you're lying to yourself. And believe me, there's no problem with that. But come on, every single place is the same. there's no variety. There needs to be an alternative. There needs to be a spot where world reknown DJ's can come. Alot of the hardcore music fans think Johnathan Peters is the best DJ. I can understand that, he has his momements. But outside NY he's nobody. He didn't even make the best 100 in the world. (according to DJMag.com) I know this post is long and boring, but i wish 1 of the promoters would bring a big DJ here. I dunno if any of yous heard of vinyl/arc in the city. They were in business for about 14 years before they lost the building. They never had a liquor license. yes thats right, did not serve alcohol... They didn't need it. They were bringing in the best Dj's in the world there and no one could compete with the big name djs. Who's DJing to me is the most important ingredient to having a good time, and im sure other people feel that way. Now the same promotion team that was at arc does alot of the promotions at spirit [madeevents]. It might cost a little more [cover charge] but i'm sure it'd pay off in the long run, and bring alot of real music heads actually into NJ clubs. [/rant]

why do you have [rant] before and after your post?

...of course everyone has heard of vinyl..........just cause u live in jersey doesn't mean u don't go out anywhere else.......not everyone wants to be out until sunday at 1pm anymore.....sometimes it's nice to just go out locally and have a good time......no it's not always world renowned dj's but who fucking cares.......music is great and at one point was the deciding factor in whether or not i went out but sometimes it's who you're with not who is spinning....

its gotten to the point of "noone gives a shit anymore" since the "armani xchange club kid era of 99" everyone wants to be a promoter, everyone wants to be a dj. shit is all fucked up now. now promoters are struggling to get shit back the way it should be, look what they are doing to seaside this summer, this shit would have never been in consideration a few years back.

shit is going downhill, they have to bring in the big names to get business, and if this dont work, you can kiss seaside goodbye.

its gotten to the point of "noone gives a shit anymore" since the "armani xchange club kid era of 99" everyone wants to be a promoter, everyone wants to be a dj. shit is all fucked up now. now promoters are struggling to get shit back the way it should be, look what they are doing to seaside this summer, this shit would have never been in consideration a few years back.

shit is going downhill, they have to bring in the big names to get business, and if this dont work, you can kiss seaside goodbye.

werd, if you wanna hear big names and wear sneakers, try the shore this year

werd, if you wanna hear big names and wear sneakers, try the shore this year

I remember the good old dayz of wearing comfortable clothes and sneakers so you can rip up the floor with every step at Tunnel......those were the days

I remember the good old dayz of wearing comfortable clothes and sneakers so you can rip up the floor with every step at Tunnel......those were the days

shit back when i started going there you actully had to dress up to the 9's and have that book bag with the adidas pants and a tank top and your sneakers in it, walk in and go change in your spot asap and coat check the bag with your loser clothes in it. then it slowly got to the point when you can just walk in there with anything on.

shit back when i started going there you actully had to dress up to the 9's and have that book bag with the adidas pants and a tank top and your sneakers in it, walk in and go change in your spot asap and coat check the bag with your loser clothes on. then it slowly got to the point when you can just walk in there with anything on.

...lol. sooo true.......

shit back when i started going there you actully had to dress up to the 9's and have that book bag with the adidas pants and a tank top and your sneakers in it, walk in and go change in your spot asap and coat check the bag with your loser clothes in it. then it slowly got to the point when you can just walk in there with anything on.

dude, ther are still people who do that at Crobar...lol

BTW, i am so glad that Made has moved to Spirit...somewhere that has a liquor licnese...so in case someone actually has an open mind and wants to hear some international talent, they can have a few drinks and tear it up

I know so many people, including myself who avoided arc/vinyl b/c they were afraid of walkin into a total crackden

I was able to get away with it (just walking in) cause I worked there...I know what you mean though...all my friends did the switch a rue in the back hallway....lol and then give me their shit to put upstairs in the light booth so the coat check people did not loose it (aka purposely loose it)...lol

dude, ther are still people who do that at Crobar...lol

BTW, i am so glad that Made has moved to Spirit...somewhere that has a liquor licnese...so in case someone actually has an open mind and wants to hear some international talent, they can have a few drinks and tear it up

I know so many people, including myself who avoided arc/vinyl b/c they were afraid of walkin into a total crackden

hahah noo way, i went to crobar once so far for morillo, i dont do that many trips into the city anymore, only if something big is going on. i went to vinyl one time and i dont do drugs so i was sober as a mofo, i had a good time kinda, but it wasnt happening again no matter who was spinning there, I NEED ME SOME LIQUAAAA.

<~ Wears sneakers everywhere.

Seriously Crobar has mad talent week after week, as well as Shelters Sunday Party, and a few other hot partys throughout the city. The shore is changing things up this summer too, so that looks like it will be better then the previous summers.

I have said this before, but it applies to your comment. Deko is the only place in NJ to change it up and bring in real House DJ's. The main problem is most jersey heads will not come out and support house parties unless it is a big name DJ. So what happens is the venue owners boot the house DJ's out and replace them with hip hop DJ's, instead of letting the party build up and gain a following.

The other problem is this, I notice that when people post events and parties on these message boards, they get hated on by people if they are not known.

So whatever party they are trying to promote gets shot down by a couple of haters and then no one comes out even though it could be a great night, but they will never know because they took the word of some jackass on a message board.

Those are the reasons that NJ will never have what NYC has had in the past and still has.

would help if they served booze there

I drank a half gallon of Kettle/Red Bull when I parked at fuel, it kept me buzzed for 4 hours while I was there.... bought a couple of red bulls to keep me going.

It surprisingly wasn't bad at all....