Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is it worth it?

My fiance's friend has a '02 Hyabusa (sp?) and he want's to sell it, my fiance told him that he would buy it off of him. Now his friend is willing to sell it to him for $6,500 with 1,190 mile's on it and it's already paid off. Do you think this is a good deal?

I can't understand people selling their bikes so quickly, with so little mileage. Is it a matter of buying it impulsively and not realizing what you are getting into? I've had my bike for about a month and a half and I've put a little under 2K miles on it, and I can barely keep myself off the damn thing.

Guest onisakura
I can't understand people selling their bikes so quickly, with so little mileage. Is it a matter of buying it impulsively and not realizing what you are getting into? I've had my bike for about a month and a half and I've put a little under 2K miles on it, and I can barely keep myself off the damn thing.

Id have to say YES, its an impulse buy for a lot of people. Especially a hayabusa. I can't fathom why so many people want them here in florida. They aren't over 6 feet tall, and they dont go on long rides. Why the hell would an average guy want to jump to a 1300 that weighs 50 tons that cuts in and out of traffic like molasses on a cold day? Most of these guys think they can handle it but then realize that they were better off on a smaller bike or off one completely.

Well my fiance already owns a GSX-R 1000, and he said that if he get's tired of the Busa he can always sell it, because he said they sell quick. As for his friend I guess at the time he bought it he had that impulse to buy it and now it's just sitting in his garage and he no longer want's it.